NameSilo

The New NamePros, Reported Issues

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
9
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Eric, thanks for clarifying, didn't realize "..." was a menu. Possibly consider naming it 'more' to reduce confusion.

The last remaining major issue for me is viewing new posts first, will that feature return? It's a much more efficient way to read new posts especially via mobile, greatly reduces the scrolling.
 
1
•••
Eric, thanks for clarifying, didn't realize "..." was a menu. Possibly consider naming it 'more' to reduce confusion.

The last remaining major issue for me is viewing new posts first, will that feature return? It's a much more efficient way to read new posts especially via mobile, greatly reduces the scrolling.
I'm looking at the https://www.namepros.com/find-new/2098/posts page at the moment, is that what you mean? Looking at the right, the time / date stamps appear to be listing newest first for me. are they not doing that for you?
 
1
•••
I'm looking at the https://www.namepros.com/find-new/2098/posts page at the moment, is that what you mean? Looking at the right, the time / date stamps appear to be listing newest first for me. are they not doing that for you?

No, I'm referring to viewing a thread just like this one. In the past there was a user option to view new posts first, in essence viewing in reverse order, such that the latest post in this thread is on the top of page one instead of the bottom of page seven.
 
1
•••
Another thing I just noticed (or didn't), I no longer see a post number associated to each post in the thread
 
1
•••
Another thing I just noticed (or didn't), I no longer see a post number associated to each post in the thread
Look at bottom right of this post.. see the Like / Thank / etc.. links? look just to the left of them & see the #125? that's the post number :)
 
1
•••
Look at bottom right of this post.. see the Like / Thank / etc.. links? look just to the left of them & see the #125? that's the post number :)

I'm not seeing it on mobile, screenshot attached
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 114
1
•••
I'm not seeing it on mobile, screenshot attached
K, looks like the post number is only shown on web interface and not mobile. Which I can kinda understand since the mobile version of everything usually simplifies everything for easier usage and less clutter to fit nicely on a smaller screen resolution.
 
1
•••
No, I'm referring to viewing a thread just like this one. In the past there was a user option to view new posts first, in essence viewing in reverse order, such that the latest post in this thread is on the top of page one instead of the bottom of page seven.

More info on this, I went to another forum still using older version and the setting is/was:

User CP:Edit Options:Thread Display Mode:Linear-Newest First
 
1
•••
How do you close a thread? Thanks! %%-
 
2
•••
How do you close a thread? Thanks! %%-
Still working on this, The platform did not come with a default option to allow members to close threads, so we are working on adding that. Hopefully we can get it updated by the end of the day if everything goes smoothly ;)
 
2
•••
K, looks like the post number is only shown on web interface and not mobile. Which I can kinda understand since the mobile version of everything usually simplifies everything for easier usage and less clutter to fit nicely on a smaller screen resolution.

That would be an example of the mobile users not getting the full forum, what I call adaptive hell where a CSS designer is guessing what info a mobile user wants to see or not. I for one want it all, the full forum experience and content available regardless of device. Earlier someone said the mobile site offered the identical content, clearly that was wrong and I now wonder what else is missing.
 
1
•••
Still working on this, The platform did not come with a default option to allow members to close threads, so we are working on adding that. Hopefully we can get it updated by the end of the day if everything goes smoothly ;)

Thanks, Eric! :)
 
2
•••
Sorry Eric, maybe I didn't explain myself properly. In the old NP you could go straight to your " active threads " that is those you actually created/initiated. Did that function disappear? I know where to find the threads I am following but I don't know how to filter MINE out to know how many I have, to update them, to close them etc..

It also seems I am not able to close my own threads..( yes I could find one! because it was in the wanted section so it was easy!!!! :p )

Thank you

Your Profile Page -> Information -> Find all threads by [your username]
 
3
•••
One more issue that i am facing is:-

I wanted to clear up some of the messages in my inbox, now when i left/closed some conversations (with Accept future messages option), the message count that shows up under my DP/Avator, din't change.
+
It is very complicated, as if one just chooses the leave conversation option (with Ignore future messages) just in hope to clear up some inbox space, he won't be able to receive further messages from the other person.

Earlier, we had the freedom to free up a good amount of space, by just deleting our sent messages, and could retain the incoming messages.
 
1
•••
One more issue that i am facing is:-

I wanted to clear up some of the messages in my inbox, now when i left/closed some conversations (with Accept future messages option), the message count that shows up under my DP/Avator, din't change.
+
It is very complicated, as if one just chooses the leave conversation option (with Ignore future messages) just in hope to clear up some inbox space, he won't be able to receive further messages from the other person.

Earlier, we had the freedom to free up a good amount of space, by just deleting our sent messages, and could retain the incoming messages.

Conversations are like threads, and your inbox is like a forum. You don't need to delete conversations that you don't care about anymore; just leave them alone and they'll eventually get pushed to the next page. This way, you always have a record of history.
 
1
•••
Just logged in via my laptop, some differences from mobile site I quickly noticed:

-post #
-user info (Joined, Messages, Likes Received)
-Signatures are missing
-"Share This Page" Social media links in footer plus RSS feed
 
1
•••
Not sure if it is my error or not. I posted a new thread and it did not appear within the new posts
One of my posts from yesterday disappeared too. I'm convinced it is a conspiracy.

By the way, is it just me or does anyone else note that brand new posts tend to jump around? My last post first seemed to appear on Page 4 (containing the post I was replying to) but then popped over to Page 7 (currently the last page of this thread).
 
1
•••
. Earlier someone said the mobile site offered the identical content, clearly that was wrong and I now wonder what else is missing.
I said you could view the site in non mobile view and you would get exactly the same experience.

Use a different browser that lets you view in "Desktop" mode. Mobile is an option that is used by the designer to provide the best balance of usability, feature, function and speed. If you want the full non-mobile version then tell your phone/browser which mode you want to use. Parity of function is not the priority of the mobile developer (within reason, of course).

If you're using Safari then I guess it's time for an upgrade.
 
2
•••
One of my posts from yesterday disappeared too. I'm convinced it is a conspiracy.

By the way, is it just me or does anyone else note that brand new posts tend to jump around? My last post first seemed to appear on Page 4 (containing the post I was replying to) but then popped over to Page 7 (currently the last page of this thread).

Posts use ajax. You can post on any page, and it will appear at the bottom of the page you are on; however, you'll get a message between your post and the rest of the page that there are missing posts in between. Your post will appear on the last page if you refresh.

I said you could view the site in non mobile view and you would get exactly the same experience.

Use a different browser that lets you view in "Desktop" mode. Mobile is an option that is used by the designer to provide the best balance of usability, feature, function and speed. If you want the full non-mobile version then tell your phone/browser which mode you want to use. Parity of function is not the priority of the mobile developer (within reason, of course).

If you're using Safari then I guess it's time for an upgrade.

Right. Android users have the option to view pages at desktop width, where they'll see all of the extra content that disappears in mobile view. I don't recall if iOS offers that, as I haven't used my iPhone in a while; iOS tends to sacrifice functionality for usability (while Android does the opposite), so features like that are sometimes missing. If it becomes an issue we'll add a fixed-width theme/option at some point for iOS users.

We typically test phone support on Android 4.x, iOS 7, and Windows 8 RT.
 
2
•••
I said you could view the site in non mobile view and you would get exactly the same experience.

Use a different browser that lets you view in "Desktop" mode. Mobile is an option that is used by the designer to provide the best balance of usability, feature, function and speed. If you want the full non-mobile version then tell your phone/browser which mode you want to use. Parity of function is not the priority of the mobile developer (within reason, of course).

If you're using Safari then I guess it's time for an upgrade.

I know of no setting, if there were it would be a global setting which may hose other sites I visit which wouldn't fly. My Safari is fully upgraded, and a lot of people use it, not going to load and launch another browser just for NP.
 
1
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back