NameSilo

The New NamePros, Reported Issues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where you guys see the trader rating?

•••
•••
I absolutely *hate* the new forums. I think the previous design was perfect, so why change it? Now NP just looks like every other forum.
  • No more stars
  • No more rep
  • Design elements too hard to distinguish amongst themselves
I know change is always met with criticism, but it will take some time before I enjoy the new design.

•••
Eric. Which forum software are you now using?

•••
•••
Where you guys see the trader rating?
Click on the person's pic. You're still 100% just as we would expect from such fine people :)

Hope you are keeping yourself out of harm's way at home.

•••
Finally a look which suits the community. I was growing rather tired of the old design and platform. Good job

•••
since the upgrade i can log into my old account but it says i am banned and then i can't log out. i had to create a new account and use another browser to post this. my old username is jasonn.

•••
Just made a reply in the Shawn Hogan thread, not showing up in New Posts.

Now this thread isn't showing up under New Posts for me, after I made this post.

Also noticed the Shoot the Sh*t thread isn't showing up for me under Watched Threads. I made a post in that today - https://www.namepros.com/watched/threads

From those examples, it seems if I make a post in a thread, that thread disappears for New Posts or Watched Threads.

Ok, for the Watched Threads:
Unread Watched Threads
This is a list of the 20 most recently-updated threads with unread replies that you are watching. There may be more to view.

It should default to the way you had it before. I have to click There may be more to view each time.

New Posts still not showing. Basically, it seems if I post in a thread, it'll disappear from New Posts.

Agree with this as well - "Separators and backgrounds are too light, might be a problem for people with lower vision"

You have very light blue, with the white. Maybe darken it up a little so it doesn't bleed into each other so much.

But overall, good job, just need some tweaks here and there.

The

Last edited:
•••
Is seeing who is in the thread viewing it, going to come back?

•••
Mobile is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. Did I mention mobile is waaaaaaaaaaaaa better.

•••
Why is Mis_chiff called an Active Member ?

Oh I figured it out she has enough trophy's.

•••
•••
why cant we see trader ratings?

•••
•••
i do agree the logo was a big part of the frontpage when you first logged, that is a minus not to be there anymore

•••
•••
Eric. Which forum software are you now using?
Xenforo

since the upgrade i can log into my old account but it says i am banned and then i can't log out. i had to create a new account and use another browser to post this. my old username is jasonn.
Your old account had a note showing it was banned in 2008 but had no reasons specified, so I unbanned the account for you. Please use your original account from now on & I'll close the temp account you just made. Thanks.

•••
Alright, time for an update! Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone on the bug situation. I've had very little sleep for the past week while testing the import process over and over again, so I needed a little rest.

I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but Eric has forwarded me some of the more serious bugs. So far we've fixed:
  • Intermittent database errors. Our internal network DNS server was being a bit troublesome; every so often it would "forget" that any database servers existed. Fortunately, this was easy to work around once we determined the source of the problem.
  • Trade reviews. The new software stores trade reviews very differently from the old software. In the process of importing, trade reviews were reversed: any reviews left by a member became their own reviews. This was a problem caught early in testing and originally resolved; somehow it found its way back into our final import application.
  • Internal image proxying. We're now proxying images so that users of older browsers don't receive HTTPS warnings--plus, it adds some security. This caused problems when we tried to proxy images on our own site that needed to update frequently. We've added an exception for images from namepros.com, which will no longer be proxied.

•••
Great Job and I like the new style very much.

BUT, I DO hope the Trader Score Could back as before to display under each members avatar. Hope Paul could find way to work

•••
Just fixed trade reviews pagination and restored comment text.

Great Job and I like the new style very much.

BUT, I DO hope the Trader Score Could back as before to display under each members avatar. Hope Paul could find way to work

If you click a user's name, their trade score will appear in the info overlay. For example, your says: "Trade Score: 235.00 Satisfaction: 100%"

•••
The "Share This Page" box, when you use the tweet button the Share a link is missing the '.' dot between www and namepros.

•••
Just a note: we still have rep; it's just called "points" now. Previously:
  • 1 like = +1 rep
  • 1 thanks = +1 rep
  • 1 dislike = -2 rep
I believe we've changed dislikes such that 1 dislike has no effect on rep/points, but otherwise the new system is functionally the same. There used to be an additional rep button where it was possible to vote on rep without thanking/liking/disliking a post. We've done away with that button since it was a bit redundant, but the reputation concept itself is still present.

I am aware that there may have been some issues with the like/dislike/thanks/rep importer. I haven't looked into it yet, but it was a rather complex import process, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were a slight error. We'll run some more tests and get any bugs worked out shortly.

Last edited:
•••
The "Share This Page" box, when you use the tweet button the Share a link is missing the '.' dot between www and namepros.

It's working fine for me. Could I bother you for a screenshot so I know where to look?

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back