Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

The New NamePros, Reported Issues

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
9
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
i do agree the logo was a big part of the frontpage when you first logged, that is a minus not to be there anymore
 
1
•••
1
•••
Eric. Which forum software are you now using?
Xenforo

since the upgrade i can log into my old account but it says i am banned and then i can't log out. i had to create a new account and use another browser to post this. my old username is jasonn.
Your old account had a note showing it was banned in 2008 but had no reasons specified, so I unbanned the account for you. Please use your original account from now on & I'll close the temp account you just made. Thanks.
 
1
•••
Alright, time for an update! Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone on the bug situation. I've had very little sleep for the past week while testing the import process over and over again, so I needed a little rest.

I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but Eric has forwarded me some of the more serious bugs. So far we've fixed:
  • Intermittent database errors. Our internal network DNS server was being a bit troublesome; every so often it would "forget" that any database servers existed. Fortunately, this was easy to work around once we determined the source of the problem.
  • Trade reviews. The new software stores trade reviews very differently from the old software. In the process of importing, trade reviews were reversed: any reviews left by a member became their own reviews. This was a problem caught early in testing and originally resolved; somehow it found its way back into our final import application.
  • Internal image proxying. We're now proxying images so that users of older browsers don't receive HTTPS warnings--plus, it adds some security. This caused problems when we tried to proxy images on our own site that needed to update frequently. We've added an exception for images from namepros.com, which will no longer be proxied.
 
1
•••
Great Job and I like the new style very much.

BUT, I DO hope the Trader Score Could back as before to display under each members avatar. Hope Paul could find way to work
 
2
•••
Just fixed trade reviews pagination and restored comment text.

Great Job and I like the new style very much.

BUT, I DO hope the Trader Score Could back as before to display under each members avatar. Hope Paul could find way to work

If you click a user's name, their trade score will appear in the info overlay. For example, your says: "Trade Score: 235.00 Satisfaction: 100%"
 
2
•••
The "Share This Page" box, when you use the tweet button the Share a link is missing the '.' dot between www and namepros.
 
1
•••
Just a note: we still have rep; it's just called "points" now. Previously:
  • 1 like = +1 rep
  • 1 thanks = +1 rep
  • 1 dislike = -2 rep
I believe we've changed dislikes such that 1 dislike has no effect on rep/points, but otherwise the new system is functionally the same. There used to be an additional rep button where it was possible to vote on rep without thanking/liking/disliking a post. We've done away with that button since it was a bit redundant, but the reputation concept itself is still present.

I am aware that there may have been some issues with the like/dislike/thanks/rep importer. I haven't looked into it yet, but it was a rather complex import process, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were a slight error. We'll run some more tests and get any bugs worked out shortly.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
The "Share This Page" box, when you use the tweet button the Share a link is missing the '.' dot between www and namepros.

It's working fine for me. Could I bother you for a screenshot so I know where to look?
 
1
•••
1
•••
Here's what comes up for me when clicking the #50 link under your post:

Code:
The New NamePros -- Report Issues Here | Page 3 | NamePros https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-new-namepros-report-issues-here.823483/page-3#post-4643737 via @NamePros
 
1
•••
Here's what comes up for me when clicking the #50 link under your post:

Code:
The New NamePros -- Report Issues Here | Page 3 | NamePros https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-new-namepros-report-issues-here.823483/page-3#post-4643737 via @NamePros

That's what was copy directly from via Twitter popup box. https://wwwnamepros.com/
where the https://www & namepros.com/ the "." is missing. on the front page.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
That's what was copy directly from via Twitter popup box. https://wwwnamepros.com/
where the https://www & namepros.com/ the "." is missing. on the front page.
I'm still not sure where you see that. It's working fine for me, even if I tweet it and click the link in the tweet.
 
1
•••
I'm still not sure where you see that. It's working fine for me, even if I tweet it and click the link in the tweet.
It's on the main page of name pros in the Share This Page box.
 
1
•••
First of all - great job! Big improvement, especially on mobile.

The first thing i noticed however is that the logo isnt displaying in the site's heather..
 
1
•••
Update: Likes/thanks/dislikes/rep have been properly imported.

First of all - great job! Big improvement, especially on mobile.

The first thing i noticed however is that the logo isnt displaying in the site's heather..

There's a new, much more minimalistic logo that should be visible in the top left.
 
1
•••
3
•••
Yep, it shows again. It's B-E-A-utiful!
 
2
•••
Is there a scratch pad around anywhere?

Also where can I set it so that I have more posts per page?
 
1
•••
Hi..the new site looks great! CONGRATS!!!!

In my account though my trade reviews decreased from more than 10 to 4 can you fix it? It also seems I have a ridiculous amount of alerts every 5 minutes..lol

I am not sure I understand the " points " thing now...sorry. Is there an updated FAQ somewhere?
 
2
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back