NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Shows how awful this market continues to be, forget about these close to reg fee names folks, it is only making the registrars money.

I was wondering how come we did not get your monthly whine yet.

See ya in June. :music:

(on a serious note, I dare anyone to find just 1 positive thing snoop has ever written in any thread of NP......:zzz:)

•••
Be careful about the things you ask for.

;)

•••
I was wondering how come we did not get your monthly whine yet.

See ya in June. :music:

This is coming from the man who told us the LLLL.com would soon reach several hundred dollar right as the market was starting to collapse, $10,000 /26 = $384 anyone?

http://www.namepros.com/short-domai...will-price-january-2009-llll.html#post2670839

I won't mention all the other times you have arguments with me and been sadly wrong, (like you all your denial routine as the low quality LLLL.com market fell for months and months eventually reaching zero). Yes all those predictions of doom were unwarranted and just whining. Indeed when the market did completely collapse your new argument was that it was my fault! :-/

(on a serious note, I dare anyone to find just 1 positive thing snoop has ever written in any thread of NP......:zzz:)

http://www.namepros.com/dot-tv/645626-the-cleaning-up-of-toxic-wasteland.html#post3764633

Last edited:
•••

I dont think we can ever find ONE sensible thing written by him!! :lol:

•••
This is coming from the man who told us the LLLL.com would soon reach several hundred dollar right as the market was starting to collapse, $10,000 /26 = $384 anyone?

http://www.namepros.com/short-domai...will-price-january-2009-llll.html#post2670839

I won't mention all the other times you have arguments with me and been sadly wrong, (like you all your denial routine as the low quality LLLL.com market fell for months and months eventually reaching zero). Yes all those predictions of doom were unwarranted and just whining. Indeed when the market did completely collapse your new argument was that it was my fault! :-/

http://www.namepros.com/dot-tv/645626-the-cleaning-up-of-toxic-wasteland.html#post3764633

Gee snoop get over yourself - you was right well done - but you also get it wrong sometimes. Why continue to beat it to death - Ian puts some nice clear analytics together and we can all see what that means in terms of value but all you can do is say how dire the market is for the 100th time. Hats off to you, you got this one right, take a bow - now can we move on, or is your ego to big for that.

•••
I would rep you for this but it says I'm to fond of you. Snoop go buy some LLLL's. I have been buying them now for 3 years and I'm still turning profits. I have lost $200-$300 on lower quality names early on, but I just sold 2 double premiums last week for $400 each.

Gee snoop get over yourself - you was right well done - but you also get it wrong sometimes. Why continue to beat it to death - Ian puts some nice clear analytics together and we can all see what that means in terms of value but all you can do is say how dire the market is for the 100th time. Hats off to you, you got this one right, take a bow - now can we move on, or is your ego to big for that.

•••
•••
for discussion, does DRYR sounds like a dryer or Doctor YR or something? any value to it? quick insight from everyone on here please :)

Thanks, J

•••
dryer, first thought that came to mind.

•••

:'(

"Mind you, but with LLL.com already going for minimun $10,000..."

Since that claim, we just had a bit of GFC and funny (not) to see you only highlight the part about LLLL.com but what about the minimum price of ANY LLL.com? It was $10,000 then, what is now?

Now, go ahead telling me the difference in % decrease...and I will tell you that's normal, just like when we go up, cheaper assets achieve bigger % increase, similar to penny stocks versus blue chips.

•••
Not sure if anyone noticed, but LLLL.com was auctioned off today on Latonas.com and was sold with 1 bid coming in at the reserve (starting bid) of $12,500. It will be interesting to see who the buyer is and whether they have any plans for it.

•••
Hopefully it finds an end user that can make it work.

I had considered buying it @ SEDO auction in the past, then again when Reece put it up for sale. At the end of the day I could not justify it as I would have no real plan for it.

Brad

Not sure if anyone noticed, but LLLL.com was auctioned off today on Latonas.com and was sold with 1 bid coming in at the reserve (starting bid) of $12,500. It will be interesting to see who the buyer is and whether they have any plans for it.

•••
Snoop go buy some LLLL's.

How would that make any sense? If you can make a profit great but clearly most are racking up losses.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Since that claim, we just had a bit of GFC and funny (not) to see you only highlight the part about LLLL.com but what about the minimum price of ANY LLL.com? It was $10,000 then, what is now?

Now, go ahead telling me the difference in % decrease...and I will tell you that's normal, just like when we go up, cheaper assets achieve bigger % increase, similar to penny stocks versus blue chips.

Firstly why pretend I have been positive on LLL.com when I haven't? You should know how negative I have been on LLL.com that given I was posting in the same threads and arguing with you about it. I started telling people the LLL.com market was highly inflated in May 2008 so not sure what your point is. At the same time you were trying to pump prime that market aswell.

Example:

I have some and am trying to ge tmore before they are even more expensive.

http://www.namepros.com/short-domain-discussion/474435-lll-com-owners-how-do-you.html

Secondly why are you still claiming the minimum was $10,000 when it never was? We've had that debate before.

Whilst you'd like think these market crashed simply because of the GFC there is far more to it than that. The domain market start falling in Jan 2008, that is right when the LLLL.com and LLL.com market started to go crazy and it sewed the seeds of a very large crash. In short both market were bubbles.

•••

so its 4.5k profit for old owner :)

•••
so its 4.5k profit for old owner :)

$7,900 is what Reece paid for it along time ago, it was since resold, I think for around $12,000 last year. I'm guessing the owner has a small loss @$12,500.

•••
$7,900 is what Reece paid for it along time ago, it was since resold, I think for around $12,000 last year. I'm guessing the owner has a small loss @$12,500.
i thought reece is the current owner and selling.

if it sold 12k last year now may be loss for current owner after deducting % brokerage :D and time ;)

•••
i thought reece is the current owner and selling.

if it sold 12k last year now may be loss for current owner after deducting % brokerage :D and time ;)

I'm personally surprised it got what I did, I'm not sure the name has any clear business model behind it to justify the price. As a blog it is not going to make much and the sales platform was tried and never worked out so in all a small loss is a pretty good outcome I think.

•••
LLLL.com sales platform, a realistic one could do well at the domain name: LLLL.com tbh IMHO

•••
Firstly why pretend I have been positive on LLL.com when I haven't? You should know how negative I have been on LLL.com that given I was posting in the same threads and arguing with you about it.

Noooo...really?? You negative?? Wow....I did not notice that...

At the same time you were trying to pump prime that market aswell.

Oh dear.

Now I am a pumper too. Fine.

Guys, please shut this thread, make him happy. Oh and the LLL.com one too.

Secondly why are you still claiming the minimum was $10,000 when it never was? We've had that debate before.

Yep...I know, you kept searching for one or two once in a year bargain price to justify that what I was writing was incorrect.

Just like now you justify that the US real estate market is rubbish using as example which city? Detroit. Great.

The domain market start falling in Jan 2008, that is right when the LLLL.com and LLL.com market started to go crazy and it sewed the seeds of a very large crash. In short both market were bubbles.

The oil market is a bubble, the gold market is a bubble, the domain market is a bubble, everything is a bubble.....no wait.....Australia Real Estate is not a bubble..... (WHATEVER :sick:)

•••
There clearly is a bubble aspect in domaining, including LLL/LLLL niches. Bubbles exist in other industries too, but in domaining there is a huge gap between investor wishes and the reality of the market.

•••
Yep...I know, you kept searching for one or two once in a year bargain price to justify that what I was writing was incorrect.

You must have a short memory because last time you admitted you were wrong on this statement,

My bad, you`re right: we are not yet there.

http://www.namepros.com/430782-what-will-price-january-2009-llll-2.html

There was lots of sales below $10,000 at the peak, it peaked at around $7500. The only person claiming it was $10,000 was you, and you stated back then it would soon reach $12,000. Much like you predicted LLLL.com would soon be $300+ minimum.

Then months after the market started crashing you decided to warn "noobs" of a "market correction",

http://www.namepros.com/short-domain-discussion/490450-for-the-noobs-market-correction.html

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Guys, please shut this thread, make him happy.

Given you didn't have luck with "find snoops spelling mistakes" strategy this may be your best hope.

•••
You must have a short memory because last time you admitted you were wrong on this statement,

http://www.namepros.com/430782-what-will-price-january-2009-llll-2.html

There was lots of sales below $10,000 at the peak, it peaked at around $7500. The only person claiming it was $10,000 was you, and you stated back then it would soon reach $12,000. Much like you predicted LLLL.com would soon be $300+ minimum.

Then months after the market started crashing you decided to warn "noobs" of a "market correction",

http://www.namepros.com/short-domain-discussion/490450-for-the-noobs-market-correction.html

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Given you didn't have luck with "find snoops spelling mistakes" strategy this may be your best hope.

Seriously Snoop I think you are compensating for something. Not only are you beating this to death, I think you are beating something else to death aswell:tri:
We all make mistakes even you! but we dont all find the need to bash it every month. (Remember your prediction in beginning of 2008 that LLL.coms will rise - remember selling jjj(.)com for 16K for someone to flip for 48K in a matter of a few months). In life we aim to get the majority of our calls right. Great you got this one right but that doesn't give you the right to bash those on the other side of the fence forever. You clearly get off on it, entertaining but a little egotistic dont you think.

Last edited:
•••
Seriously Snoop I think you are compensating for something. Not only are you beating this to death, I think you are beating something else to death aswell:tri:
We all make mistakes even you! but we dont all find the need to bash it every month. (Remember your prediction in beginning of 2008 that LLL.coms will rise - remember selling jjj(.)com for 16K for someone to flip for 48K in a matter of a few months). In life we aim to get the majority of our calls right. Great you got this one right but that doesn't give you the right to bash those on the other side of the fence forever. You clearly get off on it, entertaining but a little egotistic dont you think. Get over yourself.

The issue from my perspective is that he still carries making the same claims that have been proven wrong in the past, even claims that he has previously admitted were wrong (like the LLL.com 10k stuff).

Regarding LLL.com's they contuined rising for 6 months after I made that statement. Personally I sold mine mainly in early-mid 2008 and told others to follow suit whilst I was selling mine.

•••
The issue from my perspective is that he still carries making the same claims that have been proven wrong in the past, even claims that he has previously admitted were wrong (like the LLL.com 10k stuff).

I understand that but why not just let it go - every man and his dog knows your position on this and most agree with your previous analysis, some belatedly, but why keep given people a hard time when they made an error in judgement. Most people only find the need to highlight it once but you just keep wanting to keep it going for all its worth. Gets to the point of being destructive. I spoke out against LLLL.coms before the crash in a long debate with reece but never felt the need to raise it again - in fact I signed off hoping they would prove me wrong. You clearly got a lot to offer the domaining community - a hell of alot more if you could be more tactful and constructive. I know I can be criticised for the same before you say it

•••
I understand that but why not just let it go - every man and his dog knows your position on this and most agree with your previous analysis, some belatedly, but why keep given people a hard time when they made an error in judgement. Most people only find the need to highlight it once but you just keep wanting to keep it going for all its worth. Gets to the point of being destructive. I spoke out against LLLL.coms before the crash in a long debate with reece but never felt the need to raise it again - in fact I signed off hoping they would prove me wrong. You clearly got a lot to offer the domaining community - a hell of alot more if you could be more tactful and constructive. I know I can be criticised for the same before you say it

Perhaps look back a dozen or so so posts and see how this started - Italiandragon started arguing with me, not the other way around. I told people I still believe these names are to be avoided at the low end - which is perfectly reasonable and based on continuing sales data show losses for owners.

He replied stating that I was whining and that I'd never said a positive thing on this forum. If he is going to engage me I'm happy to argue back, and if he has negative words for me I am more than happy to point out the countless number of times he has been wrong in the past.

Now some people don't like being reminded about how badly this market continues to perform, but that is life, it is a terrible market to be investing in. I'll keep sporadically reminding people of it, because I hate seeing people waste money on the back of hype. In 12 months time the people buying low quality LLLL.com are unlikely to be any better off than today. The registration fees are a ball and chain for people holding $5 names.

The arguments presented today are the same as there were 2 years ago, it seems for some people the reality of this market still hasn't suck in. Given what has happened how can it be said anyone was too negative on this market?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back