NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i missed nyxd.
nice new york LLLL

•••
Jay08 said:
does that mean, its picking up?? :wave:

not yet, the prices will start rising in January, not now.

•••
vlad74 said:

hmm looking forward to it, buy all you want now !!

•••
I putting together my llll.com folio for sale on http://idam.com

Kinda hard to find out what names I own because I don't keep track of sales and have like 5 accounts per registrar >.<

I should have around 50 LLLL.coms atm.. Just started a spreadsheet to keep track of em hehe..

•••
vlad74 said:

Are they still selling these.....I need one bad. :laugh:

ball.jpg

•••
MicroGuy said:

ball.jpg

:)

I would rather recommend statistics on expected number of dropping names in December and January.

If we ask nicely, maybe Andrey (Ergo) will provide some data...

As I understand, all names which were regged at TDNAM during the buyout and which were dropped, are already gone. Not a single one went to free registration, each single one was sold at TDNAM for at least $4+regfee (majority of course at much higher prices). Now TDNAM prices will pick up, bit for general market we need that other potential drops be taken away, and it shall be accomplished by January

Last edited:
•••
dec08-drops.gif

So far December drops rate is similar to November drops rate. And If nothing extraordinary happens there will be around 1400 drops in December.
I think we will see around 1400-1700 drops in January (increase due to buyout drops) and already 700-900 drops in February IMHO

•••
vlad74 said:

You heard it here first folks, prices "will start rising in January", drain whatever is left from your banks accounts and get in on those $3 specials. Even though vlad74 has been telling people to buy right from the top of the peak down he is right this time!

Here is what Vlad has been telling us since the peak in February

vlad74 In February 2008 said:
Anyway, I go for LLLL.com. They are still very low priced now (in the terms of their prices in one year) imho, and I continue to build up my positions in them. There are different views, if premium or nonpremium shall be taken. I tell you - take both. Take the ones you like, do not listen to others. Listen to your intuition.

vlad74 in May 2008 said:
Looks like the prices for LLLL.com are on the rise again. Probably on the strong rise. Lets see to what new levels will it lead us soon :kickass:

vlad74 in July 2008 said:
Buy low, sell high.

May be we all shall help him bash the market, buy the best ones in August before the rise of prices will start again in September, and make 1000x return in 7 years. :hehe:

vlad74 In August 2008 said:
Well, if Reece is starting buying LLLL.com (check his thread in Domains Wanted section) it basically means that we reached the bottom.

However, do not be overoptimistic (if you own LLLL.com) or overpessimistic (it you were going to grab some for 20 bucks), I think the current $20 bottom (I assume everything below will be vacuumed by Reece and Johnny) will prevail until the end of the month and rise slowly into september - october.

With stable $20 price for LLLL.com expiring soon people will not be dropping the names, they will be selling them for $20 or extending registration for one more year (or mixture of both). Thus, this fact will ruin the "october drop" theory and will push the market prices up already in October (may be to $30?).

In September 2008 - note also how the world's economic problems are supposedly good for gold and you guessed it.....LLLL.com

vlad74 in September 2008 said:
Basically it means that the owners of LLLL.com are not planning droping their LLLL.com in October-November this year. Thus, there will be no excess supply and we may expect steady growth toward the end of the year. In January prices probably will rise sharply due to more domainers seeing the supply is decreasing.

Also, further uncertainty on the world markets and strongly rising inflation (can you imagine the effect of pumping 700,000,000,000 dollars into the system?????) will push up the prices of gold and short (3-4 letter) domains.

vlad74 in October 2008 said:
I think quads will rise strongly in the next months, as people start investing in quality short names again.

After potential rise in quads and other quality domains for the next months, we will see also the rise in ordinary LLLL.com, starting probably by end of December or beginning of January.

So after 10 months of Vlad being completely wrong we should listen now?

•••
thanks for the graph, Andrei

I think the prices will start rising already in January because domainers are clever people and understand what means the drastic decrease in drops in February.

With regard to Snoop comments, if there were no Lehman banckrupcy in September, which no one expected, there would be no such lows as we saw last few months (in stocks, domains, etc). We would be at $20 levels instead of $2 levels for LLLL.com and AIG. The situation is changing now and we will move up again. Or probably I am wrong, snoop is right, and we will move down to -10$, i,e, we will pay that someone will take our domains away from us :)

I was always talking that there will be price rise in January, snoop you can easily find it.

BTW, thanks for listing all my comments, you did a great job :great:

Snoop, the only thing I do not understand, why you do not understand the role of the gold in the economy? Do you think gold will fall in price? it was and will be always the stable asset during economic crisises. It has not fallen now compared to oil, metals, stocks, etc. May be you should spend some time studying information on www.kitco.com?

Last edited:
•••
vlad74 said:
BTW, thanks for listing all my comments, you did a great job :great:

Rep'd!!
Just cuz you took above comments in +ve manner Vladimir and you know +ve attitude always help in winning everywhere.. :great:

snoop said:
So after 10 months of Vlad being completely wrong we should listen now?

Snoopy, at least he is talking, of course keeping it high spirited & positive unlike most of us just sitting there waiting for the market price of LLLL.com to go up. :rolleyes:

•••
•••
I thought you already had one. Aren't you predicting a massive amount of drops of LLLL's and that they will be available for hand registration next summer :)
MicroGuy said:

ball.jpg

•••
Today @NameJet

gzsn.com $71
wcoc.com $422

•••
Jay08 said:
:hehe: me too. Don't let that boob bother you. :p

LLLL.com sales (eBay) so far today:

YNNQ $22.40
YNEQ $15.50
YNAQ $15.50
YNQU $10.50
LQZU $10.50
MKZI $20.90
HZQO $9.00
YJWT $10.49
YIZF $11.52
LLJQ $18.50
TQSW $20.50
YXKH $15.50
XGGE $20.50
TIWQ $20.00

These end later, will fill them in..

NRYF $
QZML $
FRXH $

+

•••
Jay08 said:
Snoopy, at least he is talking, of course keeping it high spirited & positive unlike most of us just sitting there waiting for the market price of LLLL.com to go up. :rolleyes:

Jay. That isn't a good thing. The people who have followed his and the other LLLL.com cheerleaders advice would have lost most of their money by now.

•••
snoop said:
Jay. That isn't a good thing. The people who have followed his and the other LLLL.com cheerleaders advice would have lost most of their money by now.

If they were noobs, they were ought to.. if experienced, they would have kept their inventory intact.. and on top of all this who was even asking them to sell during market low down?

What he did was just gave an advise of buying LLLL.com's and whne the price is right sell for $xx, $xxx profit or more..

Oh & people buying more LLLL.com's is definitely helping in achieving our goal of LLLL.com buyout as we did sometime earlier this year in Feb!!

Snoopy, IMO.. Dont Hate, Just Participate!! (and if you cant participate let others do their thang instead of criticizing/discouraging them or their posts)

And If you are here just for the sake of an argument or to prove your point, Point taken! I'm not gonna argue with you on this anyways :)

Oh word: Good luck to all the LLLL.com investor's and I'm sure we'll see 'em high up rising n shining soon :sold:

•••
Jay08 said:
What he did was just gave an advise of buying LLLL.com's and whne the price is right sell for $xx, $xxx profit or more..

Oh & people buying more LLLL.com's is definitely helping in achieving our goal of LLLL.com buyout as we did sometime earlier this year in Feb!!

It was a bit more than that, he and others have been constantly telling people the market is going up, rebounding, has hit rock bottom. Now that the market has fallen 75%-95% it still goes on, and the back patting continues.

Last edited:
•••
snoop said:
It was a bit more than that, he and others have been constantly telling people the market is going up, rebounding, has hit rock bottom. Now that the market has fallen 75%-95% it still goes on, and the back patting continues.
Snoop, in two months time - say, mid-February - do you think LLLL.com prices will be above, below, or the same as they are now?

•••
snoop said:
We are all back-patting because, unlike you, we want this niche to succeed. None of us are debating with you whether or not the market has went down. We don't need you to be Mr. Obvious every time there is a $3 sale. We are all in this market together. I'm not for sure what you gain by being Debbie Downer every week. We come to this forum to talk strategy and to talk about sales whether they are low OR high. We understand that the domain market has tanked overall. There is only one direction that it can go now. So when we pat each other on the back for buying a name for $15 and selling it for $30, you should sit back and be glad that your domain names are gaining value as well, rather than sit there on the sidelines and be a naysayer when someone drops the ball every 5 plays.

We appreciate your data input...............just not your bashing.

•••
krx said:
Snoop, in two months time - say, mid-February - do you think LLLL.com prices will be above, below, or the same as they are now?

No idea. Generally though I don't think people will make money in these names for a long time due to the continual erosion of reg fees. Prices need to rise by 70 cents per month just for people to stay even.

FantasyCombine said:
We are all back-patting because, unlike you, we want this niche to succeed. None of us are debating with you whether or not the market has went down. We don't need you to be Mr. Obvious every time there is a $3 sale. We are all in this market together. I'm not for sure what you gain by being Debbie Downer every week.

I'm not a salesman, which is why I have nothing to gain by talking down the market, unlike others who do have something to gain by talking it up. My aim is to give people advice they may help them keep their money rather than lose it most of it.

FantasyCombine said:
There is only one direction that it can go now.

Sorry but from now on people are either going to make money or lose money. Foolish to think things can only go one way.

FantasyCombine said:
So when we pat each other on the back for buying a name for $15 and selling it for $30, you should sit back and be glad that your domain names are gaining value as well, rather than sit there on the sidelines and be a naysayer when someone drops the ball every 5 plays.

We appreciate your data input...............just not your bashing.

The ball isn't being dropped "every five plays", it is being dropped "every play". These names have been losing value for 10 months to the point where most of the value has now been wiped out.

•••
krx asked about LLLL.com prices in general, I don't see anything referred in particular to the low end LLLL.com's. A lot of these names sell everyday for prices above $200 (I just sold 2 this week at SEDO above $300 and another one to a end user for $250, a triple premium). I don't think the "erosion of reg fees" is relevant for these domains.

snoop said:
No idea. Generally though I don't think people will make money in these names for a long time due to the continual erosion of reg fees. Prices need to rise by 70 cents per month just for people to stay even.

•••
mibworld said:
krx asked about LLLL.com prices in general, I don't see anything referred in particular to the low end LLLL.com's. A lot of these names sell everyday for prices above $200 (I just sold 2 this week at SEDO above $300 and another one to a end user for $250, a triple premium). I don't think the "erosion of reg fees" is relevant for these domains.

Tha vast majority of the market is low priced domains. Not much point talking about low probability enduser sales either, we all get them but they don't reflect what is happening to values.

•••
snoop said:
Tha vast majority of the market is low priced domains. Not much point talking about low probability enduser sales either, we all get them but they don't reflect what is happening to values.

NNNR.com wasn't really an end user sale, however bagged me $620+ paypal fee in NP Live Auction.. So you cant really say they've been declining. Obviously, ppl wont pay high price for names with bad words Q X W Z etc etc or senseless ones..

Prices are low definitely but they havnt hit rock bottom either.. highs & lows are part & trend of the every market but I have noticed that you've a habit of criticizing and arguing about every other aspect. Beating around the bush for no reason whatsoever.. No wonder you have Posts: 2,455 to your name.

Oh well, I still like it.. gets the best out of the situation!! way to go Snoopy lol

•••
On the contrary, the biggest part of the market, in terms of value, is made up of high priced domains. As to end user sales, they may not be important to you, because you are not an LLLL investor, but they surely are important to me and to many other members of this forum. They are important also because they contribute to absorb the “reg fees erosion” that worries you so much (I can cover the renewal of more than 30 names with my single end user sale of this week).

It’s funny that I don’t see many domainers complaining about their losses, but you seem to be obsessed about them. You were asked for your opinion on the price level, and I don’t see what that has to do with the losses or profits of domainers at that hypothetical level.

snoop said:

•••
mibworld said:
On the contrary, the biggest part of the market, in terms of value, is made up of high priced domains.

You are twisting things around here but I actually agree with you. Most of the *value* is made up of high quality names, because the vast majority of the stock in the market is low quality names worth very little. It is a bit like saying 90% of the value in the domain market is from 10% of the names, probably true for 4 letter domains as well.

mibworld said:
As to end user sales, they may not be important to you, because you are not an LLLL investor, but they surely are important to me and to many other members of this forum. They are important also because they contribute to absorb the “reg fees erosion” that worries you so much (I can cover the renewal of more than 30 names with my single end user sale of this week).

I didn't say enduser sales aren't important, I simply said they don't represent market value because the probability of getting an enduser sale for a LLLL.com (or any domain) is low.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back