NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
snoop said:
No idea. Generally though I don't think people will make money in these names for a long time due to the continual erosion of reg fees. Prices need to rise by 70 cents per month just for people to stay even.
I asked because I have not heard you dispute what seems to be a growing consenus that the LLLL.com market is trending gradually upward (and gradual is what we want here). There are reasons why this is happening and why it should continue - the buyout holding was an important one. Drops should start to decrease. By mid-Feb, a new president will be in office. The shock of the recession will hopefully be over (not the recession itself, of course, but the recent panic we've seen that was induced by the recognition/emergence of it). Money will still be tight but perhaps not as tight as it is now. New jobs programs to put millions of Americans back to work that are now being discussed by the presiedent-elect will probably be unveiled. Etc. All of which could contribute to renewed hope/confidence/optimism and help markets - including the LLLL.com market - begin to recover.

I know it's possible but I haven't heard any analysis of how/why the LLLL.com market might reverse course now and start to stagnate or even lose value. So it's not just spin or salesmanship. There are better reasons to bet (yes, bet) that the LLLL market will improve then that it will plateau or backtrack. If you just focus on the situation we are in now, some prudent investment in this market may make both dollars AND sense.

At .70 cents/month erosion, over 2 months, a $2 increase between now and Feb will put today's investor in the black.

•••
Oh, this old argument. End User sales happen. But can everyone make them happen? Probably not. It takes a combination of having domains someone would want, and being able to find the potential end users.

How many domains have you seen me sell on domaining forums? There is no point really selling domains to domainers. That is a last option.

Because when you have domains that have potential end users, and then go out and find those end users then it is very lucrative.

Please don't act like end user sales don't exist just because you don't have any.

Brad

snoop said:
I didn't say enduser sales aren't important, I simply said they don't represent market value because the probability of getting an enduser sale for a LLLL.com (or any domain) is low.

•••
I was gonna spout but things are going alright in this niche so I think I will hold off. Here are the rest of the eBay sales from earlier..

These end later, will fill them in..

NRYF $20.49
QZML $8.50 (expires in 17 days)
FRXH $22.50

+

•••
krx said:
I asked because I have not heard you dispute what seems to be a growing consenus that the LLLL.com market is trending gradually upward (and gradual is what we want here).

Haven't I just spent the last half dozen posts disputing it? The "consensus" as always is from those who hold a lot of these names and as I just pointed out some people have been claiming constantly that the market is "improving" "bottomed out" etc for 10 months.

krx said:
I know it's possible but I haven't heard any analysis of how/why the LLLL.com market might reverse course now and start to stagnate or even lose value.

My lord, that is deep denial.

•••
snoop said:
The "consensus" as always is from those who hold a lot of these names and as I just pointed out some people have been claiming constantly that the market is "improving" "bottomed out" etc for 10 months.
Exaggerations. Vague comments in attempt to support an argument.

Show us ONE person who, over the course of the past ten months, has been claiming constantly that the market is improving. Come on just ONE. I figure a couple comments by this person per month will suffice... 24 in all... or if you get too tired looking you can just make it in that ballpark area.

Come on guys jump in here, I really don't want to get started again lol

Snoop, I'd also like to know of any one person you can find that has been claiming for 10 straight months (again, at least 1-2 comments/month will do) that the market has bottomed-out.

•••
•••
snoop said:
Sorry, not even CLOSE.

He's just not worth it guys. He tries 100X harder to downplay this niche than we do pumping it up. All we do is post Real sales stats (we don't go hunting for just the highest sale we can find) and talk about stabilization or slight gains here or there, maybe we'll post one of our enduser or live auction sales sometimes - all normal stuff that is not "trying to pump this market up". All he does is try his damndest to find the absolute lowest sales or most negative things he can find. It's all negative. Negative this negative that. Did I mention the word negative? I'm positive I did. (See look Snoop, that wasn't so hard being positive... I just did it. Climb out of that darkness and give it a try).

Anyway, all this coming from someone who has little to no experience within these dealings yet babbles along like he knows it all. Sorry, but has anyone seen him ever bid on or sell these names? These names of which he always speaks about with absolute certainty? Does he own any of these types of names at all? Does he do anything more than scour the biggest auction sites in hopes to find the smallest sale possible so that he can purvey-upon us his most magnificent wisdom and insight within this niche? I'd just as soon take LLLL advice from George W. than this jabbernowl.

Sorry but I think people need to get down and dirty -- get directly involved in the particular topic -- before they spout-off about the subject with the attitude that their schtick is absolute.

•••
snoop said:
Haven't I just spent the last half dozen posts disputing it?.
No, you have not. I mean actual analysis and reasoning not just your personal opinion. What are your reasons for disputing the current upward trend?

snoop said:
My lord, that is deep denial.
I'm still waiting to hear something intelligent here...

•••
Nem0 said:
I'd just as soon take LLLL advice from George W. than this jabbernowl.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

•••
Nem0 said:
It's all negative. Negative this negative that. Did I mention the word negative? I'm positive I did. (See look Snoop, that wasn't so hard being positive... I just did it. Climb out of that darkness and give it a try).

Anyway, all this coming from someone who has little to no experience within these dealings yet babbles along like he knows it all. Sorry, but has anyone seen him ever bid on or sell these names? These names of which he always speaks about with absolute certainty?

I've been negative on these names since February, so why would you expect me to be out there bidding on them? That would not be logical.

It is funny how people comment on my negativity on these names as though it is something bad, the direction of the 4 letter market has been...you guessed it...."negative" for 9 months. In February I predicted they'd falling to $15 and they have reached $3, so if anything, I'd say I wasn't negative enough.

Nem0 said:
I'd just as soon take LLLL advice from George W. than this jabbernowl.

The reality is, if LLLL.com domainers had taken my advice and sold out they'd be far better off today.

•••
Yeah, the problem is you have been TOO positive :)

What we need is just that extra bit of negativity from you. I know it might be hard, but with hard work and giving 110% and you might be able to do it.

Brad

snoop said:
In February I predicted they'd falling to $15 and they have reached $3, so if anything, I'd say I wasn't negative enough.

•••
snoop said:
The reality is, if LLLL.com domainers had taken my advice and sold out they'd be far better off today.
No, the reality is, if I would have sold out when you started your "sell sell sell" rant. I wouldn't be in negotiations right now with a million dollar company wanting one of my triple premiums. If I would have followed your advice 2 months ago, I wouldn't be expecting a $X,XXX payment this month neither.

•••
snoop said:
I've been negative on these names since February, so why would you expect me to be out there bidding on them? That would not be logical.

It is funny how people comment on my negativity on these names as though it is something bad, the direction of the 4 letter market has been...you guessed it...."negative" for 9 months. In February I predicted they'd falling to $15 and they have reached $3, so if anything, I'd say I wasn't negative enough.

Read my post again, slowly. Now get in the trenches and buy/sell/sweat and piss out some of these names then get back to us. Until then you and your comments are moot.

As far as saying us domainers would be better off today if we took your advice? TODAY doesn't matter when most people are still holding their names! Besides, there have been MANY of us who have been successful all year buying and selling these names... PLENTY of us who are and have been doing just fine with them. I for one am way up.

Thanks though.

FantasyCombine said:
No, the reality is, if I would have sold out when you started your "sell sell sell" rant. I wouldn't be in negotiations right now with a million dollar company wanting one of my triple premiums. If I would have followed your advice 2 months ago, I wouldn't be expecting a $X,XXX payment this month neither.
Way to go FC, let us know how you did when all is said and done :)

•••
Nem0 said:
As far as saying us domainers would be better off today if we took your advice? TODAY doesn't matter when most people are still holding their names!

Not taking the loss doesn't mean it does not exist. Some people have no doubt made money but it is the minority, that is how it works in a falling market. Overall people lose.

•••
bmugford said:
Yeah, the problem is you have been TOO positive :)
Haha Brad, I can't see that happening though. Not unless he gets a frontal lobotomy or I get a bottle in front of me (sorry, read that ol' line somewhere earlier today and decided to employ it heehee)

snoop said:
Not taking the loss doesn't mean it does not exist. Some people have no doubt made money but it is the minority, that is how it works in a falling market. Overall people lose.
How do you know if it's the minority if you have no first-hand dealings in these things?

Go get your hands wet!

snoop said:
the direction of the 4 letter market has been...you guessed it...."negative" for 9 months
And to this point, the whole damn market has been negative for 10 months, but every comment we make or every sentence we write is not about the negativity! That's only you! Please quit. Please go buy a few names at Namejet and resell them at Sedo, or buy a bulk lot of LLLL from a forum thread and resell them individually on eBay or something and really see how things are -- THEN come back and post if something positive or negative comes from it lol. Please go do something!

•••
Nem0 said:
How do you know if it's the minority if you have no first-hand dealings in these things?

Go get your hands wet!

It simply isn't possible for most people to win when a market falls. Think about it, the total value of LLLL.com's has fallen very dramatically, 75%-95%, the loss in value has to go somewhere.

•••
lol

that's all just a 'lol'

hehe

•••
snoop said:

I guess with the losses you are taking on your lll,s you are at least speaking from experience, my guess is your loss on your domains overshadows most in this thread. How ironic.

•••
Nem0 said:
And to this point, the whole damn market has been negative for 10 months, but every comment we make or every sentence we write is not about the negativity! That's only you!

Aside from .mobi I can't say I can think of any other categories of domains that have declined more than LLLL.com's, this isn't just a "follow the rest of the market down thing", it is a bursting of a bubble.

Nem0 said:
Please quit. Please go buy a few names at Namejet and resell them at Sedo, or buy a bulk lot of LLLL from a forum thread and resell them individually on eBay or something and really see how things are -- THEN come back and post if something positive or negative comes from it lol. Please go do something!

Still not sure why people keep telling my I should start buying and selling these domains, why would I do that given I think these are lousy investments?

•••
snoop said:
You don't know what you're talking about. Not taking the loss absolutely does mean it does not exist. You say "values are down" but you can't write that off. That's because it isn't a loss. The loss exists when you take it. And what kind of idiot would sell his stocks or domains when the economy has tanked and almost all markets along with it? You only sell and take the loss if you believe the market will not improve in due time. If someone bought into the LLLL market a year ago and needed or decided to liquidate their portfolio within a year, than that domainer may have incurred a loss. Have you noticed how few LLLL investors have done this? The losses and gains in this market won't be known for years, when current holdings are liquidated.

•••
snoop said:
Aside from .mobi I can't say I can think of any other categories of domains that have declined more than LLLL.com's, this isn't just a "follow the rest of the market down thing", it is a bursting of a bubble.

Still not sure why people keep telling my I should start buying and selling these domains, why would I do that given I think these are lousy investments?
Yes Snoop, we are well aware of the bubble. It wouldn't have been this dramatic of a drop had they not sold out one month before the declared announcement of recession set in.

Oh and, are many others asking that you buy and sell these LLLL names? I haven't noticed anyone but me asking you to.

See, again he side-steps what is called the POINT.

Point being, I am only theoretically asking you to do this because I believe you and your negativity have no place here until you do. I am trying to think of an analogy but am drawing a blank... but you get the gist; no experience = unworthy comments.

Damn this Acai juice ain't working too well tonight.

•••
maxeaus said:
I guess with the losses you are taking on your lll,s you are at least speaking from experience, my guess is your loss on your domains overshadows most in this thread. How ironic.

I actually only have one left, which will likely be sold for around a 5-7k loss I think. I made just over 140k profit on the rest selling them throughout this year (from March to October). The last one I didn't sell quick enough.

•••
snoop said:
The reason they keep telling you that is because they are so baffled by why someone would spend hours typing about a niche he doesn't believe in. It just doesn't make sense. You should be busy bashing the LLL page and not this one. Noone in this LLLL forum is jumping up and down with glee. You are painting a picture that doesn't exist. The people that are dedicated to the LLLL market will make a profit regardless what you say. The ones that bought in February will make a profit if they hold long enough. Some will make more than others, but I would say the majority of the people here will not fall into the black hole that you love to talk about.

krx said:
Have you noticed how few LLLL investors have done this? The losses and gains in this market won't be known for years, when current holdings are liquidated.
Very well said !!

•••
FantasyCombine said:
ou should be busy bashing the LLL page and not this one. Noone in this LLLL forum is jumping up and down with glee. You are painting a picture that doesn't exist. The people that are dedicated to the LLLL market will make a profit regardless what you say. The ones that bought in February will make a profit if they hold long enough. Some will make more than others, but I would say the majority of the people here will not fall into the black hole that you love to talk about.

I've been "bashing" LLL.com for months aswell.

It is just fantasy to say the people who bought in February will make a profit if they hold long enough, right now they have lost almost all their money.

•••
snoop said:
I've been "bashing" LLL.com for months aswell.

It is just fantasy to say the people who bought in February will make a profit if they hold long enough, right now they have lost almost all their money.
How do you know they didn't sell in March or April?

And just because someone bought LLLL in February doesn't mean they paid outrageous prices for them. There were plenty of deals then too, many unseen.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back