Dynadot

"The King is full of it"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No

labrocca said:
Sounds like someone needs to take a computer break. :) :bingo:

No no need for a break and it will still be there after a break. There is no cure for stupid.

•••
Rick S, 'the King' of domains?

(i) He got into .com early - got some good names - and got some pretty ordinary names, as well....Right place, right time - Smart enough to see it - Ballsy enough to go for it, at the time - and, got lucky, too.

(ii) He apparently makes/made a lot of money in the good years from a parking strategy....Good business move, at the time, with what he had, and what options were available....Paid off for him....Keeps him in the cruise suites, and off the 'gotta work for a living' roster.

(iii) He's had some terrific high-price sales - with massive profit....Made possible by the same 'Sales Hype' syndrome, that pisses off so many domainers.

(iv) He was instrumental in starting TRAFFIC - The domain industry needed something like that, at the time....Probably vital for his Attention Deficit condition, too.

(v) He had a blog for awhile....Variable quality. Not Einstein above the shoulders.

(vi) He likes outsize suites on cruise ships....Who cares? But it turns his crank.

(vi) He likes to air his opinions - just like every poster on every Forum, everywhere.....His opinions are good, bad, awful, and plain loopy, in turns.

Is he 'king' of the domain world to me?

Nah....Just a domain player that's done very well financially, and likes to tell us about it....A player who would like to one day be known for picking a new next 'big thing' - and who has an 'interesting' taste in shirts...

...Not the 'king' of anything....Just one of the many 'colourful' characters around the domain traps, is all...

•••
Excellent post DomainTalker you are correct IMO

•••
equity78 said:
DUCK that's fine but doesn't it make sense a lot of people would be sticking to their language ? I think the people who have great IDN's are going to do well, but I understand everyone not being there they are lucky they can pick good names in their own language. And you would have to agree IDN is not easy I have seen many people think they had sexy in Chinese and then someone from CHINA be like "what are you talking about?" There are many mistakes being made by those not into it like you are.

I would strongly suggest that nobody registers any name in their own language or otherwise without at least some statistical analysis to back it up, unless there isn't any available. With Arabic and Hindi we registered hundreds of terms without such a luxury, but we understood the risk and we have weeded out about a third, since statistical data has become available. Risky, but it has paid back in spades. I think working in a foreign language is advantageous in many ways. You tend not to assume you know what you are doing.

•••
•••
•••
Very appropriate. Both very unhealthy, as if you listen too much he will clog up your cashflow arteries with a lot of toxic junk!

Reece said:
Okay, back on topic, I found a crown only suitable for a Domain King:

The Crown of the Domain KING :guilty:

•••
•••
Hey, I wonder how many people attended this conference? And the last one.

And how many will attend the one coming in a few months. And the one the following month.

When TRAFFIC started, I thought it was going to be a once a year event. Boy was I wrong. It seems they got them scheduled one after another, all year long. Why not, at $2,000 a head Rick and his Attorney buddy got to be making a nice little chunk of change.

Maybe we'll see a TRAFFIC Domainer's Informercial on late night TV soon. Following the Secrets to Ageless Beauty hosted by Cher and Little House on the Prairie's Melissa Gilbert.

soggyindo said:
man, this used to be a good thread. isn't there a .mobi vs. IDN discussion somewhere else?

:(
Yeah really. The focus of this thread is to make fun of Rick. Let's not forget that.

LOL :guilty:

•••
Nice Videos..lol
so who is the man behind Angry Domainer, is he a Namepro member?

•••
Hmmm.... gee... I don't know... but he sure sounds like an intelligent, sexy man to me. If I were a single woman, age 18 to 40, currently living within the continental United States, I'd probably contact him and send him messages and videos and stuff.

•••
-db- said:
Hmmm.... gee... I don't know... but he sure sounds like an intelligent, sexy man to me. If I were a single woman, age 18 to 40, currently living within the continental United States, I'd probably contact him and send him messages and videos and stuff.

:lol: you wish -db- :)

•••
-db- said:

Maybe you could dress up and post a video responce. perhaps he will reveal himsef? :xf.love:

•••
Ok deet, that would just be wrong.

And now you're scaring me.

P.S. - Shutup Gazzip, you started this whole thing.

:cy:

•••
18 -40 ? 18 that ship has sailed DB hahaha maybe cougars 35 -60 hahahaha

•••
deet said:
Maybe you could dress up and post a video responce. perhaps he will reveal himsef? :xf.love:

Hmmm, maybe people saw his nipple because he was wearing a low cut dress at the time :o

-db- said:
P.S. - Shutup Gazzip, you started this whole thing.

:p what, when I invented the internet ? :snaphappy:

•••
•••
-db- said:
Hmmm.... gee... I don't know... but he sure sounds like an intelligent, sexy man to me.

He sounds like John Goodman on drugs, but hey, if that's your idea of intelligent and sexy, by all means ;)

•••
He sounds pretty intelligent. atleast hes done some homework.

BTW: Since -db- wont do the video response maybe I can get something together.
gotta see how my camera looks.

•••
-db- said:
The focus of this thread is to make fun of Rick. Let's not forget that.

Should we invite Rick to join as the conference is over ?

•••
Charley said:
Should we invite Rick to join as the conference is over ?

Yes, how would we phrase it?

Do you address him as "Your Divine Majesty"? It is always incredibly important to get the right etiquette and protocols with royalty!

On the other hand who the f*ck needs him anyway? If he cannot soon pump some life into his TRAFFIC auctions, he is soon going to be dead meat anyway.

•••
estibot.com said:
He sounds like John Goodman on drugs, but hey, if that's your idea of intelligent and sexy, by all means ;)

-db- is the angry domainer :lol:

•••
gazzip said:
-db- is the angry domainer :lol:
...db...?????.......

Rubber Duck said:
Do you address him as "Your Divine Majesty"? It is always incredibly important to get the right etiquette and protocols with royalty!

On the other hand who the f*ck needs him anyway? If he cannot soon pump some life into his TRAFFIC auctions, he is soon going to be dead meat anyway

•••
Rick Schwartz is quite a character. First of all, i wondered earlier if any NP members wondered whjy people like Rick aren't on NP, and this thread is basically that wish to discuss it coming true. Its funny too to read what exactly rick says on sites like DJ journal about other "domainers". In some o the Traffic + domainfest type things, i've read him making comments directed at other domainers(whether its what gives domains value, etc), but if he came on a site like NP, he could directly voice those issues and concerns DIRECTLY to domainers. I think rick stays off sites like NP is because he probably feels he'll get "flooded" with attention + convos he might to divulge more, etc. Besides, he does have alot of money and quality domains, so he feels comfortable just existing in his own stratus. It would be nice to see what he has to say in a forum like this. Its whatever though. Its not going to change my outlook in the long term, so i don't care very much.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back