NameSilo

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had 9 upvotes on this comment. Now it shows one downvote. Looks like Epik fans are reading this thread.

Attachments

• 2BB81984-4004-4278-A26B-E9B919826696.png
    2BB81984-4004-4278-A26B-E9B919826696.png
    930.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
•••
What option do people that got their iD rejected have? We should give up?

•••
I had 9 upvotes on this comment. Now it shows one downvote. Looks like Epik fans are reading this thread.
I gave you some upvotes, to offset that.

No one from Epik wants to show their face in public, but they or their fanboys seem to have no problem working behind the scenes on here with anonymous downvotes, Trust Pilot reviews, etc.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
What option do people that got their iD rejected have? We should give up?
Well, do you want the good news or the bad news?

The bad news is there is no solution for that at the moment.

The good news is even people who verified their information are still not getting paid.

Actually, I guess it is all bad news.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It looks like someone stole/embezzled Epik's money. They can't even afford to deposit enough money to keep the core aspect of their operations running.

Same thing happened to me.

Plus, they also seem to be unable to renew the MB domain name even though there was some kind of update on the domain name TODAY.

It'd be hilarious if a registrar has to transfer its own domain name to another (competing) registrar.
Whatever is actually going on can't be very good if it sent everyone at Epik into hiding.
No one wants to be seen or heard in public.

What are they so afraid of? The truth is going to come out whether they like it or not.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Another thought:

Some people here and on twitter have stated that Epik should be sold at any price to someone else.

If there was such a plan or a possibility, that is so ruined now, as the whole debacle of the past few weeks is like a poison pill for any acquisition. Any prospective buyer would now have to factor in the lost trust, customers, possible legal liabilities and so on.

At this point, the value of Epik for an investor might be at zero.
Well, in fairness a potential buyer would already have had to factor in all the previous debacles as well.

I am sure plenty of parties would be turned off by the content they host, the massive data breach, and many other past controversies.

Also, when you buy a company you are buying all the assets AND debts, so any potential buyer would have had to honor these debts.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Whatever is actually going on can't be very good if it sent everyone at Epik into hiding.
No one wants to be seen or heard in public.

What are they so afraid of? The truth is going to come out whether they like it or not.

Brad
The weird thing is that they were showing off their faces at NamesCon right before this Masterbucks shit-show.

#EpikFailsAgain #BeNotEpik

•••
When other people attach images on here, the images are full but when I attach images, people have to click on the thumbnail.

Can anyone explain.
Two different upload functions. Click on the image icon in toolbar at top, NOT attach files button below.

•••
I posted a thread in the "Suggestions and Feedback" section related to staff badges.
For some reason it shows "Awaiting approval before being shown publicly."

Epik has (30) staff badges.

How many of these people are even still "staff"?
How many of them are even active users?

The next highest total of any company is Escrow.com with 6.
GoDaddy has 3.

I don't think a company should be able to ignore this type of major issue, and still retain staff badges.
If they are not going to participate, what is the point?

It might be time that NamePros starts to verify the users with staff badges, and removes the outdated ones.

They might also want to look into creating a new policy to clarify what "staff" actually means.
Is this person actually an employee? Does what they say represent the company?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I posted a thread in the "Suggestions and Feedback" section related to staff badges.

GoDaddy has 3.

I don't think a company should be able to ignore this type of major issue, and still retain staff badges.

It might be time that NamePros starts to verify the users with staff badges, and removes the outdated ones.

They might also want to look into creating a new policy to clarify what "staff" actually means.

Brad

Even if NP resist showing who upvoted and downvoted posts in general, they should always make it public for all staff badge members - those have a vested financial interest in influencing opinion.

•••

GoDaddy has 3.

Brad
Many of Epik's staff members are hired from abroad and work at home I guess. They were probably told to shut up by the higher ups.

Last edited:
•••
Even if NP resist showing who upvoted and downvoted posts in general, they should always make it public for all staff badge members - those have a vested financial interest in influencing opinion.
You mean like in 2020 when they won the NamePros best registrar poll over Dynadot, by less of a margin than their number of staff badges, in a poll where staff were allowed to vote?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/do...gistrar-in-the-business-2020-edition.1179681/

Even at the time, many people had a problem with employees being allowed to vote.
I also think it is highly inappropriate for company employees to be voting for their company in a poll like this.
It is very misleading.

Brad
That thread also had a lot of politicking and self-promotion by Epik and their fanboys, which is also inappropriate IMO.

This is the same "win" that they later flogged on their marketing materials like it was some major accomplishment.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Many of Epik's staff members are hired from abroad and work at home I guess.
If a company hands out a staff badge, the staff should be speaking for the company.

I think there needs to be a reasonable bar when it comes to who is considered "staff" of a company.

Do all these people speak for Epik? I mean, they don't speak at all.
Pretty much all the accounts are inactive.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Epik is still trying to conduct escrow operations. Just yesterday, their agent suggested that I sell the name through their site. Can money be credited to a frozen account?

If they are taking money knowing they can not or will not deliver, that is, pay out to the seller, then that is fraud and is a serious crime and a matter for law enforcement.

In the UK if you reach the point where it is clearly impossible for you to pay your business's debts, you are termed technically bankrupt and by law you must stop trading - continuing is a crime. Not sure how that works for the USA, I guess that would be an issue for the authorities in the state of Washington, where Epik.com has its Hq

•••
•••
If they are taking money knowing they can not or will not deliver, that is, pay out to the seller, then that is fraud and is a serious crime and a matter for law enforcement.

In the UK if you reach the point where it is clearly impossible for you to pay your business's debts, you are termed technically bankrupt and by law you must stop trading - continuing is a crime. Not sure how that works for the USA, I guess that would be an issue for the authorities in the state of Washington, where Epik.com has its Hq
aka a SCAM.

•••
•••
I have sent an email to veriff on monday, no reply at all.
Download a email tracker, and see if they open the email.

•••

I am not saying that is the case here, but IF any company went down that path I don't think the structure of the company is going to save them from accountability.

When a company has "limited" liability that normally excludes things like fraud, serious misconduct, co-mingling funds, and other potential abuses.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Well, in fairness a potential buyer would already have had to factor in all the previous debacles as well.

I am sure plenty of parties would be turned off by the content they host, the massive data breach, and many other past controversies.

Also, when you buy a company you are buying all the assets AND debts, so any potential buyer would have had to honor these debts.

Brad

Sure. That is self-evident. Even with that, a potential suitor might be willing to pay actual money even if the company has negative equity on books. You can factor in strategic considerations, current customers, synergies, growth etc.

What I am saying is that all those offsetting positive considerations are out of the window as well.

Yes, the company was considered toxic by many, but one could argue that it was done deliberately. If 20% of the population likes that kind of stance, they could disproportionately favor the company. Given how small Epik's market share is, I always thought that it was kind of marketing strategy by Rob. The guy seemed too pragmatic anyways.

But... Once you are in the territory of taking away customers' money or even withholding it for the extended time with zero communication and/or assurances, there is no market segment that likes that.

So, yes, it is different this time and it might be the last nail to the coffin.

If, in fact, we are up to the most negative scenario that there is no money and they are dragging their feet, then we can speculate about the reasons for such a behavior.

1. They are blocked from activities by regulator until they meet certain requirements and/or settle. If it is about requirements, though, the disclosure would have done much less damage than the current line of behavior. If there is a settlement required, on the other hand, they might be scrambling to collect all money they can and pay it off and then start slowly paying off the clients.

2. There are no funds at Masterbucks and either they, again, expect that they can collect enough soon enough and pay it off and then rectify the situation, or they are just "buying" time hoping that there might be some miraculous positive development. If Rob really believes in all the stuff he preaches and is not just taking advantage of the believers, then this could be a possibility.

What is also interesting is that the minority shareholders are keeping silent although they are entitled to disclosures about the real situation by law.

Last edited:
•••
I am not saying that is the case here, but IF any company went down that path I don't think the structure of the company is going to save them from accountability.

When a company has "limited" liability that normal excludes things like fraud, serious misconduct, co-mingling funds, and other potential abuses.

Brad
A thief is a thief no matter what structure, if they are stealing for real now, they should be reported to the police and jailed. Let's see what will happen in a month or so.

•••
If Rob really believes in all the stuff he preaches and is not just taking advantage of the believers, then this could be a possibility.
Maybe Rob is waiting for a miracle. Praying in silence.

•••
A thief is a thief no matter what structure, if they are stealing for real now, they should be reported to the police and jailed. Let's see what will happen in a month or so.
I am just pointing out that you can't hide behind a corporate veil like some people seem to think.

The protection for companies, especially closely held ones, is limited.

People can be held personally liable for their actions when it comes to serious offenses.

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back