NameSilo

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sigh... The 'new' owners are really making an ass out of themselves. Legal aspects aside.

•••
•••
Is it too soon to request an update from ICANN? They still haven't updated their non-compliance announcement:

https://www.icann.org/compliance/notices
If you scroll down the list of breach notices you can see many of these compliance issues take months to resolve, and that is without the amount of clusterfuck involved in Epik's situation.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
If you scroll down the list of breach notices you can see many of these compliance issues take months to resolve, and that is without the amount of clusterfuck involved in Epik's situation.

Brad

I noticed. It's weird though. They set a deadline. You either comply with their regulations or you don't. It's not that complicated.

They're probably gonna extend the cure period.

•••
I noticed. It's weird though. They set a deadline. You either comply with their regulations or you don't. It's not that complicated.

They're probably gonna extend the cure period.
There is more than just the breach notice though.

They also have an asset transfer of a registrar in breach, which I don't think has ever happened.

That asset transfer happened after the breach notice.

So, it is not only about the breach but also about the assignment of accreditation. That requires a lot more documentation.

Most of these other breaches are for registrars that don't really serve customers.

It is a much more complex situation than any of these other breaches.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Sigh... The 'new' owners are really making an ass out of themselves. Legal aspects aside.
The new owners are real Monsters.

•••
Epik LLC is not a full-service registrar. Epik Inc is the registrar.
Is for example Regery a "registrar", according to you?
One company can resell from another company.

Now, you're right a NON-ICANN accredited company cannot say it is.
And it might be unwise to work with a reseller registrar which isn't accredited itself. Well, IDK, this is debattable.

There are resellers out there which aren't accredited themselves, tho.
Currently, Epik LLC is just one of them

"Epik" wants us to keep these entities separate, but are commingling the entities themselves.
Different companies cooperating and/or doing business between themselves isn't "commingling".
Now, there is a question of the definition of "full-service registrar", here. Does that necessarily require to be ICANN accredited, or not? I don't claim to have the answer.

•••
Is for example Regery a "registrar", according to you?
One company can resell from another company.

Now, you're right a NON-ICANN accredited company cannot say it is.
And it might be unwise to work with a reseller registrar which isn't accredited itself. Well, IDK, this is debattable.

There are resellers out there which aren't accredited themselves, tho.
Currently, Epik LLC is just one of them

Different companies cooperating and/or doing business between themselves isn't "commingling".
Now, there is a question of the definition of "full-service registrar", here. Does that necessarily require to be ICANN accredited, or not? I don't claim to have the answer.
In the domain world, a registrar is ICANN accredited.

Partnership or not, "Epik LLC" is not a registrar. The registrar is "Epik Inc".

If anything, "Epik LLC" would be a reseller.

NameCheap used to be a reseller of Enom, then they became an actual registrar. A reseller is not a registrar.

All the "Epik LLC" language disappeared from Epik.com after my complaint with ICANN, so it is easy to assume how ICANN feels about the misleading language.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
If not, they could not offer registrations, renewals, transfers, etc.
Sorry, but isn't Regery offering just that? (They do. Pretty well, btw. I've worked quite a bit with them).

There was indeed a problem if you could understand Epik LLC was accredited, which they are NOT, for now.
That was the case! But that's about it.

In the domain world, a registrar is ICANN accredited.
If that were to be true, they would need to avoid using the word "registrar" too, until Epik LLC is accredited.
Problem solved. There isn't anything else here.
This is YOUR conviction, tho. Maybe you're right. But I'm not totally sure about it.

•••
If that were to be true, they would need to avoid using the word "registrar" too, until Epik LLC is accredited.
Problem solved. There isn't anything else here.
This is YOUR conviction, tho. Maybe you're right. But I'm not totally sure about it.
Well, I mean they are a "registrar" just as much as Epik offered "escrow" services. :ROFL:

I guess every version of Epik has no problem with misleading language.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en

1.24 A "Reseller" is a person or entity that participates in Registrar's distribution channel for domain name registrations (a) pursuant to an agreement, arrangement or understanding with Registrar or (b) with Registrar's actual knowledge, provides some or all Registrar Services, including collecting registration data about Registered Name Holders, submitting that data to Registrar, or facilitating the entry of the registration agreement between the Registrar and the Registered Name Holder.

"Epik LLC" would be offering them via Epik Inc. They are a reseller not, a registrar.

The language is clearly misleading.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
All of a sudden past paid invoices now show Epik inc again...

•••
Well, then Epik LLC could call themselves a reseller of Epik inc, an accredited registrar.
They should. That's clean, and good for them, btw.

Would that make you happy? Suggest it to them!
Epik inc is currently in breach, tho.

•••
Well, then Epik LLC could call themselves a reseller of Epik inc, an accredited registrar.
They should. That's clean, and good for them, btw.

Would that make you happy? Suggest it to them!
Well, one Epik is in breach and the other Epik is requesting that ICANN approve the transfer of assignment.

Maybe they should take more care in separating their entities and using the correct language.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
All of a sudden past paid invoices now show Epik inc again...
When did that happen?

They probably globally changed "Epik LLC" back to "Epik Inc".

The use of "Epik LLC" has basically been purged from Epik.com, outside of the press release.

It also is problematic if you are trying to separate "Epik LLC" from "Epik Inc" if all the receipts show "Epik LLC".

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It also is problematic if you are trying to separate "Epik LLC" from "Epik Inc" if all the receipts show "Epik LLC".
This all makes me so happy...the blurred lines between where one stops and the other starts is a good thing for those of us attempting to get our money.

•••
Maybe they should take more care in separating their entities and using the correct language.
There is a good chance that they themselves have completely lost the overview. This was already the case in the past when 'Epik Holdings Inc' was listed in Whois with the IANA ID of 'Epik Inc'. Since then, the construction has become even more complicated.

•••
In short: words rather than actions from @Braden Pollock, who refuses to give clarity. Even though he has been asked for it several times now.
Dear (person hiding behind the handle) @Future Sensors
I have not refused to do anything. I'm rarely on NP and am just now seeing my name being mentioned in this thread.
I have no more information about the buyers of Epik than you do. I'm not involved with Epik other than being a shareholder. I was on the Board but left a few years ago. I have shares in dozens of companies, including Amazon. Owning shares doesn't give you any insight into the inter-workings of a company.
I too had Masterbucks that I was unable to withdraw. I too was unable to renew domains that were at Epik. No different than any other Epik customer. The only difference is that I invested $$ many years ago that I will never see again.
@Future Sensors, have I now met all your demands?

•••
I have not refused to do anything. I'm rarely on NP and am just now seeing my name being mentioned in this thread.
I have no more information about the buyers of Epik than you do. I'm not involved with Epik other than being a shareholder. I was on the Board but left a few years ago. I have shares in dozens of companies, including Amazon. Owning shares doesn't give you any insight into the inter-workings of a company.
I too had Masterbucks that I was unable to withdraw. I too was unable to renew domains that were at Epik. No different than any other Epik customer. The only difference is that I invested $$ many years ago that I will never see again.
Welcome back to NP, @Braden Pollock!
In case you dont return; i appreciate you;
and never faulted you.

I figure u’d worry more on random Twitter attacks on u.. (Not just against you, but still)
Why cant we all get along! If any ever involved with epik, look out! Thx again.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
It's an interesting situation, as the person who bought the 2nd portfolio of names, that included the DNProtect dot com domain, was (is still?) and investor in Epik. It's not a 'random' investor that never had ties to Epik. I'm not going to name them. If they want to come out publicly, they can do that. I mentioned 'reputation' because I think people would look at them differently if they knew who it was, especially given their ties with Epik.

I never ever claimed that I own or owned the DNProtect dot com domain name. I never owned it. The co-founder of DNProtect always owned that domain. I was not consulted before it was sold.

When Brian Royce mysteriously named himself as CEO of DNProtect and paid the fine, I was not associated with DNProtect in any way. So I have no idea how/why he negotiated that deal (it was a $50k fine) and settled with the Washington OIC. Your guess is as good as mine on that one. Maybe Royce used some of the revenue they took from DNProtect to pay the fine.
Bill, I find this post extremely odd. I didn't buy a portfolio from Epik. I bought exactly two names from a portfolio that was shared with many investors. One was NameBrokers.com - which I had I brokered to Epik many years ago. The other was DNprotect which I bought for YOU. You know this because I offered to you for what I paid for it - but you said you wanted to use a different brand (although you offered a few hundred dollars). Now, here you are pretending to have sleuthed some information and "calling me out". I've attached a screenshot of our final email exchange to refresh your memory.
I have no use for this domain. I was trying to help you out. I guess no good deed goes unpunished. Lesson learned.
Really disappointing to read this post.

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 4.33.00 PM.png

•••
Thanks, but you still haven't answered the question yet.

Earlier you stated the following in this thread:

1. The company is acquired 2. The company goes public 3. The company or a third party offers to acquire said shares (if transferable). Since Epik has not been acquired nor gone public, that leaves only the possibility of Epik or a third party acquiring my shares. No one has made any such offers. So, like with all my other angel investments, I have no choice but to continue holding my shares.
Does that clear things up?
Now that Epik has been sold, could you provide an update please?

•••
Also @Braden Pollock

Since when is showing private emails a good idea?

•••
From what was reported, the registrar and hosting business were acquired. There are other very small assets that remain. I suppose I have shares in those assets. Other than a portfolio of low-value domains, I don't know what assets remain.

•••

I think it is a fine idea when someone is publicly posting misleading or false information which they know to be misleading or false.

Now that Epik has been sold, could you provide an update please?

When did that happen? Have you nodded off for about the last umpteen dozen posts in this thread? As Rob's sockpuppet, I mean Domains General, has stated ad nauseum, the story they are trying to sell is that there was an asset acquisition, and not a sale of the company.

Last edited:
•••
Also @Braden Pollock

When one feels the unfortunate need to defend themselves. I refrained from posting the entire string - just enough to prove that Bill's post was misleading and a mischaracterization of what really happened.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back