Domain Empire

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rob threatened me saying Epik could keep his money because I violated the terms by writing those reviews. I have evidence of that too
What a mess.

•••
Rob threatened me saying Epik could keep his money because I violated the terms by writing those reviews. I have evidence of that too.

According to him. I was defaming Epik while i was only writing the truth.
The truth can not be hidden for long nor erased. Karma will come Epik.

•••
Rob threatened me saying Epik could keep his money because I violated the terms by writing those reviews. I have evidence of that too.

Well, Rob is wrong.

1.) Where is the Masterbucks TOS? It doesn't seem to exist.

2.) Even if there was a clause in there regarding leaving a negative review, according to the FTC that clause it not legally enforceable.

Congress unanimously passed the Consumer Review Fairness Act to protect people’s ability to share in any forum their honest opinions about a business’ products, services, or conduct. Some companies had been using contract provisions – including their online terms and conditions – to threaten to sue consumers or penalize them financially for posting negative reviews or complaints. The new law makes that illegal.

It seems like a common problem that Rob does not actually understand how free speech works.

Truth is an absolute defense to claims of defamation. End of story.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The consumer protection act provides that delayed payment is a claim.

•••
I cannot imagine how the clients of masterbucks must feel right now. I hope this will be resolved soon and that Epik pays the ultimate price so no once else gets sucked into this mess or future ones. It's hard not to curse, but damn! Not even NetworkSolutions is this bad.

•••
He thought he can threaten me and hold my money and i would keep my mouth shut.

But that’s not gonna happen.

It took me too long to make those 25k USD. I cannot just ket them keep it.

•••
Rob threatened me
Related, this is an important reason why you shouldn't give your NamePros forum name to Epik to get a so-called "NamePros discount" on domain registrations. A discount that other registrars simply give by default.

•••
Probably, according to Epik, only lies can be freely spoken, as in Gianni Rodari's fairy tale “Gelsomino in the Country of Liars”

•••
He thought he can threaten me and hold my money and i would keep my mouth shut.

But that’s not gonna happen.

It took me too long to make those 25k USD. I cannot just ket them keep it.
You should speak out. That is not acceptable.

I am sure there are several state and federal agencies that would be more than willing to look into that type of behavior.

Outside the FTC, you have state agencies like -
https://www.atg.wa.gov/consumer-protection

It goes right to the heart of consumer protection.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
As soon as our call ended he wrote on mail “In the meantime, my advice is to not leave a trail unless you want to be named in John Berryhill’s legal adventure.”

Seems like another threat to me.

What trail is he talking about? Lol

Last edited:
•••
It was then necessary to fulfill the contract for the removal of negative reviews with the help of escrow, but of course not through Epik's escrow, but through something else. Epik sends $25,000 there, you delete the negative reviews, Epik agrees to the contract, and you get the money.

Last edited:
•••
As soon as our call ended he wrote on mail “In the meantime, my advice is to not leave a trail unless you want to be named in John Berryhill’s legal adventure.”

@jberryhill Seems Rob is using your name to threaten his clients.

•••

All you need to understand is that truth is an absolute defense to defamation/libel.

According to the FTC, a provision that would stop you from leaving a negative review is not legally enforceable.

Brad

•••

You should post a review how he threatens you with screenshots and reach out to TrustPilot to let them know. This is getting very serious now.

•••
You should post a review how he threatens you with screenshots and reach out to TrustPilot to let them know. This is getting very serious now.
This would also be considered a "new experience" according to TrustPilot.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Epik acts like they really don't have a cent, or they've been stricken with some mysterious disease, a syndrome where people can't give money away.

Last edited:
•••
Epik acts like they really don't have a cent, or they've been stricken with some mysterious disease, a syndrome where people can't give money away.
Or broken backs. Digital backs.

•••

Check your email please

•••
Last edited:
•••

And the kicker here is that it’s not really THEIR money to begin with.

The money was from us, the Buyers, who put it into escrow. It’s as simple as paying out the money that we put in. But they’re acting like it’s their money.

•••
Rob Monster said “If someone is a thug or a bully to me, i punish them and i do not want to punish you” seems like a serious threat to me.

•••
Rob Monster said “If someone is a thug or a bully to me, i punish them and i do not want to punish you” seems like a serious threat to me.
It's called projection, who is bullying who here.

•••

As others have pointed out numerous times on this forum before, the company has a peculiar view when it comes to allowing, or shutting down, free speech.

Right now you notice how opinions are suppressed by Epik on platforms like TrustPilot. We've seen this on NamePros as well. At the same time Epik welcomes, and actively invites, deplatformed parties for which they say they stand up. To combat efforts to shut down free speech...

1665022441718.png

Last edited:
•••
As others have pointed out numerous times on this forum before, the company has a peculiar view when it comes to allowing, or shutting down, free speech.

Right now you notice how opinions are suppressed by Epik on platforms like TrustPilot. We've seen this on NamePros as well. At the same time Epik welcomes, and actively invites, deplatformed parties for which they say they stand up. To combat efforts to shut down free speech...

Show attachment 224506
It's all about the money, if they can get more money they will allow people to use their platform for free speech, but if we say something they are doing which impacts them negatively, but is the truth, then we are threatened.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back