Dynadot

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
While you are gloating about your regfee purchases I have been making a few good sales (non 3D domains).
It's not enough to gamble on future trends and hope for the best, you also have to put some focus on domains that will make money today.
As long as you're piling up domains that nobody wants, your cash flow is negative.
BTW I hope your username is nothing more than irony.

another post that is of no use to anyone

•••
Universal Planning A 3D Remake Of Jaws With Tracy Morgan?

YIKES! D-:

I think it took me a couple of years before I was able to go back in to the ocean after seeing the original on a theaters big screen. Had it been in today's 3D quality, I'm not sure I'd have ever gone back in...

So who's picked up Jaws3D, 3DJaws, 3DShark, and...???

•••
another post that is of no use to anyone

Except those who stopped to think. <-- That's the argument that's always used, and it's right.

I see all these domains and I look around...

If you read this thread and were fairly new you'd almost be thinking that if you bought 3d Printing Machine.com then Google/Bing/Yahoo will somehow put you at position 1 on page 1 for the search 3d Printing Machine.

In fact, you'd think that Google has people back there at meetings discussing whether they should rank 3-Dprint ahead of 3DPrint and Print3D.

I heard just last week that they had an S3D meeting to decide what to do with that.

This is not to mention that you will be competing with Big Box electronic stores and Best Buy and Amazon... Ah! But then you use affiliate ads and you'll make millions in commission. Heard it before.

.... no one is going to page 2 for TOP 3d consumer items and they're unlikely types ins. And if you saw 90UVs last week - that means that not everyone who reads this forum could be bothered to visit your site.

I'm going to say that most clicks are domainer clicks. This is why NP has such a strict policy on links.

I have seen some domains with potential.. But a lot of garbage. Anyone who thinks they are going to become millionaires of long tail search terms is deluded. For those of you with great 3d names good luck to you... it's hard to tell when the market is primed for sale due to the strange irregularities in the 3d domain market right now. The 3d move is specific technologies - yet many regges are unaffected by it, or old and existing..... some are HIGHLY speculative.. and MAY work out.

I'm not going to fight anyone who wants to say that you can get some ROI and even some continual money from clicks/affiliates... it's this belief that you ALL have MULTIPLE regfee domains ALL worth $10,000s that is laughable.

Just read that printing3d.net is going to be worth $X,XXX in an appraisal...
Italy.net couldn't even get $20K at an auction ... IN ITALY!

(and this is arguably better than many I've seen).

Not trying to troll. Trying to bring realism. Some of you will make money... A LOT of you will lose money... and a few will even CLAIM to have made lots of money... For the record I have about 10 3d names...

Last edited:
•••
CAUGHT:

• Animations3D.com

:)

•••
:kickass:

Glad it helped... I wasn't aware either until about a week ago. I have a Movie/TV director on my hockey team.. Anyone heard of SG 1? Also a couple of the writers.. and the hubby of the lead actess we were talking the other day in the dresing room, and they were going off about this 3d modelling machine and how cool and useful it is... Good luck! Thanks for the Rep BTW, Much appreciated :) Here's a link I found...

3d models

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Looks Like Panasonic believes in 3D too!!

Panasonic Establishes 3D Innovation Center in Japan - MarketWatch

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

From the article... "In this year said to be the "First Year for 3D" and with the commercialization of a series of 3D products for consum..."

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

First 3D Video Camera! Only $200 bucks

Aiptek 3D camcorder: Three guesses what it does | Crave - CNET
Great link on 3d models. Once again much appreciated. Site up and going since 97 i think. I always wondered why there was a bid (or bids - haven't looked lately) on 3dhelicopter on sedo and now it has twigged. There are 3d model cars, planes, boats etc currently available.

Anyway, back to model3d org. I need help. Looking more closely model3d org already receives 175 exact monthly searches with a cpc of $1.78. As far as i know all tlds are gone. I am in no hurry to sell and was going to hang on to it for a year or so where i would imagine it will be worth a lot more, so should i also be including this factor into the selling price? Would be very grateful if you guys could pm me your thoughts and what you think a fair selling price would be.

•••
Except those who stopped to think. <-- That's the argument that's always used, and it's right.

I see all these domains and I look around...

If you read this thread and were fairly new you'd almost be thinking that if you bought 3d Printing Machine.com then Google/Bing/Yahoo will somehow put you at position 1 on page 1 for the search 3d Printing Machine.

In fact, you'd think that Google has people back there at meetings discussing whether they should rank 3-Dprint ahead of 3DPrint and Print3D.

I heard just last week that they had an S3D meeting to decide what to do with that.

This is not to mention that you will be competing with Big Box electronic stores and Best Buy and Amazon... Ah! But then you use affiliate ads and you'll make millions in commission. Heard it before.

.... no one is going to page 2 for TOP 3d consumer items and they're unlikely types ins. And if you saw 90UVs last week - that means that not everyone who reads this forum could be bothered to visit your site.

I'm going to say that most clicks are domainer clicks. This is why NP has such a strict policy on links.

I have seen some domains with potential.. But a lot of garbage. Anyone who thinks they are going to become millionaires of long tail search terms is deluded. For those of you with great 3d names good luck to you... it's hard to tell when the market is primed for sale due to the strange irregularities in the 3d domain market right now. The 3d move is specific technologies - yet many regges are unaffected by it, or old and existing..... some are HIGHLY speculative.. and MAY work out.

I'm not going to fight anyone who wants to say that you can get some ROI and even some continual money from clicks/affiliates... it's this belief that you ALL have MULTIPLE regfee domains ALL worth $10,000s that is laughable.

Just read that printing3d.net is going to be worth $X,XXX in an appraisal...
Italy.net couldn't even get $20K at an auction ... IN ITALY!

(and this is arguably better than many I've seen).

Not trying to troll. Trying to bring realism. Some of you will make money... A LOT of you will lose money... and a few will even CLAIM to have made lots of money... For the record I have about 10 3d names...

Opinions welcomed .. but this is the case for any domain in any industry. If your theory is true (about not getting top placement) then no one would buy domains at all, so why are we here?

And one last point, as far as me, personally...
.... to me it's real simple... this is not my profession - this is something i figured i'd take a shot and invest in... ALL i really want to do is MAKE some money .. i never said it had to be retire money - just make some money, man... this doesn't have to be 6 figure roi for me to be happy by any stretch - this will hopefully be a nice extra chunk of change for me at some point.. i'll try to get as much out of it as i can, keep myself open to learning and listening to those who want to honestly help and teach (as opposed to the posers), and hope to make some money... i mean the buy in investment is really cheap enough in the grand scheme of things.... couple of thousand dollars... you can barely fly back n forth to vegas on a four day trip and spend less than that and walk away with the same nothing as me.

i believe it's money well spent for the chance to be in it - if something hits - GREAT... if it doesn't, hopefully i am somehow able to make my original outlay (plus renewals) back and call it an experience and a great story.

This is why i don't understand so much of the flaming form others (not you on this post, default)... i don't know why it's assumed that i PLAN on making a million dollar... no intention of it, in my wildest dreams.

This should be a fun ride.. i'm looking forward to it, really... everyday reading new 3d tech news that's coming out that somehow coincides with a name you have is pretty exciting, if nothing else.. and besides.. there's absolutely no harm in what we are all doing - to ones self, to one another or to the domaining industry.. but some people want to act like it's the biggest crime going - make sense of that to me.

anyway .. not trying to renew an argument... just sayin'

•••
YIKES! D-:

I think it took me a couple of years before I was able to go back in to the ocean after seeing the original on a theaters big screen. Had it been in today's 3D quality, I'm not sure I'd have ever gone back in...

HAHA, i watched it as a kid and have the same feeling as you, whenever i went to the beach (as a kid) i was always looking at the water

•••
if anyone is thinking of regging a .tv now is the time with dynadot and name offering cheap registration , you can reg for mutltiple years at dynadot on the discounted price !

•••
coms
3dhotrod
3dmodelcar
car-3d
3dlittle
juggs3d

Time to slow down. Have mortgaged the house and sold the car and boat. Baked beans for dinner tonight for me and my faithful german shepherd.

•••
lets hope your joking ..... 3dlittle ?

•••
dudeeee....you need to throw away your keyboard !!

•••
My latest reg caught off the drop:

3Dgh.com

•••
FYI: 3D Sickness (and yes, 3DSickness*com is already registered)

A health warning in April from Samsung, one of the first on the market with 3D TVs, makes watching 3D sound like mortal combat.

The TV maker warns that 3D could cause motion sickness, lightheadedness, nausea, dizziness, twitching or even convulsions, especially in people with epilepsy. Samsung cautions parents to supervise children closely, because they could be more susceptible than adults.

Crazy huh?....

•••
lets hope your joking ..... 3dlittle ?
Nope, not joking. Got it on a drop. Four year old domain so someone thinks like me. Not sure if that is a good thing or not though!

May i suggest that some of you broaden your horizons. I know i sometimes fly against the wind which is why i live in the Australian bush and not a city or town, on dialup running at 20kpbs on a good day and broadband being just a dream. I think the train of thought that all 3d's are rubbish unless it's a product name is just, well, little!!

I know i don't have much experience but i reckon that if the name is to be developed the content of the site is more relevant than the name of the site? I do own a little site (tickurl com) to make urls smaller (or littler) so this will fit in nicely and which is why i also have 3durls com. To me this name has potential to be used for most things great and small.

3dlittle has a cpc of 87cents and a hundred or so google searches and a few records archived. There are a lot little things out there, little comics, little movies, little games. Little dot com is appraised at $950k with a serp of 100m so tell me 3dlittle wasn't worth the cost of 2 cups of coffee.

As a matter of interest most of my 3d's are getting good visits and some clicks and one has had an offer on it. I also stumbled across a non-3d com while looking at 3d's and which is getting about $3 a day on sedo after a week so should easily pay for any mistakes i have made.

I think along the same lines as 3dDomainNames. He (or she, not sure) has the right attitude to make this a success. And it is after all just fun and a hobby for me and if i fail, tough titty!! The investment is small and the chances of making a little here and there is high and i reckon it is a good bang for your bucks.

oops i forgot. Here are a couple of more names for you guys to knock. Wonder if 3dKnockersMayHaveLittleWeenies is avail.

shops3d dot com
3drelationship dot com
3dmodel.me

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Just spotted that gamez dot com takes top spot on this week's sales chart with $77,000 sale at Sedo.

I wonder then if my gamez3d dot com was worth the $7 reg fee????

Last edited:
•••
•••
sorry but 3drelationship doesn't make sense , 3dchat or 3ddating would be more to the point , it's your choice i guess but please do consider the 3d aftermarket is good buying at the moment , there's not really much left

•••
•••
•••
the name in my signature is listed for cheap in the .tv section , considering the wasted regs .....consider the aftermarket people

•••
What do you think of the following names -- reg. em months or so ago.

3dMovieFinder.com
3dMoviesFinder.com
3dVideoRecording.com
3dVideoRentals.com
Review3dMovies.com
Search3dMovies.com
Upcoming3dMovies.com
HD3DLED.com

•••
Some potential

What do you think of the following names -- reg. em months or so ago.

These 4 have good potential:
3dVideoRecording.com
3dVideoRentals.com
Upcoming3dMovies.com
HD3DLED.com

Last edited:
•••
Opinions welcomed .. but this is the case for any domain in any industry. If your theory is true (about not getting top placement) then no one would buy domains at all, so why are we here?
Irrational Exuberance.
Denial.
Dreaming.
Delusion.
Mad SEO skills.
A go to market plan, some capital, a desire to execute and work.

I often see people post- I'm on page 1 for search term "3dvvvccc.com".
Well congratulations... where are you for 3d vvv ccc or vvv ccc?

And is there a big ad on the top of that page that ISN'T you that seems relevant?

And one last point, as far as me, personally...
.... to me it's real simple... this is not my profession - this is something i figured i'd take a shot and invest in... ALL i really want to do is MAKE some money .. i never said it had to be retire money - just make some money, man... this doesn't have to be 6 figure roi for me to be happy by any stretch - this will hopefully be a nice extra chunk of change for me at some point..

You've said this before. You've mapped it out. People might call you crazy but you have an approach. More than others. Some of your names are decent. Some of them are crap. Some of them are in between.

Don't need all gold to make it fun and profitable. You seem fairly well in tune with what you're doing in terms of risk.

i believe it's money well spent for the chance to be in it - if something hits - GREAT... if it doesn't, hopefully i am somehow able to make my original outlay (plus renewals) back and call it an experience and a great story.
I wasn't referring to you necessarily. That said, I'm not sure you mean it. You're hedging but deep down you still believe the hype.

If I told you that I'd give you 40K right now for your investment you'd accept ? (I am NOT offering, this is hypothetical) I don't really care about the answer. I don't think it actually matters because you HAVE done the sensible thing which is ascertain your RISK properly.. and you've accepted that loss.. Any win is a win, ultimately.

This is why i don't understand so much of the flaming form others (not you on this post, default)... i don't know why it's assumed that i PLAN on making a million dollar... no intention of it, in my wildest dreams.

Because - and THIS IS THE KEY.... it is easy to INFER from your posts that you think this might happen. This is MORE the case with other posters.

Even toned down... the implication from many in this thread is that you can turn reg fee to 2K in 1 day (or if you get lowballed - just hold and wait and the money will flow.)

Is it your fault others are gullible? No.

This should be a fun ride.. i'm looking forward to it, really... everyday reading new 3d tech news that's coming out that somehow coincides with a name you have is pretty exciting, if nothing else.. and besides.. there's absolutely no harm in what we are all doing - to ones self, to one another or to the domaining industry.. but some people want to act like it's the biggest crime going - make sense of that to me.

anyway .. not trying to renew an argument... just sayin'

Enjoy. Remember not everyone is you. You have influence.

With great power comes great responsibility or something..

•••
Hi there,

I just registered 3ddomainaddiction.com, is it anything worth???? :)

Cheers

Liquid

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
slap yourself silly right now

•••
could the last person turn the light off please

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back