Domain Empire

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
so far i have sold a 3d domain name for $xxx, been sitting on the rest for days, no luck trying to sell another name despite lots of emailing, it looks like 3d will be boosted by the worldcup 3d broadcast

so...gonna wait till worldcup and then try selling more...

•••
these are not exactly attractive names... i wouldn't think any of these are worthy of bids in the first place, so whats your point?... also not mentioned, is the starting point or the reserves.

you're still very much in the infancy of 3d

... or would u rather talk meaningless garbage with the rest of the naysayers?

Whats my point? This is 3D discussion thread, and I am just reporting recent 3D domain news. I guess you wanted to say "Hey, thanks for finding time and share some 3D info with us" but you didnt know how to express yourself :)

Dont know why you think that makes me "nayseyer". I am participating in this thread from begining, I opened 3D available domains thread and I've invested in 3D domains at aftermarket probably more then you on the fresh regs.

About online3d.net, did you buy pro version of that joomla template from gavic.com? I dont see any credentials/backlink on it?

•••
i think 3d domains will have their day in the sun, just got to wait till more consumers own 3d ready tvs and computers, that will give content providers a reason to invest in 3d ready content

james cameroon with avatar is really a big risk taker, thats why you only see 1 3d blockbuster the entire year, avatar is the exception not the norm, got to wait for 3d content to move sufficiently towards the norm

Last edited:
•••
Errr...ref: the whole 'ubiquitous terminology becomes redundant' slant.

Why is it that even though HD has been out quite some time that the term HD is used in the advertising of new programmes e.g. Pacific HD or Pacific on Sky HD ( yep, entire channels dedicated to just HD content). I agree that EVENTUALLY the term becomes redundant after many years because then there is the assumption that the vast majority have the e.g. cellphones. Up until that point it's ' call me on my cellphone...call me on my mobile etc '. the 3D / HD / EIGHT-TRACK / CELL-PHONE is a specifier.Yes, loads of rubbish is getting regged...and I am as guilty of anyone else, but hey where's the fun in just regging stuff that makes a fortune..that enables you to live a life of luxury, uncluttered by the mundane tasks that the rabble that constitutes the rest of society have to perform. Who amongst us would miss, for one second, that frisson of dread when opening up the credit card statement/demand after a hard weeks' regging domains such as 3DIveFallenAndICantGetUp.info and similar.

WHO?

Well...

•••
My latest reg - 3dwebserver.com

•••
•••
•••
3-dvod.com without the hyphen would be a killer domain.

•••
Hi all just after your feed back on this domain name iv just got
BuyiPod3D.com

good or bad.............

•••
Bad, and a major trademark issue as well.

Brad

BuyiPod3D.com

good or bad.............

•••
BuyiPod3D.com

good or bad.............

Grace delete if you can...

•••
More good news for gilescoley and myself.

asahi.com¡ÊÄ«Æü¿·Ê¹¼Ò¡Ë¡§Sharp to Introduce Two New AQUOS Blu-ray Disc Recorders - English

Blu-ray: Sharp Out Two Blu-ray 3D Recorders in Japan

Thanks snoopinc, thats is good news, off to sit on the banks of the zambesi with a cold beer and watch the hipppos, crocs and elephants, cant wait to get back on the thread in about 3 weeks.

good luck all

•••
Bad, and a major trademark issue as well.
BuyiPod3D.com

good or bad.............
Brad

listen to brad !

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

3-dvod.com without the hyphen would be a killer domain.

haha, yeah oh well... :<

guess a more experienced domainer has it

•••
•••
Well perhaps some of your recommendations are better :-
3dbaton.com
3dbatter.com

I didnt recommended anything. I just listed available 3d+sportterms names.

•••
I have no problem with anyone posting in the thread, investor or not, so long as their posts are useful or back up what they are saying.
Simply dropping in with a one liner post, trying to evoke reactions, and a high and mighty attitude is not very good :imho:

For example, "all the good 3D names were gone years ago" is a nonsense.
Let's all give up then, there are no more to be had.
It is one persons view of what is a good name and what isnt.
Who or what determines what is a good name anyway. If 3Dgobbledegook sells for a couple of thousand or even a couple of hundred $ in the future, is it a good name or garbage ?
Two people who will think it is a good name are the buyer and seller, and they won't care if mister domainer, or anybody else likes it or not.

So I would say to those posting that 99.9 % of the names in this thread are garbage, put your money where your mouth is, pick some out and say specifically why they are garbage. Also you could point to what you think is a good name and explain why also.

That way you are being helpful to new domainers and others who you think are wasting money.

I've done that. I've pointed out the good 3D names that were taken years ago. I did that several times. For a review:
3Dgames.com -- regged 01/12/1996
3Dtv.com -- regged 03/04/1996
3Dgraphics.com -- regged 11/30/1995
3Dmonitor.com -- regged 01/24/2003
3Dvideo.com -- regged 10/14/2004
3Dlaptop.com -- regged 03/08/2005
3Dcellphone.com -- regged 03/08/2005
etc., etc., etc.

I also pointed out WHY most of the names regged now are garbage. And finally I pointed out that, once 3D becomes mainstream, for instance, a "3D TV", there won't be any reason to call it "3D". It's just "TV". The example I used was for name "3DIllinois.com".

The reason I posted again is because someone criticized a very good "S3D" name. I explained why I thought "S3D" was a good bet. That sent all the 3D groupies into a fit.

Now if you don't agree with my opinion about the best names being taken years ago, that's fine. But if you can find better names than those above that haven't yet been regged, let me know what they are and I'll reg 'em myself.

•••
Comcast Increases VOD Movie Line-Up by over 450% | InteractiveTV Today

In other VOD news:

* VOD distribution services provider, Avail-TVN, has announced plans to launch a suite of 3D programming services by the end of the year for both VOD and linear. Operators will have access to transactional 3D VOD content and a companion free-on-demand service, both in stereoscopic 3D, the company says. In addition, the company is planning to launch two linear 3D channels: a transactional pay-per-view channel offering movies, concerts, events and sports programming; and a free-to-the-consumer promotional 3D channel offering features, documentaries, music and specialty programming, that Avail-TVN says will "allow consumers to test their 3D sets and glasses." The company says it is developing its 3D services to work with its customers' existing infrastructure: its 3D VOD offerings will work with existing set-top boxes with minor over-the-air software updates, the company promises. "Commercializing a scalable 3D service for the industry requires coordination between content producers, operators, and technology vendors," Avail-TVN CTO, Michael Kazmier, said in a prepared statement. "Our focus has been to bring these partners together in an integrated fashion so that we can deliver a broad selection of 3D programming--transactional and free--for consumers to enjoy on their new 3D TV's." Avail-TVN's new 3D services are slated to launch during the fourth quarter.

•••
I've done that. I've pointed out the good 3D names that were taken years ago. I did that several times. For a review:
3Dgames.com -- regged 01/12/1996
3Dtv.com -- regged 03/04/1996
3Dgraphics.com -- regged 11/30/1995
3Dmonitor.com -- regged 01/24/2003
3Dvideo.com -- regged 10/14/2004
3Dlaptop.com -- regged 03/08/2005
3Dcellphone.com -- regged 03/08/2005
etc., etc., etc.

I also pointed out WHY most of the names regged now are garbage. And finally I pointed out that, once 3D becomes mainstream, for instance, a "3D TV", there won't be any reason to call it "3D". It's just "TV". The example I used was for name "3DIllinois.com".

The reason I posted again is because someone criticized a very good "S3D" name. I explained why I thought "S3D" was a good bet. That sent all the 3D groupies into a fit.

Now if you don't agree with my opinion about the best names being taken years ago, that's fine. But if you can find better names than those above that haven't yet been regged, let me know what they are and I'll reg 'em myself.

Well to be honest, you will be hard pushed to find anything left in the 3D niche, let alone good ones. With regard to names related to the new 3D technology I think you may be surprised somewhere down the line.
All we can do is wait.
Good luck with your names.

•••
I didnt recommended anything. I just listed available 3d+sportterms names.

And you don't think that any new domainer might look at the list you posted and be influenced ?

•••
Well to be honest, you will be hard pushed to find anything left in the 3D niche, let alone good ones. With regard to names related to the new 3D technology I think you may be surprised somewhere down the line.
All we can do is wait.
Good luck with your names.

I still like my recent reg... s3dComputer/com, even if others don't. I see future potential.

•••
I like that one too Saucey, without active marketing tho, it may be quite a long wait for people to catch up.

•••
I still like my recent reg... s3dComputer/com, even if others don't. I see future potential.

I like it too. But I guess you already knew that.

•••
i think its worth noting that we are all speculating be it 3d or s3d

some of you folk need to mellow on your postings to each other

i would hate to read this stuff if you weren't on the same side !

If you are new here DONT REG TRADEMARK NAMES example GOOGLE3D is Trade Mark

i highly doubt anyone is influenced by the 3d available thread

•••
I like that one too Saucey, without active marketing tho, it may be quite a long wait for people to catch up.

Thanx Exsedo. :)

Stereoscopic 3D PC market: $0 to $34 billion in 4 years | TG Daily

I am no pro on this topic. But from what I can tell.. Stereoscopic 3D is one of 2 or 3 different ways of producing 3D images. It is quite possible, that S3D will just be the norm, and refered to simply as 3D. Or, perhaps it will be a "regional thing". European's say "cinema".. North American's say "movie theater". Or, maybe it will be a cool "tech" name.. The "Toshiba 3d tv" or the "Samsung S3D tv".. or perhaps not. Regardless, this whole thing is so new (even though 3d its self has been around forever) I could not help reg some s3d names. There. That's my 2 cents worth!

Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
Comcast Increases VOD Movie Line-Up by over 450% | InteractiveTV Today

In other VOD news:

* VOD distribution services provider, Avail-TVN, has announced plans to launch a suite of 3D programming services by the end of the year for both VOD and linear. Operators will have access to transactional 3D VOD content and a companion free-on-demand service, both in stereoscopic 3D, the company says. In addition, the company is planning to launch two linear 3D channels: a transactional pay-per-view channel offering movies, concerts, events and sports programming; and a free-to-the-consumer promotional 3D channel offering features, documentaries, music and specialty programming, that Avail-TVN says will "allow consumers to test their 3D sets and glasses." The company says it is developing its 3D services to work with its customers' existing infrastructure: its 3D VOD offerings will work with existing set-top boxes with minor over-the-air software updates, the company promises. "Commercializing a scalable 3D service for the industry requires coordination between content producers, operators, and technology vendors," Avail-TVN CTO, Michael Kazmier, said in a prepared statement. "Our focus has been to bring these partners together in an integrated fashion so that we can deliver a broad selection of 3D programming--transactional and free--for consumers to enjoy on their new 3D TV's." Avail-TVN's new 3D services are slated to launch during the fourth quarter.

I have 3dod.net, 3dod.com.au and 3dtvod.com.au

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back