Dynadot

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The way to learn about Tm issues is to put a serious amount of time aside to research it. The archives here are massive and a good read through the legal thread will teach you a lot.

Basically, when someone like facebook developes a brand, which is the name they are known by, then Bill comes along and registers facebookwhatever .com. Bill has registered that domain in bad faith, because he is intending to profit off someone elses Trademark. This is known as Cybersquatting. If he registers facerbook .com then he is Typo squatting, which is just as bad. Because other people do it, that does not mean that they are not cybersquatters, it just means that they haven't been caught yet.
Thanks, that is clear but that would mean that 99% of the names rgistered would be in contention to something, no matter how distant. Now, with Halo, the dot com and dot net redirect to haloleewayne.com so nothing to do with xbox games, the org redirects to halofoundation.org, the info is a parked page on sedo, the dot de is a web design site and the co uk is an event services company, so not one of these refer even remotely to xbox games. So, who is in TM violation here, or are they all? No wonder i'm in doubt when i see something that looks interesting.

•••
ok I'll do my best.

Take the word Acorn.
Acorn .com sells computers, they take out a TM for Acorn in the niche of computers.

Acorn .net sells washing machines, they take out a TM for Acorn in the niche of washing machines.

Acorn .org - are a charity to help starving kids

Acorn .info - Information site about oak trees & acorns.

As long as they don't encroach on the other uses, they are all ok.

(These are all made up by the way)

Now if you register Acorn .biz (or a cctld) and either park it showing ads for computers, washing machines, kids charity etc or develop it selling computers, washing machines, etc then you are infringeing on a Tm.

•••
I'm # 2 on Googgle. 3d101.org

3d computer kit.com #1 & #2
3d favicons.com #1 & #2
3d tv kit.com #2
3d virtual goods.com #3 & #4
3d minisites #4
3d pastimes #8
3d capsule page 3

For what it's worth :lol:

•••
ok I'll do my best.

Take the word Acorn.
Acorn .com sells computers, they take out a TM for Acorn in the niche of computers.

Acorn .net sells washing machines, they take out a TM for Acorn in the niche of washing machines.

Acorn .org - are a charity to help starving kids

Acorn .info - Information site about oak trees & acorns.

As long as they don't encroach on the other uses, they are all ok.

(These are all made up by the way)

Now if you register Acorn .biz (or a cctld) and either park it showing ads for computers, washing machines, kids charity etc or develop it selling computers, washing machines, etc then you are infringeing on a Tm.
Many thanks exsedo for your time to clarify. Very clear. I will ensure the names do not encroach on any TM's.

Have just regged these 3 coms:-
3dregistry aged but forget how old
file3d first regged 2001 - 47 archived entries

These 2 infos must be worth the $2. Both aged
3dplan and 3dplans

If anybody tells me there are TM issues with these i'll scream!!

Last edited:
•••
And another
3donlinetrading dot com

•••
•••
time to stop regging i suggest

•••
I registered this domain a few days ago:

conquer3d.com (Conquer3D)

It seemed like a nice name to register, let's see how much it fetches. :/

•••
•••
Not sure why my last post was deleted but the above news is very welcome and searching for 3D news now seems to always be changing or improving daily. I can't wait for the World Cup to start and really showcase the technology to the masses.

Footy + Beer + Mates = Quality.

•••
Hey 3D Fans,

I jumped on this wave a few months back and grabbed IDK, 30 or so 3D domains. Well, I was just playing in my Sedo acount, and as I suspected there is some recent 3D action w/some of my 3D domains.

Of course the uniques are going up, but the nay-sayers can always argue that may be domainer search views, which I could agree with but more imnportantly the clicks are coming in pretty good now.

I have 3 3D Domains that have gotten some decent clicks this past week (one 18 cent click - woo hoo) and the funny thing is they are not my best 3D domains, as in views.

No offers as of yet, but a few clicks on some of my sales page's so...who knows.

I haven't kept up with this thread lately so I will have to go back and read the last 10 pages or so one day soon just to see if that is happening w/you guys too.

I just thought that was interesting and wanted to share that with you guys.

Good Luck,
Vito

•••
•••
This just finally hit my account

... what do you all think of this one?

• 3dVideoGames.info

•••

• 3dVideoGames.info

3D video games is nice, but I am not a fan of .info
Heck, its hard enough to sell .coms :'(

•••

• 3dVideoGames.info

Agree with exsedo on the extension, but this one is begging for development, especially with the speculation here that 3d games will be big (which I agree). If you could rank this well for the exact keyword when/if it hits it could be nice for you.....good luck with it

•••
Why is my post deleted?

This is the 3D Showcase thread.
I posted my 3d domain, with the website I made for it.
Why would that get deleted?

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

I finished a new 3d site. The address is in my signature. 3d television.
Thanks for looking.

•••
Why is my post deleted?

This is the 3D Showcase thread.
I posted my 3d domain, with the website I made for it.
Why would that get deleted?

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

I finished a new 3d site. The address is in my signature. 3d television.
Thanks for looking.

If you want your website reviewed, please use the appropriate forum
You can't post a link to it here. Name yes, link...no.

•••
Hey 3D Fans,

I jumped on this wave a few months back and grabbed IDK, 30 or so 3D domains. Well, I was just playing in my Sedo acount, and as I suspected there is some recent 3D action w/some of my 3D domains.

Of course the uniques are going up, but the nay-sayers can always argue that may be domainer search views, which I could agree with but more imnportantly the clicks are coming in pretty good now.

I have 3 3D Domains that have gotten some decent clicks this past week (one 18 cent click - woo hoo) and the funny thing is they are not my best 3D domains, as in views.

No offers as of yet, but a few clicks on some of my sales page's so...who knows.

I haven't kept up with this thread lately so I will have to go back and read the last 10 pages or so one day soon just to see if that is happening w/you guys too.

I just thought that was interesting and wanted to share that with you guys.

Good Luck,
Vito

got a 92 cent click on 3dgame/com/au .......:bingo:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Looked through my mail inserts this week.

Saw ONE 3D logo... it was small, tucked in the corner.

Asked someone I know in the TV industry what happened. The market is not there, the technology isn't ready, the content isn't ready... they were building early hype on the back of Avatar.

Don't misunderstand. They didn't say 3D was going away.

I just thought that the 3D marketing took a HUGE downward swing in my market. Looks like the short term hold might be a longer term hold.

For the record - I do have some 3D domains and about five 4D domains..FTW!

•••
Looked through my mail inserts this week.

Saw ONE 3D logo... it was small, tucked in the corner.

Asked someone I know in the TV industry what happened. The market is not there, the technology isn't ready, the content isn't ready... they were building early hype on the back of Avatar.

Don't misunderstand. They didn't say 3D was going away.

I just thought that the 3D marketing took a HUGE downward swing in my market. Looks like the short term hold might be a longer term hold.

For the record - I do have some 3D domains and about five 4D domains..FTW!

In australia we are getting reports of upcoming sporting events being broadcast in 3d

•••
In australia we are getting reports of upcoming sporting events being broadcast in 3d

I hear talk of some sports. It's just weird... 4 weeks ago it was a advertising BLITZ.. my paper was NOTHING but 3D.

This week it was EVERYTHING but 3D.

Just thought it odd.

Sports is the only thing I really hear about. I haven't heard anything on the French Open though. Content is a few years out - and with TV companies being squeezed as it is it's hard to see where it would be justified.

I do expect another blitz aligned with the next major motion picture in 3d though. I just question motives when it's inconsistent like this.

•••
myspace3dlayouts dot com a bit long but meanigful i guess

Anybody getting clicks? Starting to get a couple now after a couple of weeks on sedo.

2 clicks
3dhalo dot com

1 click
3dblogspot dot com
3dbusinessopportunities dot com
3dnudeteen dot com (sorry ladies)

3dhighdefinitiontv.com 61

3dvancouver.com 8

3dtvlinks.com 7

3dmultimedia.ca 6

sex3d.ca 2

3dstreamingmovie.com 2

3dhometheatres.org 1

3dhometheatres.tv 1

3dhometheatre.tv 1

•••
•••
hey guys

will report a few 3d sales..just so busy here in Vancouver

David

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back