Dynadot

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please check out my new 3D Portfolio display. at 3DKing.us

•••
Please check out my new 3D Portfolio display. at 3DKing.us

Looks OK, but I really dont like flesh sites. If nothing else, they are horrible for SEO, and I would say SEO is very important for portfolio sites, especially for niche domain sites (like 3D domains), where you could compete 'easily' for third+ google pages.

•••
•••
•••
Its gone now in com, net, and co.uk
would have been a good reg I reckon. Clearer images of the crims.

Taken does not equate to good IMHO :notme:

I have been hovering over this one for a couple of weeks, and I just decided tonight to pull the trigger.
Quite a few uses for it I think.

RegFee++/++ for this informal sub-classified .com vanity niche.:music:

•••
•••
•••
•••
Wow.. some honesty.. HOW suitably REFRESHING.

Honest opposing views are welcome here, opinions and level headed discussions are both respected and appreciated.

•••
•••
Glad you hate it, I may develop to prove how right you are lol. :lol:

haha, maybe 1 day i will look at your site and say wow, why didnt i think of that :)

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

3d refreshing!

that made me laugh !

•••
3d00 dot com

Why? Dunno, because it was there i suppose.

Ex Chinese media site about 7 yrs old.
Might be worth something to someone!!!

Another "refreshingly horibble" name which you will all hate.

•••
Picked up 3dcars.org the other day. I think it has potential.

What potential do you see? Please explain why you regged it. Time to get some balanced perspective around these parts.

I tend to agree with you here as I thought cars where already 3D?

With 3d computers and monitors getting ready to hit the market in the near future there will be 3d websites associated with that. The Automobile industry is huge and people shop and do research online for cars. I think if people could shop for cars and view them in 3d on the computer it will be a big market. This applies to anything else as well.It could be used for other things in mind as well but that is where I see the biggest potential.

Well, you were right, pjam, and perhaps sooner than you thought you would be.

The 3D Online Automotive Showroom is here... and it looks *pretty* freakn sweet!

"PSCars.com offers a real world showroom experience like no other. Visiting individual dealerships can be time consuming. At PSCars.com our highly visual 3D custom showrooms allow you to look through any brand’s latest models and find the car you are interested in without leaving the comforts of your home.

Finally, after researching and comparing your car in this new highly advanced CAR CONFIGURATOR, you can build your new or used car to your specifications in our 3D warehouse. You select your interior and exterior colors, options and packages, and other specific details."

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Latest reg:

ingame3D.com
814,000 exact results

Thinking:
for marketing of in game 3D models, scenes, characters, props, buildings, environments, vehicles, etc.

And, for in game 3d screenshots, captures, trailers, ads, chat, etc.

•••
decided to reg v3d.tv (virtual, video, vision etc )

•••
You've been here going on three years and in that three years time, still haven't figured out the absolute, most barest-bones basics of what constitutes a TM domain? It's hard to call yourself a 'noob' when you've been participating on a domain forum at least that long.

The 'logic' behind TM's and domains isn't that complex and you don't really need to be a lawyer to understand the rudimentary aspects of what's going on...

You cannot use or register a domain name that is similar (or exactly matching) to a trademarked term...

For the record... your username, "Jaco", used with the picture of (the late great) Jaco Pastorius... one of the top name brands in the history of jazz musicians, is likely in violation of a trademark held by Jaco Pastorius, Inc., which covers "commentary and articles about music on-line via a global computer network" -as your posts do comment about music on various occasions.

Now, for all I know, you could be Jaco Pastorius, Inc., but in the event that your not... isn't it best to lead by example?

•••
•••
For the record... your username, "Jaco", used with the picture of (the late great) Jaco Pastorius... one of the top name brands in the history of jazz musicians, is likely in violation of a trademark held by Jaco Pastorius, Inc., which covers "commentary and articles about music on-line via a global computer network" -as your posts do comment about music on various occasions.

Now, for all I know, you could be Jaco Pastorius, Inc., but in the event that your not... isn't it best to lead by example?

Nope. You totally don't understand trademark law.

But I changed my avatar, just for you.

If anyone has a TM on the "dumping money down the toilet" pic, let me know. I'm pretty sure there is a creative-commons image of lighting money on fire that would work equally well.

•••
Last edited:
•••
S3DComputer.com
3DPCSoftware.com
3DComputersoftware.co.uk

Another subcategorization of a pseudo-subcategory domain :radio:.
Perhaps with the unproven 3D market, one should avoid the S3D market especially in light of the fact that A3D would potentially be a better choice B-)

•••
•••
•••
Well, you were right, pjam, and perhaps sooner than you thought you would be.

The 3D Online Automotive Showroom is here... and it looks *pretty* freakn sweet!

"PSCars.com offers a real world showroom experience like no other. Visiting individual dealerships can be time consuming. At PSCars.com our highly visual 3D custom showrooms allow you to look through any brand’s latest models and find the car you are interested in without leaving the comforts of your home.

Finally, after researching and comparing your car in this new highly advanced CAR CONFIGURATOR, you can build your new or used car to your specifications in our 3D warehouse. You select your interior and exterior colors, options and packages, and other specific details."

Never doubted 3dCars PJam...
i also have

• 3dCar.us
• 3dCars.us

and as for the article above, i definitely saw the auto industry coming as a ways to really capitalize on 3d and online commerce.

I grabbed:
• 3dCarBuyer.com

and i speculated a few steps further and grabbed
• 3dTestDrive.com

I thought this was the greatest idea - Test Drive a car - ON the web - Game style - in 3D vision... picture the different locations you would be able to test drive your car in - all three dimensional controls and dashboard... man, that would be killer!

I think if this name finds the right hands, is developed as noted or something similar, it could be one of the best things going in 3d web/commerce. Talk about a breakthrough.

I Love It!!

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

3DChannels.TV was re-disgned. Trying to make it cool.

Love the name Mark .. u have to be proud of this one :)

try to tell your story a little more on that landing page .. at least a solid paragraph of something related - not sure what the site is about, exactly - do you make logo's, or are you a tv channel source?

.. use a little more text in your landing page.. text for the spiders to grab (don't confuse 'text' in an image or flash file with live text in html)

and having flash files "embedded" is not so bad as having a full flash site.. this appears to be only embedded so this is fine

i think it's great mark .. i think once the content picks up and that site is filled with real 3d channels, this will be killer ..i wish you the best of luck with it!

•••
A few good 3Ds, I think...

Also fairly new in this arena but figured a good place to start...

3diphoneapp.com

3diphonemovies.com

allthings3d.com

applein3d.com

at3d.net

idig3d.com

iphonein3d.com

•••
Another subcategorization of a pseudo-subcategory domain :radio:.
Perhaps with the unproven 3D market, one should avoid the S3D market especially in light of the fact that A3D would potentially be a better choice B-)

What are you talking about? I think I am missing something here, and I'm sure once you explain it, I will thank you. A3D is some company's attempt at 3 dimensional sound.. what is that you say.. I dunno, couldn't be bothered to read the rest of the article once I realised it had nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

S3D, however, is an interesting beast as pointed out in the article posted by funky Mark... Stereoscopic 3D PC market: $0 to $34 billion in 4 years | TG Daily

Wow! That's alot of revenue in 4 years time for Stereoscopic 3D!

Excerpt from the article... "...The new stereoscopic 3D home standard is not just heading to your TV, it's also making its way to the PC market. And analysts predict that as many as 75 million 3D PCs will be sold in the next 4 years.

Jon Peddie Research has released a report that suggests a very rapid adoption of stereoscopic 3D (S3D) computers. The research firm predicts that the market, which hardly even exists at this point, will explode - from less than one million units sold in 2010 to a staggering 75 million by 2014...."

Now call me nuts... but I think for 7 bucks and change...
S3DComputer.com is a hell of a reg.

Defaultuser, please tell me how A3D is better.. I must be missing something here...

Saucey ;)

Here's a great article..

http://games.venturebeat.com/2010/05/30/nvidia-makes-its-case-for-3d-glasses-for-the-pc/

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

3diphoneapp.com

3diphonemovies.com

allthings3d.com

applein3d.com

at3d.net

idig3d.com

iphonein3d.com

I like the first two... but not sure about TM issues.

Good Luck.

BTW... grabbed a couple more..

3DComputerParts.com
3DCellulars.com (not crazy about it..)
3DMedicalSofware.com
3DPCParts.com

S3DCad.com
S3DVideogame.com

Thoughts? In my opinion, they all have a market.. but I may be biased.

Cheers! ;)

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Anyone live in New York, or going to be there towards the end of September?

3 Day 3D Expo.

… The 3D Experience, Times Square …

Last edited:
•••

3diphoneapp.com

3diphonemovies.com

allthings3d.com

applein3d.com

at3d.net

idig3d.com

iphonein3d.com

3diphoneapp.com

3diphonemovies.com

applein3d.com

iphonein3d.com

Those 4 domains are TM's.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back