IT.COM

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Note to self: read PMs before new posts.

Last edited:
•••
3dcontentprovider
3dcontentproviders

damit i just keep regging

•••
•••
My latest domain

3DComputer.net

Ay thoughts, do its think its better than the plural??

•••
•••
•••
My Latest Regs:
3D101.org

Trusted3D.com (No Fake 3D Sites)
3DTrusted.com

BluRay-3D.com (old reg, but some developed the dot .de, and Im getting type ins now on it. Seems what we think is Backwards, may be how other countries may speak.

Bluray-3d.com congrats :gn:

Regards
R.C.S
3dmovie.com
3dhometheater.com

•••
3dmustang dot com

Cars/planes...has current 3d mustange images, animated wallpapers, models etc on google.

•••
•••
Not familiar with the .us market... but I think it's potentially a strong reg!

Any feedback for me on 3DComputerProgram/com and 3DComputerPrograms/com??

Have a few more hours for grace delete.. ;)

•••
Not familiar with the .us market... but I think it's potentially a strong reg!

Any feedback for me on 3DComputerProgram/com and 3DComputerPrograms/com??

Have a few more hours for grace delete.. ;)

TBH not mad keen on them mate. Then again, i wouldn't've regged 3dUnderground. Just go with your gut feeling.:]

•••
i think the 'computer' is redundant, 3d programs would be good tho

•••
Tech News Daily gives a look at the coming demand for 3D cameras

3-D Cameras High on Consumer Wish List

"almost 80 percent believe they will be taking 3-D video or capturing 3-D photos of family events within the next five years."

Now I'm thinking I priced my 3D camera domains a bit too low.

•••
•••
After reading that article, I saw this paragraph and thought I would take a little punt, might have just wasted my money but we'll see??

Vacation tops the list of events worthy of 3-D treatment at 65 percent, while milestone events like birthdays, weddings, graduations and the arrival of new babies captured the interest of less than 15 percent of respondents.

3DBirthdays.com
3DGraduation.com
3DGraduations.com

•••
"TV 3d" already has 40,000 searches
... dot us or not, i am absolutely THRILLED to add this one - for $2.99, no less :)

- - -
and laugh, once again, at my last claim to be DONE buying, but i had to bring these back with me as well, for once the market heats up, these will all become viable options without having to pay high $xx,xxx:

• TELEVISION-3D.US

• GAME-3D.US

• GAMES-3D.US

• PC3D.US

• 3D-COMPUTER.US

• COMPUTER3D.US

• TELEVISIONEN3D.INFO

• TV3-D.INFO

• COMPUTER3D.INFO

Tech News Daily gives a look at the coming demand for 3D cameras

3-D Cameras High on Consumer Wish List

"almost 80 percent believe they will be taking 3-D video or capturing 3-D photos of family events within the next five years."

Now I'm thinking I priced my 3D camera domains a bit too low.

Much early on i grabbed:

• 3dDSLRCamera.com

• 3dDSLRCameras.com

• 3dSLRCameras.com

•••
Fantastic Infos for all 3d Domainers.

Roxio - Consumer 3D Survey Results

In March 2010, Roxio conducted a 3D survey. The web-based survey asked a series of questions to measure consumer interest in 3D for home entertainment and personal media enjoyment. The web-based survey collected responses from almost 2000 U.S. residents.

Roxio's 3D survey revealed a significant amount of consumer interest in not only watching 3D entertainment in the home, but also capturing and enjoying personal photos and home movies in 3D.

Of those polled, 84 percent indicated they are interested in viewing Hollywood 3D movies in the home.

3D Home Entertainment Findings
The Roxio 3D survey revealed some of the movies, popular TV shows and key sporting events that consumers would be most interested in viewing in 3D.

Regards
R.C.S
3dmovie.com
3dhometheater.com

•••
you guys should stop smokin so much of the funny stuff....

C21Media:

•••
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the pm's..I know many of you are new domainers and are looking for help..my Pm box is full with requests.for help

Give me a moment and I will respond, and try and point you in the right direction.

Just to the few whom have pmed asking how many 3D domains I own.... I purchased around 20 in January at reg fee and three from snapnames
I currently have around 6 left which I will be keeping and have a development plan on each one.
I don't just sell 3D...I am a domainer so I sell anything that creates a ROI...simple.

The most important question you should ask yourself... when registering a domain is would you buy it and why..

Good luck on your 3D Sales
David

•••
you guys should stop smokin so much of the funny stuff....
C21Media:

Welcome and thanks for the link... which leads to Informa Telecoms & Media Global 3D TV Forecast Report, "3D TV: Game changer or white elephant", that states...

-- "although television set manufacturers, content owners, broadcasters, pay-TV platforms and satellite operators are all embracing the latest consumer TV technology, 3D is expected to be in just 22.5 million TV homes - 1.6% of the total - by 2015."

Then it lists some of the reasons why:
-- "the absence of a glasses-free system for watching 3D TV would constrain growth. Other factors include a lack of content, high production costs, scarcity of channels, bandwidth constraints and the high cost of 3D TV sets..."

Simon Murray, Informa Telecoms Principal, Media Analyst, claims this is "our in-depth analysis...".

Well, Simon, to quote Samuel Jackson's character in Pulp Fiction... "Allow me to retort!"

1). The report does not consider IPTV delivery of 3D TV to the home. For example, Google recently introduced a 3D browser plug-in for the new EarthView feature in Google maps. This is a small, high quality, cross-platform, javascript plugin. This EarthView video has been up 2 weeks and has over 1.5 million views -at this rate it will have reached the 22 million homes mark in 7 months, not 2015. Also, keep in mind Google TV is set to launch very soon -perhaps this month!

2). The report does not consider 3D TV via mobile phones and other web devices like the iPad.
2a). These do NOT require glasses.
2b). Price is not a significant barrier.
2c). Software converts 2D content into 3D content, so "content scarcity" is more scare than fair. For these reasons MIT's Technology Review states: "That's why mobile multimedia devices are likely to win the race to bring 3-D into the mainstream"

"Released in South Korea in March, Samsung's W960 mobile phone comes with 3-D video content, generated by Dynamic Digital Depth [of Perth, Australia BTW], that can be viewed without special glasses. Dynamic Digital Depth expects that its software to convert 2-D games to 3-D on the fly will be built into phones within the next two years."

2d). Regarding new content, the "expensive to produce" line also does not hold much water when even small independent producers are bringing product to market:

Meet Meline - Full movie
"Meet Meline is a 3D animated short film created independently and without any budget."

So, Wayne, something got 'smoked' allright!:D

EDIT: Adding link to 3D EarthView in 'movie mode' to give an idea of how it would look in a 'TV show' rendering. (note, they flatten the cars to avoid blurring out license plates one at a time)(Also, switch to HD)(and, the 03D format is faster and renders even better quality, than javascript, but its not cross-platform... Yet).

Last edited:
•••
--

Last edited:
•••
I got

3dgamespc.com
3dgeographic.com
3dgeographics.com

Is it just me or could you see google buying this for some kind of "google caves" product? :lol:

•••
--

Last edited:
•••
3dgeographic could be a good name to develop

•••
Hello everyone,

Im a bit late joining in the "3D" party, just managed to buy on sedo this domain for £78, I would like to know what you all think

3D.ORG.ES

thanks

:blink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back