Dynadot

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Saw gumf on this a while ago and regged 3dsvideo dot com then.

Could be worthy of a few bucks! Everyone on here is quite paranoid of TM infringement, but I don't think that would be considered a prob..

Good Luck!

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I hand regged a 3d domain for $1.99 at Godaddy then someone contacted me through whois directly and offered me $1500.

I countered with $10K. We settled for $2K but I could have gone more.

It's all about knowing what you're doing... or something

WTG! Nice freakin' sale buddy!

•••
I hand regged a 3d domain for $1.99 at Godaddy then someone contacted me through whois directly and offered me $1500.

I countered with $10K. We settled for $2K but I could have gone more.

It's all about knowing what you're doing... or something
It's the "or something" that really confuses me!!! Well done.

What genre were they in...adult, videos, cams, games, movies etc?

•••
saucy decided to give you a 3d rep

•••
•••
" don't laugh - these two names are ALWAYS in my top five most viewed pages of the month."

One of my 3D names has the best traffic stats overall, and five of them are in the top 10.
Also my 3D names are getting quite a few views to the offer pages.

•••
The world’s first Full LED 3D TV comes in just under $5k

"The ultimate platform for 3D viewing, LG’s LX9500 was officially launched today and will retail at $4,900 USD (55-inch) and $3,539 USD (47-inch).

10 years from now, when 3D TVs are common, you'll tell some kid you were born before 3D TVs only to hear "Man, Your OLD!!"

•••
Last edited:
•••

"The ultimate platform for 3D viewing, LG’s LX9500 was officially launched today and will retail at $4,900 USD (55-inch) and $3,539 USD (47-inch).

10 years from now, when 3D TVs are common, you'll tell some kid you were born before 3D TVs only to hear "Man, Your OLD!!"

wow 5k ............ looks like 3d wont be common anytime soon !

•••
Just registered:

3DVirtualGlasses.com

•••

Samsung 55" Series 7 1080p 240Hz LED 3DTV Price: $3,699.99 Samsung 46" Series 7 1080p 240Hz LED 3DTV Price: $2,899.99
(Vancouver)

Last edited:
•••
One of the top electrical retailers in the UK has already started the price war in 3D tv sales, knocking £144 off the retail price of samsung 3D tv sets. They are also selling 3D shutter glasses at nearly half price

•••
10 years from now, when 3D TVs are common
The only way 3DTVs will be common in 10 years is if 3D at some point is dropped as a premium feature and is just included on most TVs, standard.

That in turn depends on national TV's 3D programming. If they don't routinely broadcast 3D content, the big push by consumers for 3DTVs won't come and it will remain a premium feature. Imagine the trouble of getting HDTVs sold if there were few shows in HD.

I think we are going to see something similar to 5.1 surround sound. Bose was the first to take this mainstream in the US back in the mid-90's. Fifteen years later 5.1 is still a wow factor item that the vast majority will not buy.

3D, like 5.1, adds an extra layer to the viewing experience, but is not a critical component like HD is.

•••
Current 3D domains in Sedo auction (less than 2 days):

3DNotebooks.net 60 GBP
3DBlurayPlayers.co.uk 70 GBP
3DMap.net 170 EU

Note: none are mine.

•••
The only way 3DTVs will be common in 10 years is if 3D at some point is dropped as a premium feature and is just included on most TVs, standard.

That in turn depends on national TV's 3D programming. If they don't routinely broadcast 3D content, the big push by consumers for 3DTVs won't come and it will remain a premium feature. Imagine the trouble of getting HDTVs sold if there were few shows in HD.

I think we are going to see something similar to 5.1 surround sound. Bose was the first to take this mainstream in the US back in the mid-90's. Fifteen years later 5.1 is still a wow factor item that the vast majority will not buy.

3D, like 5.1, adds an extra layer to the viewing experience, but is not a critical component like HD is.

From what I have seen in the UK, Samsung is the only one pushing the 3D aspect with their tv ad. Having said that, I think they are the only manufacturer with a 3D set actually on the market here.
I'll reserve my judgement until all the others get their products out on the shelves. One thing's for sure, we're gonna see some pretty awesome ads.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
mitsubishi also have 3dtvs for sale , i have one listed on 3dtvs.tv ..(amazon ad)

i doubt it will take 10 for the critical mass acceptance of 3d tv , i think closer to 3-5 now that you can buy projectors and blurays

•••
actually 3d has been around for a long ass time, its only thanks to that pocahontas avatar that its becoming mainstream now ??

•••

Well the 3D TV spectrum is pretty wide, from mobile tv -phones, laptops and now tablets (Goog is widely expected to drop a 3D tab this summer), to desktop TV to home screens, including consoles.

In this sense "3D TV" is already common as virtually anybody with access to the web can experience various forms of 3D.

If you want to isolate the home tv market and only consider the highend 3D TV sets... the price is expected to drop dramtically after a few years of "premium" pickings by the OEMs. Some reports claim $500 dollar 3DTV sets in five years.

venturebeat.com/2010/03/01/3d-tv-forecast-sales-will-rise-tenfold-in-next-five-years

"... it’s likely that TV makers will soon start adding 3D support to inexpensive models, rather than keeping it a premium feature. If you can buy a 3D set in five years for, say, $500, iSuppli’s forecast for a tenfold increase in the number of sets bought by home viewers in 2015 doesn’t seem like a stretch."

Also, while the 5.1 audio analogy is fair, I don't think a audio drives a "visual buy" experience. A better example, which also has the "premium price" hurdle is... ten years ago virtually every household had dial-up. Today broadband is common because it delivers the visual web, gaming to HDTV -if your connection is fast enough.

From DSL, to Cable to Fiber, people pay a huge premium, compared to the cost of dial-up (which they can still get), so they can essentially experience internet television.

3D content also covers a wide quality spectrum and also is not an issue as software can convert 2D into 3D on the fly.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Got 3DHomeEntertainmentSystems.com and 3DHomeTheaterSystems.net to go along with 3DHomeTheater.tv. They're long but its what some of the ads are calling these things. For the tvs, acquired 3-dtv.info

•••
Thinking of registering a few more 3D domains....

•••
•••
My 3Ds :
3Dauthor.com
Superb3D.com

•••
Current 3D domains in Sedo auction (less than 2 days):

3DNotebooks.net 60 GBP
3DBlurayPlayers.co.uk 70 GBP
3DMap.net 170 EU

All of them are great, only 5 hrs left on the notebook one, bet that goes for £xxx , cant see it selling for £70 (current price) , I also like 3d-map.net, is anyone going for these? Or do people here keep their cards close to their chest???

Last edited:
•••
All of them are great, only 5 hrs left on the notebook one, bet that goes for £xxx , cant see it selling for £70 (current price) , I also like 3dmap.net, is anyone going for these? Or do people here keep their cards close to their chest???

3d-map.net is on sedo auction, not 3dmap (170eur bid).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back