NameSilo

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Currently at Sedo...
.................................................B ids
3-d.com.............500,000.. $US......12

3dmoviereviews.com..300..$US........1

3dfashion.com...........500..$US........1 .......only one i saw at auction

3d.at........................321.EUR..........1

3d.cd......................1,000.EUR.........1

Also 3d.net has 8 bids, but the price is not avail...

Hey saucy for someone who has stop the misinformation in their signature , i might point out to you that some of these are not bids ..........these are offers made over time , a bid is made in an auction these names are not on auction ? i only saw a couple from above at auction ?

3d ..... stop the misinformation !

They all popped up this afternoon when I typed in 3d. The first one.. 3-d.com was finishing in 13min.

I had to put all the stupid dot's in 'cause otherwise it showed up all jumbled up when I pasted it in here.

Brad brought up a point that I was unaware of, but have since been informed of... Using 3-d.com as an example.. the $500 000 price may NOT be the price of the highest bid. That is the amount the seller would like... the 12 bids may be for only a couple of hundred bucks... it's a blind auction I guess.. It is up to the seller to accept a high bid, or not. I guess if it hits his asking price he would be obligated to sell, but anything less is called a bid but is nothing more than an offer really....

•••
Some nice selling points

So taking the pros and cons of what is available, how can an 3DTV marketers convince people to upgrade?

1) Gaming in 3D at home: Hardcore PC gamers had an advantage over console gamers for many years now. Those in the know, could run games in full 3D for quite a few years before 3D became a household name. Recently Sony has announced that via a firmware update, the popular Playstation console can output true 3d. This will mean that no new version of the gaming console need to be bought to enable it to output 3D. The playstation already has a built in Blue-Ray disc player as well. This is one big reason for upgrading to a 3D TV, to enjoy an immersive gaming experience.

2) Homework in 3D : Finally there is a great way of getting kids to do their homework! and enjoy doing it at the same time. The same suspension of disbelief that occurs when watching a 3D movie, is possible when watching educational material on a 3DTV, such as Geography, History and Nature documentaries. Children will love their home assignments and absorb more if they are immersed in a 3D experience. They say the difference between Stereoscopic 3D (the correct term for 3D in this context) and 2D visualization for scientists and doctors is like black and white versus Color TV in their area of work. A Lesson produced in 3D will have the same engaging effect on Children. The Play Station may just be dubbed the Study Station within the next few years, as real-time educational 3D content is produced.

User created Home 3DTV content
3) Family Photo Albums and 3D Home Videos: One great way to overcome any lack of 3D Content is to have the consumer create their own. A basic two lens 3D Camcorder or something like the FujiFilm FinePix Real 3D camera should be bundled with every 3DTV set, to at least kick-start the 3D content shortage. There is a feeling of nostalgia when 10 years down the line you relive a very real scene of a child’s first birthday party in a 3D photograph on the home 3DTV system. Vacation videos allow you to re-live the whole experience. These are very strong emotional hooks that are at the disposal of Advertisers to convince consumers to upgrade to 3DTV systems.

4) Family Hour over Connected 3D TV: Connected TV is the new buzz word in television content consumption. New TV sets will now contain embedded chip-sets that can stream made for TV versions of sites such as Youtube and NetFlix. Connected TV implies that there will be two way communication, mostly via broadband networks. This has been something that companies like Microsoft have been hoping for with their Windows Media Center operating system and the 10 foot user interface project. With broadband and connectivity becoming affordable and available, a new use for the 3DTV can be found. To virtually bridge the distance between family members.

Senior Citizens living across town, in another city or even another country, can sit down during “family time” and interact via broadband and simple devices such as stereoscopic 3D webcams like the Minoru Webcam. While it may not be comfortable to wear 3D glasses while having Virtual Dinners as shown in the first picture in this article (image © Accenture), the depth and realism of 3DTV can bring much joy to older family members who may be living on their own. A few years ago companies such as Accenture had introduced such family collaboration projects. With 3D TV the experience can be more fulfilling to all participants.

3D TV is no doubt here to stay. Getting people to adopt this emotionally satisfying technology should be a priority with the right approach and while allowing it to “make meaning” in some way. Creative use of Technology in introducing 3DTV will make it a must have sooner rather than it waiting on a wish list for a majority of the public.

Looking good for my 3DTV.ae

http://www.business24-7.ae/companie...to-go-3d-in-second-quarter-2010-03-29-1.76952

Last edited:
•••
They all popped up this afternoon when I typed in 3d. The first one.. 3-d.com was finishing in 13min.

I had to put all the stupid dot's in 'cause otherwise it showed up all jumbled up when I pasted it in here.

Brad brought up a point that I was unaware of, but have since been informed of... Using 3-d.com as an example.. the $500 000 price may NOT be the price of the highest bid. That is the amount the seller would like... the 12 bids may be for only a couple of hundred bucks... it's a blind auction I guess.. It is up to the seller to accept a high bid, or not. I guess if it hits his asking price he would be obligated to sell, but anything less is called a bid but is nothing more than an offer really....

Sedo dont do blind auctions ???

the only name i found on auction was 3dfashion , although i did see 3dmoviereviews last week i think it sold at $300

But there is no auction for 3-d.com .......only offers made in the past

•••
FYI - 3DTV.co.uk, a name that was purchased by Zycon.co.uk for £15,000 ($22,650) in a private transaction.

•••
just sold a pair

both.com

celular " cellular in Portuguese "

celular3d
3dcelular

$500

my total 3D sales since I regged my first one in Late January 2010 is just over $3k and cost's were all reg fee.

This extra cash $3k just goes towards another lll.com/or a short generic domain.

I guess whilst many people are holding onto there 3D Domains..waiting for the big million dollar sale I am cleaning up :sold:

If you want to become a Millionaire..like my father told me work Smart not Hard.

•••
Good job D-K!!!!! Keep going :D :bingo:

just sold a pair

both.com

celular3d
3dcelular

$500

my total 3D sales since I regged my first one in Late January 2010 is just over $3k and cost's were all reg fee.

This extra cash $3k just goes towards another lll.com/or a short generic domain.

I guess whilst many people are holding onto there 3D Domains..waiting for the big million dollar sale I am cleaning up :sold:

If you want to become a Millionaire..like my father told me work Smart not Hard.

•••
If anybody wants an available 3d domain

3dtvod.net, 3dtvod.org, 3dtvod.info is available.

•••
•••
just sold a pair

both.com

celular3d
3dcelular

$500

I guess whilst many people are holding onto there 3D Domains..waiting for the big million dollar sale I am cleaning up

Congrats mate, good work, I guess its making the time to hunt down the users and send the emails

I presume you are sending out emails ot them??

•••
•••
After reading that article I posted on 3DTV in the UAE, I thought I would grab one more

3-D.ae

I like it

•••
Just snagged

view3d.org and view3d.me

Any comments?

•••
Congrats mate, good work, I guess its making the time to hunt down the users and send the emails

I presume you are sending out emails ot them??

..Hi Mate most are listed on sedo the ones I am selling..but what has helped me..is that I own short generic domains and lll.com so everyday I get offers..usually lowballers most domainers don't bother replying back when they get low offers....

But I always reply back with my domain selling email..I now know this buyer has x amount of cash.. so I sell him/her what they could buy with this amount so I sell them my other domains and it works...

I am sure you all do this right? and that's what I've been doing since 98 and it works..you just need a domain selling email on the reply.

I don't really have time to chase new buyers..buyer's make contact I send them my year's of tweaking sellers email :sold: and I guess it works.

•••
D-K mind sending me a copy of said email? :imho:

•••
Just snagged

view3d.org and view3d.me

Any comments?

Thats pretty funny, I just picked up view3d.info yesterday.
I like the name.

•••

Snagged 3dtv3dtv.com today. I have a few "repeating" domains and thought this might be a good one to try out.

I was watching it on Namejet yesterday, but decided it wasn't worth $69.00 and just wait to see if it would drop. Well, it did, so I got it for reg fee.

If nothing else, I'm learning a lot about the drop process.

;)

•••

Snagged 3dtv3dtv.com today. I have a few "repeating" domains and thought this might be a good one to try out.

I was watching it on Namejet yesterday, but decided it wasn't worth $69.00 and just wait to see if it would drop. Well, it did, so I got it for reg fee.

If nothing else, I'm learning a lot about the drop process.

;)

i think i have seen a few names on auction at sedo lately with repeating words , sounds like a good strategy if you don't wish to pay the drop price ........wait and see

I got an email yesterday asking if i would like to sell 3dbikinimodels.com to which i relpied make your offer via sedo please , today i open up the hotmail and the same person had sent another email asking if i would accept $5,000 dolllars for the domain ? and all i had to do was get it appraised !!

Pity it was just a scam , the dudes name was joe orbiner or something like that , i replied telling himnot to take me for the fool and the appraisal scam was an old one indeed , i told him he is well known at namepros as a scammer ! So if you get an email from him ....now you know

i could have used used $5,000 but going by the sale of 3dtv.co.uk my 3dtv.tv will hopefully grow in value and when i am ready i will start to advertise it for sale

•••
.... and all i had to do was get it appraised !!

Pity it was just a scam , the dudes name was joe orbiner or something like that , i replied telling himnot to take me for the fool and the appraisal scam was an old one indeed , i told him he is well known at namepros as a scammer ! So if you get an email from him ....now you know

How long is that scam gonna go around.. LOL 4ever probably!

•••
•••
Hi guys I like 3d too. I think its got a great future and this is just the beginning. And so does .tv - its the next big thing in domain extensions.

I recently picked up the3d.tv, its3d.tv and wow3d.tv and have all listed for sale at sedo for 60$. This is the best time for listing at sedo so that one has a chance to putting up their .tv domains for auction.
And IMHO .tv with 3d in it is even better!

Ms Domainer - i think 3dtv3dtv sound cool too!

•••
Have i gone mad?

3-d.gd

Not sure what you paid for reg.... but my motto has always been.. "if you don't try, you'll never know". Having said that.... I'm in the hole! lol. :)

Todays reg's for The Almighty Saucey...... Went for the dreaded hyphen... Please, if any of you think these should be grace deleted let me know... and with reasons... I like 'em even with the stupid hyphen! hehehe..

3-dsex.net (I found it strange that the .com and .org were taken... but no the .net!?!?)

sex-3d.co.uk

Cheers!

•••
Same with me - "if you don't try, you'll never know" ...

and register 3DGamingStation

•••
i think i have seen a few names on auction at sedo lately with repeating words , sounds like a good strategy if you don't wish to pay the drop price ........wait and see

Yes, those repeating domains can be risky, so the repeating keyword term has to be a good one, AND the domain would need to be developed. Very few web searchers would actually type in a double term, so direct navigation is off the table.

"3d Tv" is a good, solid term, though.

Still, 3dtv3dtv is just speculative.

•••
yesterday I registered:

3dstore.tv

3डी.net
3차원.net
三次元.net
3डी.com

chinese,hindi,korean for 3d
What do you think?

•••
Peet2 they sound good to me!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back