Dynadot

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hear they're coming out with 4D soon.

•••
•••

Not for a while mate. The 4th dimension is time and no one has implemented that yet...

4D technology doesn't exist.

End of story.

•••

What 4D is would give you extra effects ie water, wind, moving seats, smell of explosives and the rest

How would you move 4D onto a website or Home experience?

•••
it was a late April fools joke ...

by the way, are keyword+in3d.com type of names any good?. like CityIn3D.com

•••
You got me there DNNinja :P

•••
4D technology doesn't exist.

End of story.

:lol: That's what I though too...and then I saw this
4D Technology pioneered the development of dynamic interferometry and leads the field today, bringing the accuracy and resolution of optical interferometry to new applications and environments.
it does exist and it does what D-K says
What 4D is would give you extra effects ie water, wind, moving seats, smell of explosives and the rest

See and feel vibrations/movement etc :o

•••

How would you move 4D onto a website or Home experience?

If so then I think disneyland is already into 4D and as for online, it needs to be in a closed in cubical or pod to really have a personal effect like those pods at Google but who knows I can imagine local theaters to create such 4D experience.

•••
If so then I think disneyland is already into 4D and as for online, it needs to be in a closed in cubical or pod to really have a personal effect like those pods at Google but who knows I can imagine local theaters to create such 4D experience.

They have 4D movies in Korean cinemas.

•••
•••
yes that's it. 3D is visual and 4D is physical ... yeah?.

•••
yes that's it. 3D is visual and 4D is physical ... yeah?.

Strictly speaking, the 4th dimension ( Time ) is unlikely to be cracked any time soon :imho:

But as some may agree, with enough money and effort behind it these simulators could be branded as 4 Dimentional.

ps. This is what inspired me to reg 3dcapsule .com

•••
I own

3Danime(.)tv

3Dcartoons(.)tv

3Dscreen(s)(.)tv

3Din(.)com

what do you think ? :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
3d wish list

If you were to rank the top 10 3D Domains, what would your top 10 list look like?

Or if you could own any 10 3D Domains, what would they be?

•••
L@@k at this link guys, you better all get registering 3d mobile gadgets!

Sharp Develops a 3D Screen for Mobile Gadgets - PCWorld

glad i regd

3DSMARTPHONE.CO.UK
3DSMARTPHONES.CO.UK
3DMOBILEPHONES.ORG
3DCELLPHONES.ORG
3DSCONSOLES.COM
3DSCONSOLES.CO.UK

YIPEEEEEEEEE!

P.S. 3DCELLPHONE.ORG IS STILL AVAILABLE!

Last edited:
•••

glad i regd

3DSMARTPHONE.CO.UK
3DSMARTPHONES.CO.UK
3DMOBILEPHONES.ORG
3DCELLPHONES.ORG

YIPEEEEEEEEE!

I'm not sure who refers to mobiles as cell phones but i've always referred to them as mobile phones or just mobiles.

3DMobile.org or 3DMobiles.org would have much better value imo.

•••
just regged two dot coms:

3DGameLand

and

3DGameRooms

:)

•••
•••

glad i regd

3DSMARTPHONE.CO.UK
3DSMARTPHONES.CO.UK
3DMOBILEPHONES.ORG
3DCELLPHONES.ORG
3DSCONSOLES.COM
3DSCONSOLES.CO.UK

YIPEEEEEEEEE!

Think I already mentioned I have 3dmobilephone.net, 3dcontractphone.com, 3dcontractphones.com 3dprepaidphones.com, 3dprepaidcellphones.com and a few other longtail 3d phone domains.

•••
This is not mine -- just thought I'd mention it here since it's topical:

Domain Name Auction for highquality3d.com on Bido.com

Starting at $28

It will be interesting to see how a realistically-priced 3D domain does on Bido, as opposed to all the shenaninames that keep getting posted in the four and five digit price ranges.

Frank

•••
Hi 3dDomainsName,
Nice work on your forum.
Well done.

Thanks Exsedo ... i hope i covered all the basis .. it seems like it could be a GREAT place to talk about the HUNDREDS of things that 3d will be applied to... hate to pester everybody, but i would love to get this up and running, so the more that join and converse, the merrier.

I will be giving some 3d info names away come the summertime as promo... hope to see u there.

Thanks again.

•••
posted by 3dDomainNames:
i don't think this is fair... that's not exactly a great name, by any means.

No, it's not stellar; but on the other hand, it isn't being put up at say $500 or $1,500 or $5,000 or more as many of the other 3D names at Bido are. And it's almost as good as sex.com if one compares it to some of those domains (not saying all or even the majority of them are crap, but if you scan the market you'll see what I'm talking about with the silly prices for these names.)

Frank

•••
posted by 3dDomainNames:

No, it's not stellar; but on the other hand, it isn't being put up at say $500 or $1,500 or $5,000 or more as many of the other 3D names at Bido are. And it's almost as good as sex.com if one compares it to some of those domains (not saying all or even the majority of them are crap, but if you scan the market you'll see what I'm talking about with the silly prices for these names.)

Frank

I do understand, believe me .. but not everyting is like that .. check godaddy as well and you will see a bunch of names as decent or better sitting there for $10... i know the others are OUT OF THEIR MINDS with some of the figures... this just happened to me the other day...

.. i won't say the name on the board, but i saw a name on sedo that i liked... pertained to MY NAME (wink, wink) ... there was no minimium offer or asking price, so i'm GOING to put the lowest number possible, which was $60

.. fair enough, let's see what he says ...

.. i get an email back form sedo with the seller's ASKING price
... $10,000

.. that ticked me off a bit...
ticked me off even more becuase the guy wasn't exactly bright
... he slapped that asking price out there while the DOT NET was even still available
.. so i bought the dot net - countered with $60.01 and told him i just bought the dot net, so good luck to ya!!

haha
... ironically, i helped him out by buying the dot net, but still .. that's a ridiculous number to ask as a counter - slap in the face kinda number... so yes, i DO understand what you are talking about.

crazy people!!!
haha

•••
I
.. so i bought the dot net - countered with $60.01 and told him i just bought the dot net, so good luck to ya!!

crazy people!!!
haha

hahah.. that's funny.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back