NameSilo

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cant stop buying 3d domains for some reason

Gonna have to stop now!
I feel your pain.

3DWebPRO.com
3DAmature.com

Playing both side here.

I am going up to 3 days between regs now. The medication is kicking in.

Last edited:
•••
I'm stuck on half a dozen, missed a few that I would have liked to get.
There are still a few nice ones out there, but I am resisting the temptation.

•••
•••
Yeah. "How to train your dragon. Looks like a cool film for kids.

Alright... it's off to bed for me.

•••
Thought about getting 3dpreview.co.uk

Changed my mind though dunno why XD

•••
3DAmature.com

I regd 3DAMATEUR.com about 3 months ago, had a few offers (Low £xxx) but not selling yet.

Last month on estibot my domain was worth $80 and just checked again for this month and its gone up to $790, I know its only a estimate but at least its going up!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Agree with you on the glasses. Ten years from now we'll be laughing at ourselves wearing 'em.

•••
I had 3DConsoles.net accepted @ the Snampanmes/Moniker auctions

Didnt get a single bid though, will have to patient with these names

•••
I tried moniker a few months ago with 3D names...didn't hear anything at all. too early. would like to sell a domain or two soon tho...why?....got my eye on a few domains :)

Not 3D this time.I have projected myself into the future and i seeeeeee.......:lala:

•••
Hey guys, don't despair that the good names are taken ... you can still cash in by going back and getting [keyword]in3d.com :D

Seriously, I bet for the combined reg fees of the crap in this thread you guys could have just solicited ICANN to set you up with .3D as a TLD. There are good 3D domains like there are any other potential KW meme, but just slapping a prefix onto every keyword that comes to mind is nutty.

Frank

•••
ive regd

3DSCONSOLES.COM
3DSCONSOLES.CO.UK
3DPCGAMES.CO.UK

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Really like 3DPCGames.co.uk! :)

UK's are damn slow to reg 3D: lots of goodies still available! ;) lol

•••
Hey guys, don't despair that the good names are taken ... you can still cash in by going back and getting [keyword]in3d.com :D

Seriously, I bet for the combined reg fees of the crap in this thread you guys could have just solicited ICANN to set you up with .3D as a TLD. There are good 3D domains like there are any other potential KW meme, but just slapping a prefix onto every keyword that comes to mind is nutty.

Frank

3DNutty. BRILLIANT! I'm having it!

Could actually be a site about CRAP!

Frank, you are an inspiration.

•••
Don't forget: moderation has better taste.
Reg only what has really potential...not anything that has a 3D in front of it ! **Spanish & french look better sometime with 3D after the word! ex: Tele3D**

•••
3dControlStick.Com and 3dCamRoulette.Com

CamRoulette.Com just sold for 151k at DM2

Last edited:
•••
thanks buywiser, ive only been doing domain names for about 6 months, think im getting the hang of it. There are loads of really good 3d .co.uk left, not sure why people here are not snapping them up, think there is only me doing it. To get most of my domains ive been using the google adwords keyword tool and searching for camera, tv, laptops, notebooks,movies ....etc and looking for the most searched words around the world and in england that have one of the above in, then adding 3d to it, for example, i searched for 'movies' and it came up with 5,000,000 exact searches world wide and 165,000 local, below the word movies came 'free movies' with 1,830,000 exact searches world wide and 110,000 local, with 3d movies coming into play and taking the movie world by storm its simple to just add in 3d between 'free movies' hence one of my regd names - free3dmovies.co.uk. and if this gets half the searches as 'free movies' does online then im sure ill make abit. Not sure if everyone is playing it this way or if im saying old news, but im having fun with it!!

I haven't grabbed heaps of .co.uk simply because of the 2 year cost , although i did grab

3DRE.com.uk .................3d real estate
3dre.com.au

as stated yesterday still a couple of good ones in .co.uk

Last edited:
•••
I would really slow down with all the co.uk names, try and focus on .com only, and maybe .net, even look at other cctld like .de, .fr, .es etc...there will a lot better names available in that area rather than scraping the bottom of the barrel

Just some advice

•••
3dControlStick.Com and 3dCamRoulette.Com

who knows how long until 3d cams are common , but this could be a good one when they are

chatroulette has been on the news a bit lately

•••
I also have 3DWebCameras.com

I would guess it wont take long until they are??

•••
3dbabyscans.com is at snapnames auction if you're interested.

•••

i tend to think we are at the beginning of web 3.0 or web 3d , things will move along quite quickly

•••

I think that's a no brainer. Great name. You should do well in the 3D market. Have seen nothing but GREAT names coming from you! Wtg.

I recently reg'd

Digital3DCameras.com... oh shoot.. maybe it was dot net... can't remember and don't feel like looking...anyhow..either way there is money in it.. more for the dot com obviously... lol.:hehe:

•••
I think that's a no brainer. Great name. You should do well in the 3D market. Have seen nothing but GREAT names coming from you! Wtg.

I recently reg'd

Thanks Saucey, appreciate the comments, I certainly hope you're right

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back