IT.COM

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would really slow down with all the co.uk names, try and focus on .com only, and maybe .net, even look at other cctld like .de, .fr, .es etc...there will a lot better names available in that area rather than scraping the bottom of the barrel

Just some advice

I try to get the .coms and the .nets first in all my domains but they have all gone in the names i have chosen to reg, i wouldnt say .co.uk is 'scraping the bottom of the barrel' since its the country i live in!

•••
Steve Schlair speaks about 3D

i tend to think we are at the beginning of web 3.0 or web 3d , things will move along quite quickly

Hey guys, Steve Schlair of 3alityDigital speaks about the influence of 3D on alternative content. This guy is big time!

Very, very informative interview..... (watch at 3dlistic Theater now)

•••
•••
Hey everyone,
I haven't been over here in a while.
I've been workin on my .tv portfolio this last week, but I just visited Sedo and saw these 2 sales.
Not sure if anyone posted them at all...

3ddvds.com - $2200 - Fair, actually I think the buyer got a great deal!
3Dtvs.info - $1500 - Unbelievable! The plural???, and it's a .info??? Truly Awesome!

What do the nay-sayers have to say about the speculative 3D domains now? :lol:

•••
Hey everyone,
I haven't been over here in a while.
I've been workin on my .tv portfolio this last week, but I just visited Sedo and saw these 2 sales.
Not sure if anyone posted them at all...

3Dtvs.info - $1500 - Unbelievable! The plural???, and it's a .info??? Truly Awesome!

What do the nay-sayers have to say about the speculative 3D domains now? :lol:

interesting .....i wonder where this pputs my 3dtvs.tv ?

•••
I try to get the .coms and the .nets first in all my domains but they have all gone in the names i have chosen to reg, i wouldnt say .co.uk is 'scraping the bottom of the barrel' since its the country i live in!

Sorry mrcurly, this wasnt just aimed at you, just in general, I have a 3 myself

3DSystem.co.uk
3DRentals.co.uk
3DHomeTheatres.co.uk

Do you think China and India will ever jump on board....I could have a long wait

I have these names as well

3DTelevisions.in
3DTelevision.in
3DTV.co.in
3DTelevision.co.in
3DCinema.co.in

3DTelevisions.cn
3DTelevision.cn

3DHomeTheaters.us
3DStreaming.us
Digital3D.us
3DWorld.us
Live3D.us

•••

OUCH!!

I let 3DDVDs.com drop about 7 or 9 years ago.

Before i was the King.

•••
Had these a while...

3DLAUGHINGBABY.COM
LAUGHINGBABY3D.COM
CHARLIEBITMYFINGER3D.COM
3DCHARLIEBITMYFINGER.COM
KEYBOARDCAT3D.COM
3DKEYBOARDCAT.COM
CHOCOLATERAIN3D.COM
3DLONELYGIRL.COM
LONELYGIRL3D.COM
3DEVOLUTIONOFDANCE.COM
EVOLUTIONOFDANCE3D.COM
3DSTARWARSKID.COM
STARWARSKID3D.COM
SUSANBOYLE3D.COM

etc etc

•••
3DLAUGHINGBABY.COM
LAUGHINGBABY3D.COM
CHARLIEBITMYFINGER3D.COM
3DCHARLIEBITMYFINGER.COM
KEYBOARDCAT3D.COM
3DKEYBOARDCAT.COM
CHOCOLATERAIN3D.COM
3DLONELYGIRL.COM
LONELYGIRL3D.COM
3DEVOLUTIONOFDANCE.COM
EVOLUTIONOFDANCE3D.COM
3DSTARWARSKID.COM
STARWARSKID3D.COM
SUSANBOYLE3D.COM

I dont see any value in these, I would drop them personally, things like this wont even be considered with all "new" material that will come out

•••
3dBandwagon.com

I did reg 3dBandwagon.com

I like it, what you guys think?

•••
3dControlStick.Com and 3dCamRoulette.Com

CamRoulette.Com just sold for 151k at DM2

I know what Roulette cams are, but what is 3dcamroulette? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 AM ----------

3DLAUGHINGBABY.COM
LAUGHINGBABY3D.COM
CHARLIEBITMYFINGER3D.COM
3DCHARLIEBITMYFINGER.COM
KEYBOARDCAT3D.COM
3DKEYBOARDCAT.COM
CHOCOLATERAIN3D.COM
3DLONELYGIRL.COM
LONELYGIRL3D.COM
3DEVOLUTIONOFDANCE.COM
EVOLUTIONOFDANCE3D.COM
3DSTARWARSKID.COM
STARWARSKID3D.COM
SUSANBOYLE3D.COM

I hope you are joking... ?
Edit - I just saw CharlieBitMyFinger3d.com is really registered. Well.. I would drop them. Or try to put them on sedo for 60 fixed price.

•••

Thanx for the info dude! :)
Maybe I'll get something good for my 3D-DVD.net? hehehe... (I prefer the Hyphen then double "D")

ps: 3D-DVDs.net is still available! ;)

Last edited:
•••
With the rise of TV manufacturers creating TVs which are capable of displaying 3D images, Sky, the media giants, have announced that they will be launching their Sky 3D TV channel on April 3rd.

The Sky 3D channel will be the first ever channel which will offer this type of broadcast in Europe. Whether you’re a fan of them or not, the first programme to mark the occasion will include a football match between Manchester United and Chelsea.

The Sky 3D Channel will probably take a little bit of time before it will be showcasing more 3D Channels, especially because many of us will need a 3DTV which will allow us to view the 3D images.

Now, if you haven’t got £2,000 to spare to splash out on a 3DTV just yet, then it has been reported that already over 1,000 pubs across the UK and Ireland have signed up to the channel. So if you’re the lucky few who have a pub near you that has signed up to the deal then you could be watching Manchester Vs Chelsea in all its 3D glory shortly.

10 days until the first 3D Channel is out!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see my 3DChannel.com is doing ok on Google

"3D Channel" is on page 1
3DChannel is on page 1
3D Channel (without quotes) is on page 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just curious which names are doing the best in terms of parking and traffic, my best names in terms of traffic is 3DAlive.com???

Last edited:
•••
i just reg 3dsexvid.com
what do you guys think?

•••
Virtual Goods. According to reports the market for virtual goods is about to explode in the U.S.
Led by Asia with an annual $7 bn, the U.S. market is currently at $1.8 bn.
From the poll :-
15% of young males 15-25 regularly buy virtual goods ( virtual weapons for social gaming )
15% of women aged 35-45 regularly buy virtual gifts ( flowers etc )

So I took a chance on 3Dvirtualgoods.com :blink:

•••
My line of thinking with 3DKeyboardCat.com is that the exact search term for Keyboard Cat returns 368,000 per month, Star Wars Kid 201,000 per month on google adwords. These are classics that will always be searched for. Who WOULDN'T want a fat kid pretending to be a Jedi coming at them in 3D?

Who?

Ok....fair enough...

I'll get me coat!

•••
3dControlStick.Com and 3dCamRoulette.Com

CamRoulette.Com just sold for 151k at DM2

The Funny thing is CamRoulette.com was only registered 3 months ago.. So yeah very very good ROI for the seller....

Those are good domains and if 3d Cams become popular you can have a good sale...

•••
I'm sorry if you already seen these recent sales I found on sedo?

3dtvs.info $1500
3ddvds.com $2200

... not bad :gl:

•••
I'm sorry if you already seen these recent sales I found on sedo?

3dtvs.info $1500
3ddvds.com $2200

... not bad :gl:

It's a start.

I think after Sky launch on April 3rd....:lala:

•••
•••
•••
Don't forget: moderation has better taste.
Reg only what has really potential...not anything that has a 3D in front of it ! **Spanish & french look better sometime with 3D after the word! ex: Tele3D**

i have a couple with tv3d at the end

tv 3d - Buscar con Google

•••
Help

I need your help.

I found a decent 3D term and want to start developing a small site for it. I've registered a few variations and would like to know which would be best to develop. I don't want to say what the preceding term is just yet but lets say it's a descriptive term that further defines what type of 3D it is. Ex: LCD, HD, No Glasses, Flat Screen, High Quality, etc....

Here are my choices..

......3DDisplay.com
......3DDisplays.com
......3DTVs.com
......3DTechnology.com
......3DTech.com
......3D.info

They are all relevant, but I just can't decide which one to develop, once I choose one I will forward all others to that site. Once I get my site indexed I'll let you know what the term is.

Thanks for your help :)
GG

•••
I need your help.

Here are my choices..

......3DDisplay.com
......3DDisplays.com
......3DTVs.com
......3DTechnology.com
......3DTech.com
......3D.info

GG

I'm not sure exactly the route you're going but either way...
3DTech would be the most all encompassing choice, (.com plus it's real short) IMO.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back