NameSilo

branding Teespring.com is rebranding to Spri.ng

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

akos

Top Member
Impact
The widely-used social e-commerce platform Teespring is transitioning from a .com domain, to a domain hack based on the Nigerian TLD country code .ng.

https://www.spri.ng/blog/spring-is-here

Interesting choice honestly as it seems that they don't own Spring.com which currently serves as the homepage for a job consultancy.

What do you think? Is this the right way to proceed for Teespring?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
I think this name picked because they seems want to expand their business, to other fields; "tee" is not their major thing anymore

personally, I like this hack

•••
If their objective was to actually gain more recognition and make sure their brand is more likely to be remembered just from their logo/rebranding, they surely didn't get it right.

First thing coming to my minds when I see this video and the way they branded it is Spring for Spring.com. There's just no way for them to get free traffic and easy potential customers (by direct type-in) out of it... :banghead:

At this point, I strongly believe that they should have rebranded as Spri.ng instead of Spring. Every single time you would have seen their logo, you would have AT LEAST pronounced it as Spri.ng and would have POTENTIALLY remembered it's actually Spri.ng instead of Spring.com because of the apparent dot splitting the word.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think there was supposed to be, but I'm not sure it ever got released. Similar to .WEB.

He was surely referring to my reply before I edited it.
Seems like my brain automatically associated it to Spr.ing instead of Spri.ng.

Last edited:
•••
He was surely referring to my reply before I edited it.

Nope, I'm not even sure what you mean by that (??)... and stop calling me Shirley.

•••
•••
Nice hack. But, commercially may go wrong.

•••
They should keep the .com with them or they are bound to fail in the very near future. Why to play with business name when you are doing it pretty well. The sooner they understand the mistake the less their loss would be.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Good or bad choice . . Time will tell. There is actually domain extension for ".i.ng"

spri.ng currently ranks 62.k on alexa . So far, i'd say their strategy seems to be working

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back