Dynadot

talk.us, wild.us, cannot backorder w/GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HeyNow

MemberRestricted (85-100%)
Impact
Godaddy won't let you backorder talk.us or wild.us. Both are in "pending delete" status.

I'm not sure wether or not Godaddy is the problem here, or Neustar, but you can see that prime drops aren't made available to you and I.

I paid for my Godaddy backorders, and didn't know when I paid that some .us names in "pending delete" status would not be available.

This whole industry is full of nonsense and assholes. Eventually, when .us becomes an important "utility," much like water, electricity, gas, etc., the government will exercise its power and regulate more aggressively. Of course we know the US Government (Deptartment of Commerce) has control now, but the individuals at the DoC know nothing about domain speculating, domain values, domain hoarding, etc. Unfortunately for you and I, Neustar and Godaddy know about domain values, so we are fu-ked when premier .us names are about to drop.

If you differ with this opinion, I'd like to know. If you agree with this opinion, I'd like to know.

Dave
Chicago.us

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back