Dynadot

GoDaddy Adds New Domain Data To Portfolio Manager

NameSilo
Watch

GoDaddy

Established Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
GoDaddy has started to roll out new data columns to customers using our Domain Portfolio Manager (dcc.godaddy.com). It's an exciting new additional data point for domain investors who have domain names registered at GoDaddy, and we're pleased to share this with you.

What is this data?
The data is broken down into two categories: total searches and unique searchers.

Total searches keeps a score of the number of times each of your domain names has been searched for across GoDaddy platforms, including our sub-brands, resellers, and affiliated networks.

Unique searchers narrows that data down a little, showing the number of unique visitors searching for each of your domain names across GoDaddy platforms, including our sub-brands, resellers, and affiliated networks.

Each data category is then broken into three timeframes: 30 days, 90 days, and 365 days.

How do I access this data?
We are rolling this out to GoDaddy customers using our Domain Portfolio Manager at dcc.godaddy.com. To check if you have access, head to dcc.godaddy.com.

From there, click on 'Columns' and you'll see six new columns, highlighted on this screenshot:
dcc-columns.jpg

Select the columns you'd like to display, and you'll find those appear on the right-hand side of your portfolio page.

Can I export this data?
Yes! To export this data, select the domain names that you want to include, then head to the footer menu and click "More." From there, click "Export as CSV."

What can the data tell me?
This data tells you the number of searches each of your domain names receives across GoDaddy platforms, but the way that you interpret that data can help you with sales and renewal decisions. Here, for example, is how community manager James Iles is using that data.

Can I read more about this?
Andrew Allemann of Domain Name Wire has provided coverage of the new data: https://domainnamewire.com/2023/10/30/godaddy-adds-domain-search-data-to-domain-control-center/

To view your data, head to dcc.godaddy.com!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
maybe add feature for custom check ?

•••
This used to be good. Was one of the reasons why I moved around 50 domains into Godaddy.

But I haven't seen any data for the last 3-4 months. Is this feature getting deprecated?

•••
This used to be good. Was one of the reasons why I moved around 50 domains into Godaddy.

But I haven't seen any data for the last 3-4 months. Is this feature getting deprecated?
Hi @Smooth
The data you're referring to is still very much available through GoDaddy's Portfolio Manager. If you have been experiencing issues with accessing your data over the last 3-4 months, we'd like to check that.

•••
Hi @GoDaddy - I had shared my account screenshot with you on DM. Were you able to get any update from your team?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back