Dynadot

advice Sold a .org domain, and now...

NameSilo
Watch

counthackula

Impact
Hi, new here... and sort of new to the game. So I recently lucked out and sold a domain I have held on to many years. It was a .org. I have also have access to the .com variant of the domain. The seller of the .com wants a non-trivial price for the domain, but it is still a small fraction of the amount the buyer paid for the .org. Talking things through, it seems a shrewd move to buy the .com and offer it to the same buyer. In your experiences - how likely do you think a buyer would be to ONLY want the .org? I don't want to be stuck with a really expensive domain, my wife would never let me live it down :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

why you think the buyer bought the .org from you and not the .com, from the other person?

take your profit, treat your wife to a nice dinner and move on

imo...

•••
Hi

why you think the buyer bought the .org from you and not the .com, from the other person?

take your profit, treat your wife to a nice dinner and move on

imo...
Appreciate this insight, thank you. IDK why they didn't buy it... I think privacy settings meant they couldn't contact the domain owner directly whereas they were able to contact me.

•••
The buyer perhaps wants the .com. But since the .com owner did not set the exact price, the buyer did not want to waste his time negotiating, and he decided to buy your .org instead (I assume you set the fixed price for it, right?). I highly believe that the buyer has a limited budget, so he took your .org. If he has a higher budget, he would contact the .com owner first and negotiate it before he took your .org.
So, if I were you, I will not take the risk to buy the .com and offer it to him

Last edited:
•••
Appreciate this insight, thank you. IDK why they didn't buy it... I think privacy settings meant they couldn't contact the domain owner directly whereas they were able to contact me.
Hi

i still receive quite a few inquires via email. and the names are on privacy, so it's no longer a barrier for contact.

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back