NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
...just wondering.

This IS a market that they could not use the domain name in 2001 for obvious reasons, but I guess as "window-dressing" one can use the creation date as a selling point.
The fact of the matter is because it is so new legally, the length of time may be inconsequential, but that's just me thinking of different factors between this industry and others.

Thanks for your prompt response, it is appreciated...
In terms of domainers buying domains as investments, Keith is right. The age may (or may not) be a factor. In terms of an end user buying the domain, age probably doesn't matter...but, if the website was developed in the past, the website might have more established backlinks, rank higher in search engines, and get more hits.

Last edited:
•••
Ok, I recently pickup a few..
CANNABISFLAVORS.COM
CANNABISVAPEFLAVORS.COM

•••
  • JuanaSoda.com
Any thoughts or feedback

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
  • JuanaSoda.com
Any thoughts or feedback

Cheers
Corey
I was just on the Trademark lookup page, and cannabis,"cola" was their, I like your domain name verymuch! Thankyou.. I'm doing some research on a cannabis domain, will post if I buy it. almost finished what should I do with the can? lol

Last edited:
•••
•••
My most recent addition is CannaPharma / ca :D

•••
Did Canada keep the residency requirements for .ca?

•••
Did Canada keep the residency requirements for .ca?

I didn't know they were considering dropping them?

•••
I didn't know they were considering dropping them?
I probably could have worded my queston better. You have to be a resident of Canada to register .ca, right?

•••
•••
•••
...nice one.
I regged

Cannadian.club
and
CannadianClub.com

earlier a cupla months back waiting for Canada to move forward with legalizing marijuana...

•••
...nice one.
I regged

Cannadian.club
and
CannadianClub.com

earlier a cupla months back waiting for Canada to move forward with legalizing marijuana...

May have issues with this one, google Canadian Club.

•••
...Maybe right, but the CANNAdian is specific to Canadian CANNAbis, NOT Canada whiskey...

Last edited:
•••
May have issues with this one, google Canadian Club.
Agree.

It doesn't matter what you think it stands for since it's a take on an established brand.

•••
Agree.

It doesn't matter what you think it stands for since it's a take on an established brand.

...not a take on an established brand whatsoever. CANNA is CANNABIS, period. Not saying you are wrong, just saying we shall see...

•••
...not a take on an established brand whatsoever. CANNA is CANNABIS, period. Not saying you are wrong, just saying we shall see...
What canna stands for is irrelevant. You basically took an established brand, added a letter to their name and called it unique. It doesn't work that way.

How about taking Budweiser and go reg Buddweiser? Because what you're saying is that the extra "d" makes it unique. And for that matter how about really making it your own and reg BudWiser?

Point is that, what you think something stands for doesn't matter when it's obviously a take of another brand.

•••

From a purely helpful and outside perspective, it's the fact you chose to pair it with "Club" that makes it confusingly similar, and therefore, potentially problematic, IMO.

•••
registered and developing
  • beverages.net.au
Cheers
Corey

•••
Hempinsky.com
Weedinsky.com
CBDinsky.com

•••
What canna stands for is irrelevant. You basically took an established brand, added a letter to their name and called it unique. It doesn't work that way.

How about taking Budweiser and go reg Buddweiser? Because what you're saying is that the extra "d" makes it unique. And for that matter how about really making it your own and reg BudWiser?

Point is that, what you think something stands for doesn't matter when it's obviously a take of another brand.

BUDD is not an actual word, CANNA is and it is relevant to the industry.
Did not take an established brand, just got a club for cannabis in Canada, that's all.
Not here to argue or belabor the point.
If they win they win, if not, it was never intended to be a whiskey and it is unique on its own merits.

•••
freedom30 do you intend to develop the name?

Cheers
Corey

•••
From a purely helpful and outside perspective, it's the fact you chose to pair it with "Club" that makes it confusingly similar, and therefore, potentially problematic, IMO.

I appreciate that, but it IS a club that will use the name.
Honestly, there is no bad faith relating to its use or acquisition.
I feel confident about it.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back