IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DenverBud is a solid domain, imo. ("bud" was pretty much the only term we used growing up)

Received an offer of $500 for CannabisPlus from same buyer of marijuanaplus. This one won't go as cheaply.

...nor should it, it is a very nice name!...

•••
registered & developing mojitio.com

Cheers
Corey

•••
interesting article

Legalized Marijuana Could Drive A New Tech Boom
The revolution to legalize marijuana is marching slowly—but steadily—forward. Half of the states in the United States plus the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana or cannabis for medical use, and more states are legalizing recreational use with each election cycle. In the recent election, California, Nevada, Massachusetts and Maine all passed ballot measures to legalize for recreational use.

more at Forbes

Cheers
Corey

•••
DenverBud is a solid domain, imo. ("bud" was pretty much the only term we used growing up)

Received an offer of $500 for CannabisPlus from same buyer of marijuanaplus. This one won't go as cheaply.

Congrats. Tell the buyer to match the same price as marijuanaplus. Easy money, IMO.

•••
MedicalCannabis.club
With .club extension fit perfectly, everybody know exists the cannabis club (in Spain there are a lot of cannabis club).
Happy 420 to all! :)

•••
•••
Names for this type of business shouldn't be cheap; this is a money making industry:shifty:

•••
Guys, what do you think about smokinglabs com, it should fit nicely in this industry no?

•••
Names for this type of business shouldn't be cheap; this is a money making industry:shifty:

As with any niche, the names must make sense and be relevant to the industry.

Just because a word exists in the dictionary doesn't mean it can be added to a kw in the MJ niche and be suddenly viable or worth money.

This niche is a much different beast compared to other niche industries. Smart and relevant names will rule the roost, IMO. gl

•••
Registered
  • CannaTaverna.com
  • HonoluluCanna.com
  • CBDingestion.com
Any thoughts or feedback?

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
A few recent purchases:

CannaMax
CBDdoctor
CBDguys
CBDplanet

•••
•••
•••
A few recent purchases:

CannaMax
CBDdoctor
CBDguys
CBDplanet

top stuff as always

missed Planet..I lost signal last minutes in the auction :) #surflife

•••
top stuff as always

missed Planet..I lost signal last minutes in the auction :) #surflife
Good thing for me but bad for you! I was near calling it quits.

•••
•••
•••
•••
A few recent purchases:

CannaMax

Glad that was you that grabbed it, @Keith!

Whenever I'm the losing bidder by a few bucks I always tell myself the winner had a huge budget against me. Not sure where your top was Keith, but congrats, it's a great name, kinda wish I had thrown a bit more at it... where was your top if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
•••
Glad that was you that grabbed it, @Keith!

Whenever I'm the losing bidder by a few bucks I always tell myself the winner had a huge budget against me. Not sure where your top was Keith, but congrats, it's a great name, kinda wish I had thrown a bit more at it... where was your top if you don't mind me asking?
I think my proxy was set to go another $60-$70. The bad thing is that it was registered since 2001 and nobody noticed it in pre-release at NJ. Someone could've had it for $69 and saved the creation date :(

•••
I think my proxy was set to go another $60-$70. The bad thing is that it was registered since 2001 and nobody noticed it in pre-release at NJ. Someone could've had it for $69 and saved the creation date :(

...is the creation date actually that important in this industry? I think that the legalities involved makes a creation date rather moot, relative to other types of industries that were legal to use in 2001.
I could be wrong, just want to know because of the industry's legal status being relatively new...

•••
...is the creation date actually that important in this industry? I think that the legalities involved makes a creation date rather moot, relative to other types of industries that were legal to use in 2001.
I could be wrong, just want to know because of the industry's legal status being relatively new...
The creation date is important when it comes to resale IMO. It's just something to use in negotiations. It's better to say, btw, this has been registered since 1995 rather than, hey, this has been registered since last week.

The .io registry actually gives a choice to keep original creation dates when a BO is placed. It's a cool thing to offer!

•••
Bagged CbdUniverse sometime back, Cbdshopping as well.

•••
The creation date is important when it comes to resale IMO. It's just something to use in negotiations. It's better to say, btw, this has been registered since 1995 rather than, hey, this has been registered since last week.

The .io registry actually gives a choice to keep original creation dates when a BO is placed. It's a cool thing to offer!

...just wondering.

This IS a market that they could not use the domain name in 2001 for obvious reasons, but I guess as "window-dressing" one can use the creation date as a selling point.
The fact of the matter is because it is so new legally, the length of time may be inconsequential, but that's just me thinking of different factors between this industry and others.

Thanks for your prompt response, it is appreciated...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back