Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes, @ sedo you can do this.

you can login at sedo, search your domain in the marketplace, click on the "make offer or buy it now" link, then copy the url of your offer page.

imo.....

Biggie, do you have to then do forwarding to the link at your registrar, if so it would take me forever I I don't own that many domains, sedo used to have just a for sale landing page option on there site, but I searched for quiete a while and couldn't find it
Thanks
Joe T

•••
What sense to use such forwarding, to throw away 15%???

Last edited:
•••
@Sedo
Can we see the list of over 650 Sedo MLS Premium partners?
I've looks all over and can't see it. Are we not allowed to see this list?

•••
Biggie, do you have to then do forwarding to the link at your registrar, if so it would take me forever I I don't own that many domains, sedo used to have just a for sale landing page option on there site, but I searched for quiete a while and couldn't find it
Thanks
Joe T
You can get a link to your whole Sedo portfolio. Available in account settings.

•••
I saw the "Buy Now Listing Settings" last week in my Sedo account and I turned on the option to receive offers on my "Buy it Now" listings. I sat the minimum to 90% of my asking price.

I was excited to receive my first offer today then I was disappointed right away. You can't counter nor decline an offer received on a "Buy it Now" listing. Not sure what's point! I decided to turn it off.

Sedo, please let me know if I'm missing something here.

•••
I saw the "Buy Now Listing Settings" last week in my Sedo account and I turned on the option to receive offers on my "Buy it Now" listings. I sat the minimum to 90% of my asking price.

I was excited to receive my first offer today then I was disappointed right away. You can't counter nor decline an offer received on a "Buy it Now" listing. Not sure what's point! I decided to turn it off.

Sedo, please let me know if I'm missing something here.

Hi Sameh,

thanks for your post!

You're right, as of now you cannot directly counter such an offer. You could lower your BuyNow price to match your new, lower asking price, as a response to the offer you've received.

The point here is that you can see, and get a feeling for, what buyers would be willing to pay. So instead of _not_ getting a direct BuyNow sale, you can at least see what potential buyers would be willing to pay. If you're okay with the lower offer, you can then decrease your BuyNow price accordingly.

But of course I see where your pain point is and I have already forwarded this issue to our product manager, so we can take your comment into consideration for the next update iteration.

Thanks again, and have a good weekend!

•••
•••
Hi Sameh,

thanks for your post!

You're right, as of now you cannot directly counter such an offer. You could lower your BuyNow price to match your new, lower asking price, as a response to the offer you've received.

The point here is that you can see, and get a feeling for, what buyers would be willing to pay. So instead of _not_ getting a direct BuyNow sale, you can at least see what potential buyers would be willing to pay. If you're okay with the lower offer, you can then decrease your BuyNow price accordingly.

But of course I see where your pain point is and I have already forwarded this issue to our product manager, so we can take your comment into consideration for the next update iteration.

Thanks again, and have a good weekend!
Thank you so much for your reply and for the consideration. I'll defiantly use this option once you add the ability to counter or decline the offers. I'm not sure how will I'll be aware of the option once you add it. I hope you add a note to the Settings once you add it.

•••
•••
Sehr gut!
If it's not abused.

Last edited:
•••
Guys I have some troubles with , it's my first time to list a domain name on Sedo, I chose the "Make Offer" option and did the self-verification but still it appears as not for sale. what could be the case?

Your help would be appreciated

•••
Guys I have some troubles with , it's my first time to list a domain name on Sedo, I chose the "Make Offer" option and did the self-verification but still it appears as not for sale. what could be the case?

Your help would be appreciated

Sometimes it just takes a while to go through.

Just wait and check again later.

•••
Alright I'll wait , thanks a lot Cdomains

•••
•••
•••

this is the xth time I bring it up. usually without a good reply from sedo's end.

let me try a last time:
how do you estimate the odds of bringing domainers the good news one day soon that you now charge min fee of say $20 like everyone else instead of the ridiculous industry leading (in a bad way of course) $60 you charge now?

thanks for your time.

•••
•••
I have just noticed this thread and more domain name services eg registrars etc should have a similar thread for fast customer service etc within np via their own thread

I have an account at sedo but prefer flippa but notice a lot of sales on dnj come from sedo etc

Can you make your brokers available to domainers so that they can choose their preferred sedo broker directly or ideally within this thread

•••
•••
Yes exactly, Cdomains

That is the best way.

If you did it correctly it will work out, it just takes a little time to work sometimes.

•••
That is the best way.

If you did it correctly it will work out, it just takes a little time to work sometimes.

Okay, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens

•••
this is the xth time I bring it up. usually without a good reply from sedo's end.

let me try a last time:
how do you estimate the odds of bringing domainers the good news one day soon that you now charge min fee of say $20 like everyone else instead of the ridiculous industry leading (in a bad way of course) $60 you charge now?

thanks for your time.

Sedo used to have a minimum commission of $10 and a minimum price to start an auction of $60. I guess they decided they don't want that part of the market - the time it takes to handle low value sales may cost more than they earn from them. I think DNS charge a minimum fee of $175.00.

•••
Sedo used to have a minimum commission of $10 and a minimum price to start an auction of $60. I guess they decided they don't want that part of the market - the time it takes to handle low value sales may cost more than they earn from them. I think DNS charge a minimum fee of $175.00.

maybe

but that stil changes nothing to the fact that among the main and most common auction sites..afternic, godaddy and flippa ...they have by far the highest min fee... say ~300% more.. which by same token would make them the only ones to think (assuming your guess is right) it isn't worth it to them profit wise to charge less.

not sure whats the min for dns/uniregistry.. but if its 175$ then no one will bother to use them for lower value sales.. in same way people go elsewhere than sedo for lower sales now too.

Last edited:
•••

let me try a last time:

thanks for your time.

Hey alcy,

I know you've brought this up several times and it never gets unnoticed. We know this is something that you and others would like to see changed. We're continuously working on optimizing our platform, but there are only so many things we can work on simultaneously. So please don't be upset if we cannot change things as quickly as you'd like us to. But be sure we're listening! :) (As you can see with the price cap)

•••
@Sedo

Please add 2FA option to our accounts.

If our accounts get hacked and they change the price on a premium domain to $100 and it sells via fast transfer? How hard is it to get the domain back?

Why not avoid this situation altogether and add 2FA.

Show us you care about account security.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back