IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I probably average 1 sale a year thru Sedo :( GoDaddy produces approx 50% of my sales every year, with only the basic Make Offer listing.

See I have never sold with sedo or tried flippa even.

•••
@baseballworld - I have very little experience with flippa. But one thing for sure, the $9 listing fee isn't going to cut it. IMHO, you need to spend big on their upgrades.

•••
Anyone using Sedo got an email recently about new TOS coming into effect on 1 April (no that is not a joke afaik).

There are some actual changes - I'd suggest taking the time to read the new TOS - it's actually three separate docs.

They have now introduced a penalty charge
https://sedo.com/fileadmin/document...arketplace_Agreement_EN-GMBH_April_1_2015.pdf
Sedo reserves the right to charge Usersa Marketplace Handling Fee, equal to two times(2x) the minimum commission fee for the respective Domain listing, for those instances where User has acted with the apparent intent to disrupt Sedo’s Domain Marketplacelistings and/or Auctions, otherwise cause nuisance or damage, and/or to prevent the completion of purchase and sale of a Domain

https://sedo.com/fileadmin/document...arketplace_Agreement_EN-GMBH_April_1_2015.pdf

Also they can just create a registrar account and push a name into it if a buyer has paid but does not take possession of a name.

And read 4.1.8 about Publication Rights for names and prices:

•••
is it possible to show direct make offer landing page ? no adverts

•••
•••
is it possible to show direct make offer landing page ? no adverts

No but you can set all your pages to the same lander page, one is more of a sales page and less ads - at once you can see the domain is for sale and click for the buying page.

Or just forward the domain to the sales page.

One big omission at Sedo is that going to those pages does not tell you if a domain is currently on auction!

At Domain Name Sales .com you can set the domain to just go to the buy page.

•••
•••
How to change "Buy Domain" Info
Example:
Capture.jpg

•••
What in the hell -

Handpicked Generic .coms Auction

https://sedo.com/search/searchresul...sting_type[]=4&auction_event[]=320&language=e

Is this somebody hooking a friend up?

Is this poor hiring practices?

I checked 4 random names, all same person. So I guess a hookup.

Wasting the platform with stuff like this which in turn might make people check out their auctions less. Don't know who's in charge, who managing this stuff but they need some new people in there, somebody that actually knows something about domains, the market.

Ah, it's their own domains they're selling it looks like.

Last edited:
•••
I chose godaddy for MLS Premium and it says godaddy is not supported , can I choose another registrar even though my name is not registered with them ?!!!!!

•••
I chose godaddy for MLS Premium and it says godaddy is not supported , can I choose another registrar even though my name is not registered with them ?!!!!!

No.

•••
so my domain has to be registered with register I'm choosing in order for the whole thing to be effective .Is there a way around that or that is it ?!!!

•••
so my domain has to be registered with register I'm choosing in order for the whole thing to be effective .Is there a way around that or that is it ?!!!

You'd have to transfer your domain to another registrar. The point of MLS premium is that when a buyer purchases a domain, the domain is instantly moved into the buyer's account. For that to happen, the domain has to be at a registrar that is participating in the program. There's no way around it.

I assume you know that you can still list your domain on Sedo without it being an MLS premium listing, right? The difference is that when a sale happens you have to handle the domain transfer yourself.

•••
Yes I know and thank you ..

•••
Yes I know and thank you ..

You're welcome. The other thing I forgot to mention, in case you don't know this already, is that if you're at Godaddy, you can list your domain as an Afternic Premium domain ( only possible after you have the domain at godaddy for 60 days). It's the same concept as MLS premium but better because the Afternic network includes Godaddy which means more eyeballs for your listing.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi everybody. I have been messing around with domains for about 15 years but only as a hobby. I've had a few sales but have never really tried hard to make it happen... and in retrospect probably could've made tens of thousands of dollars more if I knew what I was doing in the early years.

I have all of my domains parked at SEDO but my visit to click ratio sucks.

My keywords on my sites rock and are definitely not the problem

I currently have most of them set up with the "2 click" Just Ad's page .

Is there a better set up to entice more click through's? Perhaps portal, or one click, or maybe the page layout should be changed?

Would be very interested to hear from other people about their experiences and what layout works best for them.

Cheers! ;)

•••
Use ParkingCrew for monetization... or at least Bodis...
And forget about Sedo for that purpose.

•••
@Sedo
When will be ready your API to integrate Sedo's escrow on other platforms, how many years you need???

•••
When will 2FA be available on Sedo?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Back