NameSilo

Sedo.com - Official Thread

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by Sedo, Dec 19, 2007.

Replies:
Views:

1. MrAcidic

MrAcidic Upgraded Member Gold Account

I can log in BUT it is all very slow also their auto appraisal does not work (never pay it any mind anyway!)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. JB Lions

JB Lions Santa Hat Connoisseur VIP

@Sedo - hasn't been here in awhile.

Ok, called them. They have 2 options, 2 and 3. 2 is for recently bought domains, transfers etc, 3 is for other stuff like parking. First 2 times I picked option 3, it rang for a few times, then got a message they were busy, then the call was disconnected by them. 3rd time I picked option 2, got somebody, asked them when the site will be fixed, hasn't been working for 2 days. They mentioned the data center move, that they were aware of the problems and have tech working on them.

What they should do is put up a message so people can see when they login, or send an email to let people know they are working on the problem.

Tel. (617) 499-7200

Looks like they just added:
    "Parking Statistics Delay
    We are having a maintenance issue that causes our Parking Statistics not to have been updated since Saturday, 30 June 2018.

This is a simple delay in the statistics. We are working on fixing the issue as soon as possible. We will inform you once the issue has been solved. Thanks for your patience."

So looks like they're aware of the many problems and working on them.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  3. E-Thunder

E-Thunder Active Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Won’t load. Has been a couple days now. I might have to point nameservers somewhere else til they fix?

4. AGAME

AGAME Active Member VIP

I did. My traffic was going nowhere. Not sure I will return to @Sedo after this.

5. JB Lions

Still broken. Just did Voodoo Mass Modify, so now offers come directly to me. Probably better off that way anyway. Lost business for Sedo.

6. creataweb

creataweb Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I was having issues as well but I ended up deleting all Sedo cookies and it worked. All my redirects work as well. I wonder how many others cannot access it? That’s not going to help sales.

7. alcy

alcy Active Member VIP

sedo turning to crap....
    now im virtually asked to verify and send pics for all new domains i add...

thats not at all what they promised..they said itd just take couple days to verify....
    that promise related specifically to those who do not change their text records stuff for faster validation.. this is beginning to stink more and more.

8. golan

golan Leo.Domains Gold Account VIP

I wonder how many tons of sellers and domains they have lost during these lame days. And - who knows - maybe also buyers?

Still, there are the biggest and all end users go there to search for names etc. However, their sh*t attitude in this issue shows perfectly how many flying f*cks they give to their sellers.

9. singhhooda

singhhooda Established Member

Did anyone noticed a change?

Column name was "Suggested Price" as shown here : http://prntscr.com/k1w12a

But now when I add a domain, I don't see that column.

10. alcy

alcy Active Member VIP

thats actually a change for better.. because the sooner you stop paying attention to automated valuations (of any kind), the better off you will be in domaining.

its what all domainers eventually realize. and what no domainers believe in when they start.

cheers, gl.

11. freedom30

freedom30 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

-

They have not changed anything, still cannot access uniques and clicks count since the weekend "maintenance".
    Sent in a ticket but they have not responded at all, like always, they are complacent.

Any ideas where I should send my portfolio, SEDO seems to be kaput...

12. AGAME

AGAME Active Member VIP

Bodis, Voodoo... there are others but personally I like those two.

13. E-Thunder

E-Thunder Active Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I can login now but no statistics?

14. JB Lions

Working again for me.

And then new message when you login:

Maintenance Issues Update
    The technical difficulties in our transfer center are all solved now.

There are only some smaller issues left that are being worked on currently and we hope to have everything resolved as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience on this.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  15. AGAME

AGAME Active Member VIP

Yea, I am back in too. Feel bad for those who were in the middle of negotiating, paying, etc.

Update: not moments after I posted this message did I encounter trouble. No CSS formatting now. Everything is plain text and all over the place. Looks horrible. Tried it in two different browsers. Sedo, you really need to get your act together.

On top of that this error now:
    This page isn’t working
    sedo.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE​

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  16. cooljub

cooljub Established Member

Is it possible with Sedo to choose a different pic for the for sale page?

17. Premiums

Premiums find.ventures

no.
    thats why i closed my sedo account.

18. weblord

weblord Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

finally found this page depending on your ttl settings on your TXT or CNAME, it will only take minutes if you use the domain ownership verification DIY style.
    searched google and I ended up here.

19. Argentum

Argentum Established Member

I had for a week login problem with Sedo, finally solved it by logging in incognito mode in Chrome.

20. cooljub

cooljub Established Member

This still seems to be happening seven months later.. just a completely blank page with no link to buy the domain O_o

@Sedo

21. lennco

lennco Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

My only problem with Sedo is their Landers.
    There are only a couple of choices now and they are out dated and not good.

They still concentrate too much on Ads and the Buy this Domain button is extremely small and there is no real emphases on selling the domain.

I still give Sedo's escrow high marks and think its top notch, very fast and efficient but their landers are pretty bad.

I have created my own site and landers and have moved about 2/3rds of my domains so far.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 10:19 PM

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!