Domain Empire

Scammed By A NamePros Member

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello everyone,

The guy is ChrisMJ:
http://www.namepros.com/member.php?u=18470

I sold him the site Img-Tag.com for $125. I pushed the domain and sent him the files, he said he had sent the money to my PayPal. I checked but nothing, so I presumed it was a short delay. Nearly a week on still no money has arrived. I've emailed Chris, I've waited for him on MSN when he says he's going to be on and isn't, I've sent him numerous PM's, and nothing.

Now the only thing I can do is expose him after giving him every chance, but be left $125 down.

It doesn't look like I'll ever be seeing the money nor the site returned, I'd just like everyone to be aware of this member, as this could happen to you. Unless Chris redeems himself and pays up for what he has so far stolen, in my mind he is nothing but a scammer.

Thanks,
Gareth.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why push before you got paid?

•••
qwhois said:
Why push before you got paid?
Too trusting for my own good I guess :(

•••
There should never be a delay with Paypal, unless it's an e-check which you'll still get something saying that it's being processed.

Never do anything until you recieve payment!

•••
Chris lives near me, seems a pretty decent guy.

•••
Joseph said:
Chris lives near me, seems a pretty decent guy.
He seemed a very decent guy to me too, any chance you could have a word with him to see what's going on?

•••
•••
I only knew his work address which was a web design company in town - they have wither moved or shut down as their offices are empty.

His postcode in his whois is about 6 miles from my house but dosent give an exact address :(

•••
I've sent him an email. Hopefully we can get some answers here.

RJ

•••
Joseph said:
I only knew his work address which was a web design company in town - they have wither moved or shut down as their offices are empty.

His postcode in his whois is about 6 miles from my house but dosent give an exact address :(

Too bad ... I'd be banging his door down :yell:

•••
-RJ- said:
I've sent him an email. Hopefully we can get some answers here.

RJ
Any response on this RJ?

•••
This really sucks. Hopefully he becomes a man and pays up. Good Luck

•••
Email bounced. Requested by PM that he visit this thread.

Let's resolve this. ChrisMJ, return the money or the site ASAP.

•••
-RJ- said:
Email bounced. Requested by PM that he visit this thread.

Let's resolve this. ChrisMJ, return the money or the site ASAP.
It doesn't look as if that's going to happen now. He is clearly a coward who has taken the money and site. I feel stupid for pushing the domain before payment, but at least a lesson has been learnt.

•••
Joseph said:

http://whois.domaintools.com/img-tag.com - full address on here.

Isn't there a 14 day period where you can report fraud to Godaddy? Transfer fraud? Info says May 17th...may be too late now.

This is on most emails received from godaddy when there is a change on the account:

You do not need to respond to this email. If, however, you think this change may have been made in error or fraudulently, please contact us within 15 days.

•••
I've just PM'd ChrisMJ, as well! :tri: :talk:

Apologize for the incovenience here, folks.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Kerrijo said:
http://whois.domaintools.com/img-tag.com - full address on here.

This is on most emails received from godaddy when there is a change on the account:
You do not need to respond to this email. If, however, you think this change may have been made in error or fraudulently, please contact us within 15 days.
Damn, he's over in Belfast, Ireland. Shame I'm in England else I'd be straight round his. I have sent him a text to the number provided in the whois lookup. So now I have contacted him via: Email, PM and text. He has no excuses left. And I completely forgot about that GoDaddy protection, I wish I'd thought of that sooner :(

•••
His personal homepage and blog is at www.chrismj.com He even has an entry on the blog promiting the img-tag.com site.

I've PM'd, and emailed him at two different email addresses. No reply whatsoever yet. Hoping he's on some kind of extended vacation that has him away from the Internet, but it's not looking good.

•••
Check his last post date, it's about a week ago. I think something bad could've happened to him, maybe an accident, or simply that he lost internet at home. I say give him another week, see if he comes back.

•••
lpxxfaintxx said:
Check his last post date, it's about a week ago. I think something bad could've happened to him, maybe an accident, or simply that he lost internet at home. I say give him another week, see if he comes back.

Was also considering that possibility.

However, check the last activity here.
http://www.namepros.com/member.php?u=18470

•••
I would suggest contacting GoDaddy. Even though it's over the number of days they say in their transfer emails, it's still worth doing it now.

Judging by his "last activity" time and his lack of response to RJ and others, he's clearly avoiding you. The longer you leave it, the less chance you have of getting the domain back through GoDaddy. As soon as the 60 days to transfer wait is up, I think that domain will be long gone and you'll never get it back.

Good luck. :)

EDIT: If he comes back at a later date with a legitimate excuse (and your money) then you can easily give him the domain back. I'm sure he'll understand why it happened.

Last edited:
•••
Well i've recently moved to An Dún which is about 25 milies from him.

If you want I can post him a copy of this thread?

I'm not calling round to many nutters in northern ireland

•••
Joseph said:
Well i've recently moved to An Dún which is about 25 milies from him.

If you want I can post him a copy of this thread?

I'm not calling round to many nutters in northern ireland

You are right about that Joe, there are a fair few down here too, let me tell you !!

•••
me and philfischer agree to knock down his door

•••
Wow.
I really don't like this things.
Someone Scammed me too.
I made him a template and he even gave me his webhost account. :(

Hope you learned a lesson.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back