IT.COM

SCAM from eliteinvestment.net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So i have received an offer from [email protected] for one of my domains. I have sent my price and i have received this email

1200. Ok.

Do you sell domain with a web site or just the name?

Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary.

Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my partners trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies.

Please check this blog with suggestions from other sellers and buyers:
http://webtalk.007sites.com/Archive/461239.htm

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply.

Here is my response

Hello

If you want my domain you can make yourself the appraisal. I will low my domain price from 1200 to 1000$ (so with 200$ you can make the appraisal in any company you want plus drink a coffe from me) :)

Regards

Ehehehee

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I assume they agreed, especially with a free coffee on offer.....lol

•••
These scammers are just lazy. I mean come on - update the scam website and email text already. You can spot these from a mile away.

•••
Haha, great job visar007! Sending you some rep for that excellent reply to the scammer :)

•••
Thnx www.LLLL.com :)

Bmugford they don't have time tu update the scam website because they are busy (cmon sending and replay 10 000 emails per hour is not an easy job) :)

•••
This is a very common and well documented Scam. Good eyes for spotting it.

•••
Yeagh...

I also got same e-mail alike this one (from Clotier).
I said to him...

" Sorry, I think I just dreaming and seen an angel in my slept. In my dreaming, Clotier was an angel, but in my real world, he is an evil".

:alien:

•••
i too got every excited when I received such email, offering to pay USD3,000 for a .net name I reg few days ago. But, after some thinking, it just does not make sense? They insist that I conduct a appraisal for my name, promising to pay more if the appraisal valued my name higher. They even have the chick to ask for 10% discount from the appraised price if it is higher then their initial offer.

I am a very easy going person and since they are so interested in my name, I offer to sell the name for USD10 (my cost is USD7), which after that, they stop writing to me.

So, i think the scam is about getting people to sign up to them for name appraisal.

•••
I've gotten emails from them as well. I never bothered to reply, but if they send any more in the future I think I'll write them back just to waste their time.

•••
I've got email from them too. Their offer looked too unbelievable, so I googled them and got here back to NamePros :)

I can't understand what they want to scam me? I offered them a considerable discount. And what will they do to scam me?

•••
The website is hosted on http://www.007sites.com/ and can be spotted so easily, no real company with thousands of dollars would have a free hosted site like that (after all, they do have money dont they?). Good thing you avoided this...

•••
visar007 said:
Here is my response

Hello

If you want my domain you can make yourself the appraisal. I will low my domain price from 1200 to 1000$ (so with 200$ you can make the appraisal in any company you want plus drink a coffe from me) :)

Regards

Ehehehee

haha FREE COFFEE!! oh i'll tak eyou up on that offer :sold:

•••
visar007 said:
So i have received an offer from [email protected] for one of my domains. I have sent my price and i have received this email

1200. Ok.

Do you sell domain with a web site or just the name?

Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary.

Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my partners trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies.

Please check this blog with suggestions from other sellers and buyers:
http://webtalk.007sites.com/Archive/461239.htm

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply.

Here is my response

Hello

Regards

Ehehehee
Nice reply, I think its a bit more professional then my one when I got their scam email http://www.namepros.com/3073086-post23.html

•••
•••
Eliteinvestment.net is registered by DOMAINSBYPROXY INC of Arizona. Their website Domainsbyproxy.com has a complaints form on it. This guy has a contact address in a tiny village in the U.K. which is probably false. He has scraped an article from a goverment website in Connecticut as his site content. This latest domain was started in Aug 08 on domainsbyproxy so there will be plenty more from him in the near future. Rumour has it that he has been a member of NPros and has been banned a few times, if this is true then someone here knows who he is.

•••
I got this to days ago sendt to my private email address. Wonder how they got my mail address since there is whois protection one the name they asked for.

Hello,

Your domain name has been found online. Please let us know your price.

We are in real estate business. Domain name industry is a new direction
for us. Sometimes we buy, sometimes we resell for making a profit.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,
Gene Vaksman
Vice President
Elite Network

•••
he/she won't show up for a cup of coffee.

•••
•••
•••
I just got his email, he seems to be targetting users from ebay also!

•••
•••
I got a similar scam from eliteinvestment!!
I replied "the price is 30 million dollar and you cannot afford it!"

I am pretty much sure that the scammer is a namepros member. I have a separate email for namepros and I haven't advertise my email anywhere(not in whois too).

I think it is very easy for Namepros team to catch this scammer because he have used "Send an message to jdenwar" link from my profile to send me a message.

Hope to hear from NP staff about this scammer! :|

Cheers!
-James

•••
Just received eMail from [email protected]:
Code:
Hello,

Regards,
William Norcross
Vice President
Elite Network
========================================================
NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.

My reply was:

My price is $1,000,000 (1,000,000 USD).

•••
Any response from them? :p

glabnet said:
Just received eMail from [email protected]:
Code:
Hello,

Regards,
William Norcross
Vice President
Elite Network
NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.

My reply was:

My price is $1,000,000 (1,000,000 USD).
:bah: 8^X

•••
Got this email yesterday from 'Murphy' at eliteinvestment.net

"I'm interested in your domain in the subject line.

Investing in domains is a profitable business. We are in real estate
business. Sometimes we buy, sometimes we resell for making a profit.

Looking forward to do business with you."

Smelled of a scam!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back