IT.COM

The appraisal scam....again. -Name Investment Boutique LLC-Brand Domain Name Services

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
My suggestion is that Namepros file a UDRP dispute as hes using your name in bad faith, amongst other illegal things.

I'm thinking about 60,000 - 80,000 USD for your domain. What do you think
about this price range?

Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain
appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very
important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation
company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from
independent sources I and my partners trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal
companies. Please check this blog with suggestions from other sellers and
buyers:
thenamepros.com/Archive/62931485.htm

Do you sell domain with a web site or just the name?

Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary.
If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price
accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15%
discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to
obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire
transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i am suggesting putting scammers names in the tags and then letting them know they are in scam thread at namepros .....i will be next time stefanie contacts me

•••
Yep I got the same one too. Thought it was legit at first and responded. We have been back and forth now for 2 days. This guy is better then ones I have seen before. Not as many obvious red flags and better language. I am still going back and forth now just to screw with him like he likes to do to everyone else. Then I am going to write a complaint to GoDaddy for hosting a scammer.

•••
Yep I got the same one too. Thought it was legit at first and responded. We have been back and forth now for 2 days. This guy is better then ones I have seen before. Not as many obvious red flags and better language. I am still going back and forth now just to screw with him like he likes to do to everyone else. Then I am going to write a complaint to GoDaddy for hosting a scammer.

Welcome this good decision to save newbies being victims

•••
Just signed up here to warn people for Yet Another Name.
I already didn't trust the whole situation, and after telling him we wouldn't be doing business I went searching and found this...

Hello!

I'm very interested in purchasing x.

I found it listed for sale.

Please respond with a desired price for your domain in the subject line (in USD, Euros or other currency).

If you have other names for sale please email me your list with prices.

Regards,

David Jacobson

CEO

VIP Hosting Solutions Bern

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication may contain private, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the designated and/or duly authorized recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and permanently delete all copies of this email including all attachments without reading them.

I'd add the source and email address, but this forum won't allow me to do it.

He seems to be using the domain "seven-forums" dot net to spread his spam nonsense, with a plain HTML page that makes it look like it's actually a archived forum post. It is rather hilarious, but understandable that some unfortunate people will fall victim to as... er... people like this.

•••
Just received the following email on 6/18.

Source Header:

Received: (qmail 21272 invoked by uid 30297); 18 Jun 2013 18:05:23 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO p3plibsmtp01-04.prod.phx3.secureserver.net) ([10.6.12.175])
(envelope-sender <[email protected]>)
by p3plsmtp01-01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net (qmail-1.03) with SMTP
for <removed.com>; 18 Jun 2013 18:05:23 -0000
Received: from n1nlshrout01.shr.prod.ams1.secureserver.net ([188.121.43.193])
by p3plibsmtp01-04.prod.phx3.secureserver.net with bizsmtp
id pu5M1l01Y4A3weL01u5MSQ; Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:05:23 -0700
X-Authority-Analysis: v=2.0 cv=Ba0GJMR2 c=1 sm=1
a=LInqF/NF2waiBHeZkinfgw==:17 a=KVakTMDXBXsA:10 a=BLceEmwcHowA:10
a=hYMybRnYAAAA:8 a=PqdfJpkoAAAA:8 a=GmzYMhqWtgYA:10 a=h1xzBS1l6yt95ThNJWUA:9
a=PDrxLTE7ZKgA:10 a=LInqF/NF2waiBHeZkinfgw==:117
Received: (qmail 992 invoked from network); 18 Jun 2013 18:05:20 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO N1NW8SHG123) ([188.121.41.139])
(envelope-sender <[email protected]>)
by n1nlshrout01.shr.prod.ams1.secureserver.net (qmail-ldap-1.03) with SMTP
for <removed.com>; 18 Jun 2013 18:05:20 -0000
thread-index: Ac5sTmWO+DDbPDSuQnWHYPoYO51nFQ==
Thread-Topic: removed.com
To: <removed.com>
Subject: removed.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:05:20 -0700
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
Importance: normal
Priority: normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6002.18463
X-Nonspam: None

Actual email:

Hello!

I'm interested in buying (removed).com.

I've found it through Sedo.

Please respond with how much you are looking for it. Just specify this price in the subject line.

If you have other names for sale please email me your list with prices.

Regards,

Isaac Borman, Ph.D.

Borman and Company Services

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication may contain private, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the designated and/or duly authorized recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and permanently delete all copies of this email including all attachments without reading them.

•••
I just fell for this scam.

New name is
Abram Gendelman

I sent a request to SWReg for a refund linking them with proof of emails and this thread. Will I get a full refund?

•••
I too have received emails in the past from someone offering a reasonable price for a domain name but saying their bank requires a professional domain appraisal, they give me a list of three appraisal companies that would be accepted by their bank. I read through it and did not fall for it. Watch out!!!!!

•••
I just fell for this scam.

New name is
Abram Gendelman

I sent a request to SWReg for a refund linking them with proof of emails and this thread. Will I get a full refund?

If you used a Credit Card or Paypal you might try calling Customer Service to request a chargeback.

•••
If you used a Credit Card or Paypal you might try calling Customer Service to request a chargeback.

Thank you, I ended up getting a refund. Since I provided full proof of evidence from the emails and this forum. The scammer immediately refunded my money on PayPal after I opened a dispute. Was he scared for his account to be suspended? Since at first the scammer emailed me saying the service isn't fraudulent (which it was), but after I opened the dispute and provided evidence he refunded my money.

•••
Good to see it ended well.

•••
I got also:

1). Hello!

I'm a broker of an investor from Halifax (Canada). He wants to buy xxxx-xxxx.com.

My client has 498,000 budget for 40-45 domains. Please specify your asking price in the subject of your message.

Our company is in a web hosting business. We also provide brokerage services for domain buyers.

If you have other domains please email me the list with prices. I may offer your domains for sale to my clients.

How can we transfer money to you (escrow, wire, Paypal or Western Union)?

I can also help you with the transfer process.

Best Regards,

Mark Rittenberg

Vice President | Virtual Web Technologies

Switzerland
Basel
Centralbahnstrasse 38
Phone: 061 259 35 617
-----
2). 12000 - Ok. Great! Before we proceed my investor needs only one thing from you:

As you may know all major domain brokers does not allow listing above 1000 or higher if you don't have an official appraisal. Since the sale price is not low in our case, my client needs an official certificate of price (appraisal). He also needs to know you have no trademark problems. It won't be a problem since I know an official appraiser that offers this option (trademark infringement verification) for free as a part of the appraisal service.

I'm also interested in a good valuation and a high sale price because my client pays me a commission (10-15% of the sale price) on every domain purchase. So I'm not interested in low sales too.

Of course, you should not use a free automated service like Estibot or similar services. My client won't accept them. I was working for Estibot and knew they were using automated scripts for free appraisals. In our case we need a real manual valuation.

To avoid mistakes and wasting money on useless automated services I asked in the forum about reliable manual valuation/TM verification services. Please read this:http://answers.archive-google.com/answers/threadview19382546.htm ("Domain Broker" is my nickname).

The process is very easy:

1. Go to the appraisal site and order the valuation with the TM verification. Submit your domains to them and let them know you have a buyer with X,XXX offer so you need the appraisal near this value. After several hours you will get the results.

2. Then send these results via email and we'll proceed with the deal.

If you are new to the appraisal process I can help you with a step by step instructions.

•••
I'm still confused as to why namepros.com dont do a UDRP on his thenamepros.com domain?

Why do you stand by and allow this guy to use the forums good name for his business scam?

Seriously?
Because he would have a very good argument that it is a separate thing altogether. If he is a domain seller/broker then TheNamePros is a name that makes sense....even if it close to NamesPro and as long as he does not have anything that shows bad faith against NamesPro then they probably wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

•••
To avoid mistakes and wasting money on useless automated services I asked in the forum about reliable manual valuation/TM verification services. Please read this:http://answers.archive-google.com/answers/threadview19382546.htm ("Domain Broker" is my nickname).

Wow grate, it's posted on Google platform, so must be 100% genuine..!!

but newbies never notice web address..

It is

http://answers.archive-google.com/answers/threadview19382546.htm

& not
http://answers.archive.google.com/answers/threadview19382546.htm

these are personal opinions and thus it also won't prove as genuine although if posted on google platform.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back