IT.COM

Robert Gardos from EliteInvestment.net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

I just got an email from this person telling me that they are interested in one my domains.

I made a search on this forum and the general feeling is that he is trying to cheat people so I'll post it here just to call your attention.

The email body is the very same I found here and there but I'll quote it too:

from [email protected]
to (me)
date Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:32 PM
subject Offer for (my domain) (sent 08/29/2008)

Hello,

Your domain name has been found online.

Please let us know your price.

We make money on selling and buying names and sites. Now the domain business is very attractive.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,
Robert Gardos
CEO Elite Technologies
======================================================== NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. ========================================================

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This looks like the appraisal scam.

WillCast said:
Hello,

I just got an email from this person telling me that they are interested in one my domains.

I made a search on this forum and the general feeling is that he is trying to cheat people so I'll post it here just to call your attention.

The email body is the very same I found here and there but I'll quote it too:

•••
bmugford said:
This looks like the appraisal scam.

Have to agree with you bmugford.... they never stop trying.....

•••
It's a scam, I've recently received few of them emails.

•••
Delete and block sender address.

•••
Definitely the appraisal scam.

•••
Several members at NamePros have received the same scam e-mail.

•••
DomainRaiders.com said:
Definitely the appraisal scam.

Agreed. I got one too.

•••
Got the email too

Count me as the latest to get this email.
I have followed Albert's advice.

Too bad. I thought I had a live one.

Padder

•••
This is a reminder - keep yourselves informed about scams by visiting the scam subforum (http://www.namepros.com/warnings-and-alerts/) often.

I've asked a Staff Member to move this thread over there - it's definitely info you want to keep yourself aware of!

•••
My story with this guy

Hello,
We make money on selling and buying names and sites. Now the domain
business is very attractive.

Regards,
Robert Gardos
CEO
Elite Investment

-------------

RE /me/

Hello,

Very interesting.
Overhear yesterday that some domain names can be found looking sunshine beach !

Please,give me Your offer !

Yes, I can see:
Domain Name: ELITEINVESTMENT.NET
Created on: 10-Aug-08
Expires on: 10-Aug-09
Last Updated on: 10-Aug-08
You make money all 18 days..

Why not?
Everything is possible.
----------------------------------------

RE /guy/

What is your response?
----------------------------------------

RE: /me/

Place for offers (Sedo)
domain.com
domain.net
or for all package:
domain.com
domain.net
domain.info
domain.org

through PM on email.

---------------------------------------------

RE /guy/

I'm a reliable domain buyer and reseller.
You can read about me in forums (ceo(at)eliteinvestment.net)
.......webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=5280198
As you can see I really buy and sell names. User GolfStream_5 (my last domain seller) wrote about our deal.
Can you accept 15,000 USD for the full package?
Do you sell domain with a web site or just the name?
Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary.
Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my partners trust.
To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies.
Please check this blog with suggestions from other sellers and buyers:
......domainblog.007sites.com/Archive/420689.htm
If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.
After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations.
What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?
Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply.

--------------------------------------
RE: (me)

2008/8/27 CEO Elite Investment <ceo(at)eliteinvestment.net>

I'm a reliable domain buyer and reseller.
I see.With company domain name registered through DomainsByProxy...

You can read about me in forums (ceo(at)eliteinvestment.net)
.....webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=5280198
As you can see I really buy and sell names. User GolfStream_5 (my last domain seller) wrote about our deal.

What is your realy name:
George Ogilvie from Ogilvie Technologies...Robert Gardos from Elite Investment..
How many names you have:)

Can you accept 15,000 USD for the full package
?

Yes,I will.
Place your $15K offer at Sedo for .com domain.Put the message: "My first and finaly offer" and I will know that offer is yours .And I will accept.
Other domains you will grab for free:)

Please,browse domains and you will find all answers.

Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my partners trust.

Nice trick. Please, dont tell me you expect that I belive in your scam appraisals suggestion.Unbelivable.

...domainblog.007sites.com/Archive/420689.htm...

How many nick names you have:)

And finaly: please, dont sent me mail again. I have no time for absurd offers like yours.

Tnx,,

-----------------------------------------------

to be continue,...maybe ...:))

•••
Got an email from this character!

Gonna wind him up rotten ;)

•••
I received the same e-mail... he agrees to pay what you ask for... then it's... "oh wait, by the way, I need an appraisal first to be sure." In the words of Cousin Eddie from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation... "That's just real nice Clark... real nice". :P

•••
•••
I just have received from [email protected] but the scammer is out of date because the domain has been sold almost a month ago

•••
Huh?

"Your domain name has been found online."

Ha! Brilliant start on the email. Where else would you find a domain name for sale? I don't usually look in the newspaper, or in magazines for domain names! :o

Frank

•••
Hi All....I just got an email from this clown and I check his domain reg on go daddy...it is registered to a proxy domain registration company. I go to their website and they say they are cpmpletely against spams and scams. They have several links to complain about a domain that they proxy participating in "questionable practices".

I know 1 complaint is not going to do much, but a couple thousand may make this guys life a little more miserable. A little recompense for those he has scammed in the past.

this is the link to their website.....http://www.domainsbyproxy.com/LegalAgreement.aspx

Thanks for the heads up on this, it stopped me from falling victim as well.

•••
Guy from Eliteinvestment

I've gotten msg's from this guy too, under a different name.

Hello,

We make money on selling and buying names and sites. Now the domain business is very attractive.

Regards,
Anthony Monteiro
CEO
ELT LLC

I tell him a huge # (35k) and I get this email:

35,000. Ok.

http://webtalk.007sites.com/Archive/421689.htm

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

•••
The elite investments saga continues

got the part two email today as we have sen in this forum it goes something like this........

Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 5:49 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Offer for articlefiend.net (sent 09/10/2008)

1000 for all three. Ok.

a web site or just the name?

http://webtalk.007sites.com/Archive/425389.htm

Can you accept 12,000 USD?

My response...

To: ELI LLC
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: Offer for articlefiend.net (sent 09/10/2008)

I have been selling domains for quite awhile and have found that pay for appraisal services are highly overrated. I just run a quick check through www.nameboy.com, and tend to take a few hundred off their estimation to make it fair. The prices I am asking are reasonable, and I have received several other offers on these domains. Even though the offers are not at $1000, the cost at your recommended appraiser would make the difference negligible.

If you want the domains forward the $1000.00 to this email address through paypal, once the funds are cleared I will take the necessary steps to get the domains transfered to your name. If not let me know.

Thank you for your interest.

He of course came back with the everyone des this as course of business routine, sent him my links to forums and the like outlining his scam and am waiting for the response. There are MANY MANY references to this scam out there..he only got about 8 of them from me.

I'll keep you posted as to his response, if he even chooses to repond at this point.

•••
Hey, I got mine, too! :)

Nice to not be left out. My first contact came with a different last name, too:

Regards,
Paul Rancour
CEO
ELI LLC
The first seemed tame enough, but here's the followup I just got (lol):

Can you accept 90,000 USD?

Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain
appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very
important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation
company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from
independent sources I and my partners trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal
companies.

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price
accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15%
discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to
obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire
transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

•••
I rec'd same email with Paul Rancour as sender

I received the exact same email as above. I responded once, but won't again. Very new to this but eager to learn.

Where is the best place to sell your domains? I have them parked at
Sedo and Namedrive. A few views. But how do I promote them?
Are appraisals necessary?
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks~

•••
Got similar e-mails with different "CEO" names inserted. They just want you to buy the "manual" appraisal services they recommend (starting at 60 Euros an appraisal). They have no real interest in your domain -- they seem to pick an obscure, low-value domain that you own and then say they will give you a ridiculously high price for it, then insist that you get a "manual" appraisal.

•••
OK, so I got this email:
Hello,

Regards,
Jacob Davidson
Vice President
Elite Investment

Clearly appraisal scam, so I replied:
Hello Jacob,

We feel this domain is very valuable and we see that you share this view. We are willing to settle for 52 goats for this domain. I hope you agree with this valuation. We have had an independent certified appraisal of this domain and you can view that here http://d3n.org/IMG.jpg

We hope for a response ASAP as there are other interested buyers who might be willing to offer 60 goats.

Regards,
Dean van der Elite Domainer

•••
•••
:lol:
I wonder if he will actually check the appraisal :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back