NameSilo

Sav Official Thread

Located in Domain Registrar Reviews, started by Nick R, Aug 3, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Nick R

Nick R VIP Member VIP

@autobot The password field only accepts these special characters: ~*[email protected]$#%_+.?:-,{}

We do display this list of characters in the message but it frequently gets looked right over.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. ArielT

ArielT Top Contributor VIP

Does SAV have for sale landing page?

3. Nick R

Nick R VIP Member VIP

4. ArielT

Good one. Although I see that is not ssl

5. Nick R

Nick R VIP Member VIP

The page itself is not SSL but the checkout process is at Sav.com and that does have SSL

6. ArielT

Yes, but anyway ssl landing looks better. I think It should be implemented

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  7. emadpino

emadpino Established Member

Yeah same experience here. WTF. they need to change this stupid charging system.

8. Nick R

Nick R VIP Member VIP

To ensure that everyone on the auctions platform knows they are bidding against other bidders who will be able to complete the payment for their bid, we do preauthorize bids from all new bidders. Once a bidder completes a few auctions without a payment issue, we stop pre-authing them for every bid. In the mean time, we do recommend that new bidders enter their max bid into the system once and let the auctions proxy bid for them as needed to prevent multiple pre-auths.

To try to make this clear as well, we do have this next to the button to confirm every bid submitted: By submitting your bid, you agree that you have read Sav's How Auctions Work page and understand that your credit card may be authorized for your bid upon submission.

9. Nick R

Nick R VIP Member VIP

We’re excited to announce that PayPal is now available for all purchases on Sav. PayPal is one of your most requested features on NP and we’re excited to make this payment option available for all purchases!

In addition to this new payment option we've added another frequently requested update. High auction bidders will now have up to two business days to pay for auctions they win.

10. twiki

twiki Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

I'm having consistent issue with payments via credit card lately, since about 2 weeks or so. Basically only the first 1-2 payments get in, then it shows the error "unable to process payment". I've seen that changing the amount sometimes allows another extra buy to get in. I usually make 10 purchases or so each day, well, I have to go to other registrars.

There's no issue with the card, also stacked with cash. Also hours later same card works fine on the same Sav website.

What's going on? You're losing sales.

11. Nick R

Nick R VIP Member VIP

Our support team will be able to look into that for you - [email protected]. Off the cuff, it sounds like our fraud detection inaccurately flagging some transactions. If that is the case, our support team can get an exception put into the system for your account to prevent that from happening in the future as well.

12. twiki

twiki Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

Thanks! Will email support.

13. Amiens

Amiens Established Member

Hi Nick,
    I backordered a name yesterday on Sav, the name was caught and my card was charged, but I am yet to see the name in my account. How long does it take to get the name moved to my account?

14. Nick R

Nick R VIP Member VIP

Typically domains arrive in a few hours but can take up to a day to show up depending on the size of the queue. If you reach out to [email protected] they can check in on it.

15. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

so we can list nonsav names on yer market and use u as escrow to complete sales? how? what fees ? paypal payout? fees? ty

16. LUP

LUP Top Contributor VIP

Glad to hear that. Awesome

17. Bipul

Bipul Established Member

As Nick mentioned- few hours , If there was multiple backorders, It might be in auction.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  18. Nick R

Nick R VIP Member VIP

@alcy - You can list domains that are at other registrars! We do need to verify ownership but that can be done via nameserver, meta tag or txt record - your account will give you the details when you go to list them. When they are sold, the transfer in fee is covered by the buyer as well. Payment options are PayPal, Check, ACH or Wire and the fees vary based on method and country. The most popular payout method is US ACH and the fee for that is only $0.50. The sale is handled via Sav like any other sale and your commission is still only 4%.

19. thekiller

thekiller Top Contributor VIP

Is afternic fast transfer still work in progress?

20. Nick R

Nick R VIP Member VIP

Unfortunately no update since our post a few weeks ago.

21. emadpino

@Nick R
    On 2nd November I made 2 bids $10 and $20. you charged my card $30.
    I sent an email to [email protected] on 12th November, so far no response.
    Until now, the money has not been returned to my card !!!!!!!!!!!

22. emadpino

Still no reply from @Nick R @sav.com
    Still no refund since 2nd November, today is 16 November !!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Nick R

Nick R VIP Member VIP

Hello. Please DM me you Sav email address and I would be happy to take a look and see what is going on.

24. emadpino

@Nick R DM sent.

25. emadpino

@Nick R .. Refund received and the case is now closed. thanks

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice