Domain Empire

sales Rick sells ACRepair.com for 1.5M

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
@Rick Schwartz just uploaded via his Twitter;

7997DE8F-9BA4-4DC5-96BD-594027CC728E.jpeg

Thanks to Mr. Schwartz for disclosing time of negotiation, minimum price, where many NDA (buys their silence) this helps, way should be.
$1.5M the man has earned right say whatever.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm confused by this. My guess is since he said hes in the AC business now he got some stock as part of selling it? So maybe 1.5mil plus stock????

•••
I just scanned the thread...gots grill going...but Rick has sold more than one name in the past and made a portion of the proceeds (from development) part of the deal. I haven't checked where or if it resolves yet, but you can bet by summertime it will be active.

•••
People could max out the credit card registering every acrepairSTATE.com and acrepairCITY.com and even acrepairTOWN.com. The list goes on :)

•••
Rick sold the domain to an AC repair company for a cash sum + stock/equity/similar.

Over time, he will get a contractual minimum $1.5m in his pocket. If the business does big revenue numbers, he stands to earn more on top of the $1.5m.

Not sure what the confusion is? This type of deal happens all the time.

thank you— the claims of misdirection in this thread are ridiculous. Rick always asks a hell of alot out of his deals. He probably asked for much more in cash or this route cash plus equity. He sometimes gives payment plans too so will not call it a “Sale” until the deal is done.

•••
Im sure he made a great deal with an AC Repair company with obtaining a piece of their business. Your stating he sold it for $1.5 million dollars. I dont see that.

“Value of $1.5M” interchangeable to me; 1.5M?
can liquidate his asset? Mr. Lawyer walk away $1.5M guaranteed that’s all that matters, guaranteed money

@Mod Team Bravo @Mod Team Echo change title “value $1.5M+“ if possible (what rick said. ——> “Minimum value of $1.5M” (y)

Does it really matter? i hope he cashes out —just to spite you :-P (assuming 100% equity) which i doubt, really dont care- 50/50 mix etc..

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
He said he signed a contract and that he is in AC business, it is not clear what type of deal he is talking about!

•••
To reaffirm what @.NJ stated, nowhere did Rick say that he sold the domain. Everything he wrote would lead one to assume he has just purchased it.

•••
He said he signed a contract and that he is in AC business, it is not clear what type of deal he is talking about!

signed a contract for minimum $1.5M value

what is value? how is it measured?

Last edited:
•••
sogned a contract for minimum $1.5M value

what is value? how is it measured?

What is the contract that's the question not the value

•••
Right....

Misdirection like any other day in the domain world.

i disagree and think you’re being harsh on him,
(sorry if i took it personally)

Rick still gave wayyyyy more than most, under his circumstances. (who knows if pressured not to even share like most people spend lot..
now know why say “7 figures” and call it a day

Last edited:
•••
I'm confused by this. My guess is since he said hes in the AC business now he got some stock as part of selling it? So maybe 1.5mil plus stock????

This times a million!!!

Who celebrates buying a $1.5M AC domain?
and it’s Rick Schwartz! sold more million dollar domains AND piece of pie than anyone else.

Would it shock u if he got $1.5M cash+ equity?

•••
This! finally now we’re in agreement :xf.smile:

Samer
I meant that in a way of domainers wasting money from the misdirection of Rick's post.

•••
If I understand the text correctly.
Rick is now in AC business worth $1.5M.
Domain ACRepair/com is part of the deal, Possibly swapped for shares in the new business.
Premium domains are solid assets - not necessarily in monetary terms.

Nonetheless congrats.

•••
Rick sold the domain to an AC repair company for a cash sum + stock/equity/similar.

Over time, he will get a contracual minimum $1.5m in his pocket. If the business does big revenue numbers, he stands to earn more on top of the $1.5m.

Not sure what the confusion is? This type of deal happens all the time.

Thank you!

“minor semantics”

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
Maybe it's sold for a local company in Florida where's AC is a big business. I don't think a company can service the entire world.

•••
Congrats, If this was posted in the appraisal section a few days ago i don't think many would value it all that high.

Last edited:
•••
Notice how Rick isn't clarifying the sale in his Twitter post....

He was asked multiple times what type of deal it was and what the 1.5 million min value meant. He didnt respond to any of the comments when asked.

Im sure its a great deal for him and 100% congrats to him.

But the $1.5 sale misdirection isnt cool.

Last edited:
•••
Was that the first domain alphabetically in his portfolio?

•••
•••
It’s bluster. No clear declaration of what he sold it for, or if it even sold outright at all. Typical.
he doesn't owe you a breakdown.

•••
I can't see it being 1.5 mil... most HVAC companies don't make that much per year??

How about making that much in one contract?

•••
I mean, besides air conditioners... what does ACRepair stand for? I can't see it being 1.5 mil... most HVAC companies don't make that much per year??

I mean, I've seen titan domainers with domains like boiler repair serv... or something of that nature, and they're only asking for xxx,xxx or even high xx,xxx...

You'd be surprised how much HVAC companies make. In Canada, those guys are some of the most busy high demand skilled workers.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back