IT.COM

discuss $RICH!! Online, Top, only Com. Oh No!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HotKey

Made in CanadaTop Member
Impact
Here you go, fear-mongers, peddlers, used car salesmen and attention-seekers: This thread is just for you!

Yes, you! You know who you are.. peddling your crap, injecting your agenda into every post or thread whenever possible, or showing up here every few months pretending to contribute to the domain investing community.

What about you too? The one's whom title threads with WARNING! etc etc only it turns out to be an inconsequential event that didn't turn out in your favor, thus by golly you better warn us all!

And of course, let's not forget about how .com is DEAD and the next big one is right around the corner..

My special little headliners, I repeat: This thread is just for you! Use it well and quit wasting our time with your silly crap elsewhere, because guess what?

~ WE SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU ~

examples welcome:

"Only .com! (because that's all I own)"
".Top is Top (I will keep posting it even though I just did)"
"Did you get rich? (oh wait, neither did I)"
"Thousands .Online (I'm not a hoarder but everyone else is)"
"Warning Warning (something didn't turn out in my favour)"
".com is DEAD! (and I have proof :-/)"

Get to it! Let's poop on each others BS!

❤️ , HotKey

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GTLDS Are scrap yard junk... but i am OLD ..so lol

Don't you mean JunkYardScrap addict? and you're not that old, I think you're just confused:xf.confused:

.online is the new .com(y)

•••
7 days, 100K dropped. A short, 24h P&D didn’t have any power to keep the .online up.
online.png

Nothing agains .online, just reg. numbers doesn’t seem to be a good signal

Last edited:
•••
What you FAIL to realize Joe is that I actually enjoy what I'm doing, and should at the end of a year I recover the equivalent of "minimum wage" I'll be more than happy:xf.smile:
Okay, well there you go. No expectation of financial gain from this venture. I'm glad we cleared that up.

If this is primarily a hobby for you, then you're all set. I wish you maximum fun!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Okay, well there you go. No expectation of financial gain from this venture. I'm glad we cleared that up.

If this is primarily a hobby for you, then you're all set. I wish you maximum fun!
Too funny....any new venture that breaks even the first year is a HUGE success. Maybe now you see just how disingenuous you are:xf.smile:

•••
Too funny....any new venture that breaks even the first year is a HUGE success. Maybe now you see just how disingenuous you are:xf.smile:

You have been investing in domains for 3+ years now. Hopefully your business doesn't get classified as a hobby, since it has negative tax ramifications.

Brad

•••
7 days, 100K dropped. A short, 24h P&D didn’t have any power to keep the .online up.
Show attachment 188942

Nothing agains .online, just reg. numbers doesn’t seem to be a good signal

Lox...it really is pretty disingenuous of you to post just a 7 day graph showing where 100K domains were purged from the .online portfolio. I choose to look at the statistics from NTLDStats.com where you can see that .online has been exponentially moving up to exceed 2M DUM (domains under management). Combat that with other meaningful research, and you'll see why I'm so excited about the future. Stay tuned:xf.grin:

•••
Lox...it really is pretty disingenuous of you to post just a 7 day graph showing where 100K domains were purged from the .online portfolio. I choose to look at the statistics from NTLDStats.com where you can see that .online has been exponentially moving up to exceed 2M DUM (domains under management).
Did the beginning of the increase by any chance correspond to the start of the bargain basement pricing on .online names?

•••
Did the beginning of the increase by any chance correspond to the start of the bargain basement pricing on .online names?

Or Rich registering thousands of .online domains. :xf.grin:

Brad

•••
____________________________________________________________________________________

"disingenuous" synonyms;

deceitful
false
unfair
hypocritical
cunning
false
insidious

Marek....something really is happening with Radix and their two new gTLD extensions .online and .site. (check out ntldstats.com:xf.smile:). Much to the chagrin of traditional .com oldtimer's, .online is rapidly becoming a viable and affordable alternative to the overpriced and unavailable .com.

chagrin like disingenuous is one of my favorite words in English....now you'll have to excuse me while i check to see if chagrin.online is available to register:xf.wink:

risk vs. reward BABY!
Rich, I like .online and .site a lot personally - wish I would have more of these in my portfolio. I prefer high-quality 1 worders in those extensions.

Much to the chagrin of many here, I keep directing my money to new gTLDs (but only if they make good sense and are with low renewal fees) :)

•••
Well, great news! Disingenuous.online is available!!!

Much to my chagrin, chagrin.online was not available :(
disin.PNG

•••
Or Rich registering thousands of .online domains. :xf.grin:

Brad

So Brad....Jump Start out of the UK seems to own DataCube.online according to WHOIS. Would you own that piece of crap:xf.wink:

•••
Well, great news! Disingenuous.online is available!!!

Much to my chagrin, chagrin.online was not available :(
Show attachment 188987

Recons....i see where you own Recons.online according to WHOIS. Why would you own a piece of crap name like that? I'm curious, were you able to pick up Houston.online?

•••
Rich, I like .online and .site a lot personally - wish I would have more of these in my portfolio. I prefer high-quality 1 worders in those extensions.

Much to the chagrin of many here, I keep directing my money to new gTLDs (but only if they make good sense and are with low renewal fees) :)

Marek...i too like the high-quality single word domains but unfortunately many of them are taken. I just checked and I have a couple hundred single word domains in the .online extension, but I own 2,800 two word domains some of which are even better than the single word.

Finally, messing with some of these oldtimers.online is priceless. I don't know how long they can keep up the charade, but I'm loving it(y)

•••

Joe....why do you think I'm feeling so accomplished.online compared to you being disingenuous?

•••
Lox...it really is pretty disingenuous of you to post just a 7 day graph showing where 100K domains were purged from the .online portfolio. I choose to look at the statistics from NTLDStats.com where you can see that .online has been exponentially moving up to exceed 2M DUM (domains under management). Combat that with other meaningful research, and you'll see why I'm so excited about the future. Stay tuned:xf.grin:

Agree.

Still trying to figure out what I don’t know about .online and you are aware of it.

To get the nGTLD on the surface (popularity) + stable pricing (tricky) , we’ll have to pay a hefty price to the registries (ex domainers, dns guys) and wait for more than 5 years before the IoT is ready.

And they (registries) did everything in their powers to steal the money from the mainstream force - domain investors. As seen on NPs (.best, etc), skipping the truth 🤥 about the Effectiveness of .ext , not investing much in their promotion - letting me, you, all of us, incl. end users to promote their business for free.

Some of ngtld investors are successful but mostly bc the business is based on strictly - “oneword.ext”.

Well, let’s wait for .. another 5 years.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Agree.

Still trying to figure out what I don’t know about .online and you are aware of it.

To get the nGTLD on the surface (popularity) + stable pricing (tricky) , we’ll have to pay a hefty price to the registries (ex domainers, dns guys) and wait for more than 5 years before the IoT is ready.

And they (registries) did everything in their powers to steal the money from the mainstream force - domain investors. As seen on NPs (.best, etc), skipping the truth 🤥 about the Effectiveness of .ext , not investing much in their promotion - letting me, you, all of us, incl. end users to promote their business for free.

Some of ngtld investors are successful but mostly bc the business is based on strictly - “oneword.ext”.

Well, let’s wait for .. another 5 years.

Regards
Lox....in five years I'll be 78 years young and I want to build a major brokerage by that time. I was just sharing with Andrew Allemann a plan for listing 50% of my 3,000 .online domains at Go Daddy (because of their new landers) and the other 50% with Epik. In addition I plan to have my own website up and running for "end users" to reference, and where they can learn that .online is rapidly becoming the new .com. You've heard me talk about a "users group" for .online "users" where a percent of sales will fund/fuel marketing of the new .online extension.

Lox....a lot of people who know me including Rob Monster of Epik have said that i'm capable of selling ice to Eskimos, and while that may be true, I actually believe in what I'm selling. Certain domains/names/brands accommodate the .online extension better than the .com extension.

Finally about "pricing". I plan on keeping it as simple as possible, have two tiers standard and premium, and provide several payment options. Due to my experience of starting, naming and operating businesses we also plan on doing custom naming and consulting.

Instead of 5 years Lox, my goal is for .online to become a major player in 5 months. Stat tuned(y)

•••
So Brad....Jump Start out of the UK seems to own DataCube.online according to WHOIS. Would you own that piece of crap:xf.wink:

Nope. When you own the .COM there is really no need to own any other extension.

I have a few other extensions for brand protection reasons, but once you go down that new extension rabbit hole for brand protection, you all of a sudden have a bunch or registrations you will never use.

Brad

•••
Joe....why do you think I'm feeling so accomplished.online compared to you being disingenuous?
I just assumed it was some kind of mental imbalance...

•••
Recons....i see where you own Recons.online according to WHOIS. Why would you own a piece of crap name like that? I'm curious, were you able to pick up Houston.online?

Hmm... Why would you make up stuff like that? I own exactly zero .online names.

If I own .com of a name, I'd never bother registering any other extension, except, perhaps, .org if there is some relevance for that and for my own use (and, maybe, .us).

•••
I'd sooner set up a kiosk outside my house to provide access to my site than buy the .online, it would be more successful.

Jooooke.

Seriously though, .online isn't even my 12th choice of extension to register to protect my brands. I consider them worthless.

Just one man's opinion.

•••
Hmm... Why would you make up stuff like that? I own exactly zero .online names.

If I own .com of a name, I'd never bother registering any other extension, except, perhaps, .org if there is some relevance for that and for my own use (and, maybe, .us).
I didn't make it up but here's what anyone reading this will find checking WHOIS;

WHOIS: search results
Domain Name: RECONS.ONLINE
Registrar: Network Solutions
Creation Date: 2020-05-13
Registration Organization: Recons

Elkan....i guess there's another business named "Recons" that registered recons.online...i assumed incorrectly that it was you so I apologize.

I'm sorry for you too that you own "exactly zero .online names", especially when you consider the risk vs. reward potential for a name like Houston.online when records show that Houston.com sold for $17,000.

Anyway....thanks for following me and attempting to prove me wrong(y)

•••
I just assumed it was some kind of mental imbalance...
Joe....i apologize to you and Brad for not being as attentive as usual, but my focus on .online has been all consuming. Everywhere I turn things are happening.online....even shithappens.online:xf.smile:

For some of my new creations online, you know where to go:xf.wink:

•••
I'm sorry for you too that you own "exactly zero .online names", especially when you consider the risk vs. reward potential for a name like Houston.online when records show that Houston.com sold for $17,000.
Now Houston.online is a decent name, Rich. Well done. I would focus acquisitions on names of that strength in order to improve your chances of profiting from these investments.

•••
Joe....i apologize to you and Brad for not being as attentive as usual, but my focus on .online has been all consuming.
The hobby is going strong!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back