IT.COM

debate How many of you got RICH investing in .com names in 2020 - 2021?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
How many of you got RICH investing in .com names in 2020 - 2021? Let's discuss.

Those of you who know me know also that when it comes to .com names, my personal thinking is that it is too late for most people to invest in them.

Saying that I would like to be corrected if the above opinion is wrong. It might be possible that you invested in .com name in some period between the years 2020 - 2021, and got successful?

Please share your stories, and persuade hardcore new gTLD investors like me that .com is still relevant.

Thank you :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I am very happy to invest in dotcom domains, in 2020 I have sales of more than 2000 dotcom domains. The dotcom domain business is very profitable

You sold 2000 domains in 2020? What’s your portfolio size? Average sales price?

•••
You sold 2000 domains in 2020? What’s your portfolio size? Average sales price?
I currently have more than 3000 domains

•••
I currently have more than 3000 domains

That is an unheard of ratio.

I would love to know the mechanics of selling 2000 domains with a portfolio that size.

Unless you have hundreds of thousands of domains the only way I can see is for extremely low reseller prices and/or massive bulk sales.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
That is an unheard of ratio.

I would love to know the mechanics of selling 2000 domains with a portfolio that size.

Unless you have hundreds of thousands of domains the only way I can see is for extremely low reseller prices and/or massive bulk sales.

Brad
Hi @bmugford
mostly sold to domainers, at low prices

•••
Hi @bmugford
mostly sold to domainers, at low prices

That makes more sense. I assume you are making some bulk sales.

2000 individual sales, almost 7 a day, would be a nightmare to manage.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
my selling price is $ 15- $ 25,000
99 percent dotcom

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I feel like sharing one thing I wish I had not done -

grabbed too many from the much-picked-over Mike Mann drop list...

•••
Rich is a broad spectrum .. I do know some people that have grown wealth from the domain name industry… I have grown wealth in the industry in 2020 and continuing in 2021 … growing wealth is broad as well and has different meaning to each individual IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back