IT.COM

discuss $RICH!! Online, Top, only Com. Oh No!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HotKey

Made in CanadaTop Member
Impact
Here you go, fear-mongers, peddlers, used car salesmen and attention-seekers: This thread is just for you!

Yes, you! You know who you are.. peddling your crap, injecting your agenda into every post or thread whenever possible, or showing up here every few months pretending to contribute to the domain investing community.

What about you too? The one's whom title threads with WARNING! etc etc only it turns out to be an inconsequential event that didn't turn out in your favor, thus by golly you better warn us all!

And of course, let's not forget about how .com is DEAD and the next big one is right around the corner..

My special little headliners, I repeat: This thread is just for you! Use it well and quit wasting our time with your silly crap elsewhere, because guess what?

~ WE SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU ~

examples welcome:

"Only .com! (because that's all I own)"
".Top is Top (I will keep posting it even though I just did)"
"Did you get rich? (oh wait, neither did I)"
"Thousands .Online (I'm not a hoarder but everyone else is)"
"Warning Warning (something didn't turn out in my favour)"
".com is DEAD! (and I have proof :-/)"

Get to it! Let's poop on each others BS!

❤️ , HotKey

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I will add .web to the $RICH mix, once it arrives. It is for sure sure to be the next top .com that we will visit online on the web and we'll all be rich in a year.

In legal documents released by ICANN yesterday, Verisign’s lawyers say: “The undisputed evidence is that Verisign needs a TLD like .WEB for growth given the decreased name availability in .COM”

Ben.....it really is a fact there's decreased name availability in .COM, but that statement needs some clarification. Over the last several months I've registered about 3,000 .online domains where the name left of the dot over 90% of the time has a .com equivalent. While fewer than 20% of these names lead to an actual website doing business, the vast majority of them are either "parked" or are "for sale" at brokers like DAN, SEDO, HUGE DOMAINS, BRAND BUCKET, GO DADDY/UNI etc. Typically they're so overpriced they just aren't affordable:xf.frown:. However looking at your site you actually provide affordable solutions using many different extensions. You have some real good names @ Genuine.Domains, but the typical "end user" doesn't know they exist:xf.frown:

Anyway, i wanted to compliment you on your site, and I hope that someday you'll blow the cover off the ball:xf.wink:. Good Luck!

btw, GenuineDomains.online is available to buy from GD for just .99 cents, and because you transact business "online" i think you should own it(y)

•••
Good question..

From Domain Name Wire today;

"The company also announced that it expects an Independent Review Panel to issue a ruling on .web within 60 days from April 7. Verisign won the auction for the domain but runner-up bidder Afilias disputed the auction because Verisign bid through a different entity."

•••
Brad, i know you couldn't be successful doing what I'm doing, and I just thank God I'm not you:xf.smile:
Lol. Rich, you're not even successful doing what you're doing!

•••
Lol. Rich, you're not even successful doing what you're doing!
Glad you showed up Joe....and speaking of success, you might try contributing something/anything of value to this thread that a Canadian friend of mine Hot Key started. Good Luck:xf.wink:

•••
Glad you showed up Joe....and speaking of success, you might try contributing something/anything of value to this thread that a Canadian friend of mine Hot Key started. Good Luck:xf.wink:
Already checked that box!

•••
Already checked that box!

Fish.online:xf.wink: this one reminds me of you Joe. I don't own it, but I own similar .online domains that make perfect sense. Living on the Atlantic Ocean the vernacular "online" happens to be very popular.

If you care to see an example of .com hoarding just go to Billfish.com and you'll get the idea:xf.smile:

•••
Fish.online:xf.wink: this one reminds me of you Joe. I don't own it, but I own similar .online domains that make perfect sense. Living on the Atlantic Ocean the vernacular "online" happens to be very popular.

If you care to see an example of .com hoarding just go to Billfish.com and you'll get the idea:xf.smile:
I'm too busy getting a load of all this .online hoarding!

Rich, if you really cared about those poor end users who can't afford a .com, you'd promote other extensions pro bono, without trying to sell them yourself at a huge markup from registration fee prices.

•••
"Thousands .Online (I'm not a hoarder but everyone else is)"

Rich, if you really cared about those poor end users who can't afford a .com, you'd promote other extensions pro bono, without trying to sell them yourself at a huge markup from registration fee prices.

:xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
365/24/7 P&D

04/20 - 04/21 (10M down)

newgTLD.png

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Anyway, i wanted to compliment you on your site, and I hope that someday you'll blow the cover off the ball:xf.wink:. Good Luck!
Thank you- appreciated. The site is great for attracting a ton of non-domain related inquiries for whatever reason.. and the ball seems to be on a steady uphill roll with a kick every now and then to help move it along.

New gTLDs are a hope not a promise in terms of investment returns (which I am fine with and expected), and hopefully that view will change to match the bullish outlook I have on quality dn usage throughout. Folks can do better, and they should! We play a part in that as investors, without being gimmicky and superficial. I think there is a disconnect between what's needed, and a quality domain name.
btw, GenuineDomains.online is available to buy from GD for just .99 cents, and because you transact business "online" i think you should own it(y)
Ok but consider looking at it this way.. why trade a perfectly tailored suit to something that's baggy and oversized?
And don't give me the answer your personal tailor gave you.. :P

•••
You obviously know very little about risk vs. reward. Only an entrepreneur with a vision would own 3,000 .online domains costing $3,000 whose exact match .com equivalents are valued @ over 18 Million dollars:xf.rolleyes:

Did you attend NamesCon.online? or did you go to NamesCon.golf:xf.wink:

Congrats! You just got namesconned.online!!! ;) Don't trust the namescon artists ;)

•••
Congrats! You just got namesconned.online!!! ;) Don't trust the namescon artists ;)
They're pretty good aren't they:xf.grin:....it's been a few years ago, but weren't you the member who predicted I wouldn't be here very long?

Hearmenow.online:xf.wink:....not to be confused with Hearit.online:xf.smile:

•••
365/24/7 P&D

04/20 - 04/21 (10M down)

True Lox...but .online is a completely different story. They've been growing exponentially since they launched in 2015:xf.smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Thank you- appreciated. The site is great for attracting a ton of non-domain related inquiries for whatever reason.. and the ball seems to be on a steady uphill roll with a kick every now and then to help move it along.

New gTLDs are a hope not a promise in terms of investment returns (which I am fine with and expected), and hopefully that view will change to match the bullish outlook I have on quality dn usage throughout. Folks can do better, and they should! We play a part in that as investors, without being gimmicky and superficial. I think there is a disconnect between what's needed, and a quality domain name.

Ok but consider looking at it this way.. why trade a perfectly tailored suit to something that's baggy and oversized?
And don't give me the answer your personal tailor gave you.. :P
Just in case you're in an accident wearing your perfectly tailored suit. Accidents happen online:xf.wink:

•••
In legal documents released by ICANN yesterday, Verisign’s lawyers say: “The undisputed evidence is that Verisign needs a TLD like .WEB for growth given the decreased name availability in .COM”
It feels like that statement means growth of Verisign's bottom line.

For domain name prices to continue to rise we want there to be less availability. It's only natural for things that are useful and highly sought after to cost significant sums to acquire and be in scant supply.

But price is dictated by demand, if people can't get what they want for their .coms they'll eventually have to price them correctly or they won't sell.

From what I've seen there are still plenty of names that are short and brandable that cost less than 1000 usd to acquire.

Having boundaries and restrictions is something that gives rise to ingenuity, that's also good for the Internet. People don't just want one word domains. I'm creating websites all the time and I always manage to come up with a name that I like. To be me there isn't a problem that these extensions solve.

Last edited:
•••
It feels like that statement means growth of Verisign's bottom line.

For domain name prices to continue to rise we want there to be less availability. It's only natural for things that are useful and highly sought after to cost significant sums to acquire and be in scant supply.

But price is dictated by demand, if people can't get what they want for their .coms they'll eventually have to price them correctly or they won't sell.

From what I've seen there are still plenty of names that are short and brandable that cost less than 1000 usd to acquire.

Having boundaries and restrictions is something that gives rise to ingenuity, that's also good for the Internet. People don't just want one word domains. I'm creating websites all the time and I always manage to come up with a name that I like. To be me there isn't a problem that these extensions solve.
Thanks....very good points. I too have been starting and naming business's for over 50 years, and like you I have always been able to come up with a name(s) that I like.

You and I probably think a lot alike in some respects. I just finished registering about 25 .online domains that are all pretty short (5-6 letters or less) and brandable. I'll give an example of just one because there's a motive behind my madness, domain....Figit®.xxxxx. As usual Figit.com isn't available, and GD values it @ $7,500. My developer/partner's wife promotes and organizes farmers markets in my area and she just so happens to make her own brand of fig preserves....btw, they're damn good. Here's a quote from a recent article published about her;

“It Started with a Fig,” which is the name of the jam company I launched in 2015 with fruit from the massive 30-year-old fig tree by my house. I had to bang down Laura Habr of Croc’s door to become a vendor in the Old Beach market. And after that, it just progressed naturally. If I am a part of something, I want to make it great. I always think of the bigger picture."

Since Figit is short and "catchy" imo, i researched and discovered we most likely can trademark the name.

My greater point here is that i just registered 25 more similar names where the .com was not available either, and the .online extension just fit. Another catchy one I picked up is Jamit®

Finally, there's a snow ball's chance in hell that Lori would pay $7,500 for the domain Figit.com, but there's a damn good chance she'll lease or license Figit®.xxxxx(y)

•••
Out of 3,000 names I need only sell a few to get my $$$ back
Correction: you need to sell a few within the next eight months to get your money back. After that it's either renew or drop the rest of them, and then you're back to square one with nothing to show for the hours and hours you've put into this.

For those that you choose to renew, you'll need to multiply your sales rate or prices by at least 20 just to break even again.

The model is bad, Rich. Really really bad. You're basically making yourself a puppet for Radix with this venture. At the end of the day they might end up with a few extra long-term customers... but you'll either lose buckets of money (depending on how soon you wake up and stop renewing these names), or you'll make the equivalent of a slave labour wage after a year + of work.

You keep talking about risk/reward; you should heed your own advice. The reward is peanuts.

Last edited:
•••
Correction: you need to sell a few within the next eight months to get your money back. After that it's either renew or drop the rest of them, and then you're back to square one with nothing to show for the hours and hours you've put into this.

For those that you choose to renew, you'll need to multiply your sales rate or prices by at least 20 just to break even again.

The model is bad, Rich. Really really bad. You're basically making yourself a puppet for Radix with this venture. At the end of the day they might end up with a few extra long-term customers... but you'll either lose buckets of money (depending on how soon you wake up and stop renewing these names), or you'll make the equivalent of a slave labour wage after a year + of work.

You keep talking about risk/reward; you should heed your own advice. The reward is peanuts.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Oh Joe....we ALL KNOW how disingenuous you are. Having worked in the credit industry most of my life I can assure you I know more about Risk vs. Reward than you'll ever know.

In your attempt to shoot holes in my plan/model you start off by saying I have just eight months to make a go of this. I'm sure you're aware I started buying .online domains the end of January, and I have at least nine months to sell some of the first domains I purchased. With domains that I just purchased like DinnerDate.xxxxx I have 12 months.

Of course you left out the part where I can be hit by a meteorite between now and this time next year:xf.rolleyes:

To continue with just how disingenuous you are you go on to say that even if I do make it I would make "the equivalent of a slave labour wage after a year + of work". What you FAIL to realize Joe is that I actually enjoy what I'm doing, and should at the end of a year I recover the equivalent of "minimum wage" I'll be more than happy:xf.smile:

Finally Joe....the last thing you FAIL to realize is the business experience and confidence I bring to the table. I know you've checked me out, but you either don't believe it, or you have so little confidence in yourself that it's somehow a psychological boost to your ego to attempt to discredit me.....very sad:xf.frown:

Last edited:
•••
I learned a nice new english word today: disingenuous. My English is improving. Thanks, everyone :)

•••
GTLDS Are scrap yard junk... but i am OLD ..so lol

•••
I learned a nice new english word today: disingenuous. My English is improving. Thanks, everyone :)
____________________________________________________________________________________

"disingenuous" synonyms;

deceitful
false
unfair
hypocritical
cunning
false
insidious

Marek....something really is happening with Radix and their two new gTLD extensions .online and .site. (check out ntldstats.com:xf.smile:). Much to the chagrin of traditional .com oldtimer's, .online is rapidly becoming a viable and affordable alternative to the overpriced and unavailable .com.

chagrin like disingenuous is one of my favorite words in English....now you'll have to excuse me while i check to see if chagrin.online is available to register:xf.wink:

risk vs. reward BABY!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back