discuss Revengeful and harming post for rejecting names

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Singh

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I had posted a WTB request few months ago and it took a while for me to bargain a good price for names of my choice. Most of the names were offered at end-user price which I was no-way going to take. Just a few hours ago, I purchased not 1, not 2 but total 6 domains from one of the sellers who was bargaining since the beginning with me.

But one seller by the name @Haroon Basha , seems to be annoyed that I didn't buy any name from him and posted a revengeful post citing my request was fake and fraudulent in nature. Please be aware when you receive any offers or request from him as he really seems to lack empathy and professionalism. I really felt bad that he put my name directly as bad example of fake and fraudulent WTB request. Here is the thread: Fake-and-wasteful-domain-buyer-requests

I hope others will be aware from now on about his requests and offers.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that was definitely childish on his part. The WTB section is tricky because 99% of the sellers are dummies offering $1 names at $500.

I would have closed that post if I were you given it was months ago, but there is no reason for @Haroon Basha to publicize that. We buyers are NOT required to buy every and any name we request, we are not binded to make a minimum purchase. I’ve made a few WTB requests and havent bought a thing because the names are so terrible. Seriously, the WTB section is where all the poorly worded domainers crawl out from under their rock and market their unsolicited, unrelated, or bad domains.

In the end, you’re both adults and neither of these posts are needed :) Good luck!

•••
I pointed out in the thread no one should’ve been called out by name. The general complaint was regarding how long a time went by where you never came back to provide an update. Bought some names still negotiating, etc. If you haven’t heard from me I am not interested. Still looking. Any number of replies to let the community know why the thread is still open months later.

Nonetheless you should not have been called out by name. If rules about interaction on threads need changing the staff should be the ones to enforce that.

Also you stated a large budget and are now surprised you got large prices😂? I get it people send awful names but a simple no thanks works wonders.

I did receive an email asking me if you had replied to my submission. The frustration comes in when no one seems to be selling or buying, no feedback numbers go up and the thread continues indefinitely without an update. Your thread is not the only one that never gets an update or closed.

Last edited:
•••
I pointed out in the thread no one should’ve be called out by name. The general complaint was regarding how long a time went by where you never came back to provide an update. Bought some names still negotiating, etc. If you haven’t heard from me I am not interested. Still looking. Any number of replies to let the community know why the thread is still open months later.

Nonetheless you should not have been called out by name. If rules about interaction on threads need changing the staff should be the ones to enforce that.

Also you stated a large budget and are now surprised you got large prices😂? I get it people send awful names but a simple no thanks works wonders.

I did receive an email asking me if you had replied to my submission. The frustration comes in when no one seems to be selling or buying, no feedback numbers go up and the thread continues indefinitely without an update.

Well a large budget does not welcome overpriced names / the same names that you were offered for half the price in the last WTB thread (happens all the time) but the fact remains that he should have closed the thread. If he WAS still actively looking, than leave some updates in the comments if you aren’t replying.

A reply is always best though, good to be friendly with everyone and connect as it will allow a more seamless marketing of names / transactions.

•••
Well a large budget does not welcome overpriced names.

It does in this joint 😂 I hear you though. I always understate my budget because every single person will reply with the max 😳

•••
There are too many of these around.

Just had a wonderful experience with one of the auction.

Placed a BIN bid on CryptoHawker.com. After i placed a BIN bid i get a message from this user @ supernames that he was a winner and i was threatened for negative feedback. Here is s message.

"Also, as you been warned that the domain was won by me, if you purchase the domain knowing that I was the auction winner, I will leave you negative review".

I was like what is wrong with this guy. If there is any issue with an auction. Talk to the seller. Why sending me a message threatening me. I think this was not professional.

I don't think i have dealt with this user supernames. I will not deal with guy.

Problem was solved by seller. No big deal. I have too many domains anyway. He can have it.

:coldfeet:

•••
I think it was a mistake for him to use you / your wtb request as an example, it is unfortunate. Don't think he was out to tarnish your reputation.

His point is accurate in some cases - though hard to prove, I do believe some requests are fake or a waste of time & some offers are invalid / a waste of time as well.

Last edited:
•••
I agree he shouldn't have done that. Perhaps the @Support Team can remove your name from that thread as it's basically just pure speculation on his part and if you say there was a vindictive reason then that's even more reason for the Mods to get involved.

I'm not saying he doesn't have a point, but unfair to single you out.

Last edited:
•••
I've been responsive to almost every single offer that I received. I replied them with a good note as "Noted, Thanks", or " I'm sorry, I'm not interested". If I liked a name, then I'd "favorite" the convo thread and tell him I'll contact later.

I am also sad because I requested him to remove my name a several times and the thread but it is still there citing he is not able to do it now.

•••
Please note that if a request thread is open for more than 2 weeks without a reply from its buyer, then you may report it to us, and we'll close it. We generally try to close them ourselves if we notice that a buyer hasn't posted in the request thread in the past 2-4 weeks, but any help with finding those is appreciated.

I am also sad because I requested him to remove my name a several times and the thread but it is still there
We're unable to edit his review of your request thread, but he did post your response in it before we closed it, so both sides were represented in the thread and now we can all move on from it since it is closed.

It's generally better for members to privately report issues (or potential issues) to us, so that we can investigate and work with the members involved to resolve it amicably and privately, which reduces hostility and unnecessary finger pointing in public. When it is done publicly, like in this case, it often leads to both sides creating threads about each other and no one really benefits from it.

We hope everyone will keep that in mind in the future.

If you need anything else, please contact us for assistance.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back