Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

domain12345

Established Member
Impact
Helo

There is a domain buyer posting on namepros...

When I sent him list of domains...he replied back with interest but subject to buying appraisal from his given link website before he buys the domain

This seems doubtful and fake. ..dont pay anything for appraisals since this seems doubtful.

BEWARE ..a advice from a fellow domainer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why account market restricted??
You can contact customer support if you want to discuss this further. You recently violated two serious rules (In addition to past rule violations), explained in detail and emphasized by @Ategy.com:

3.1. Advertising of any kind is only permitted in a Marketplace or General Advertising sections or by official advertisers where applicable. Unsolicited offers and advertising are never permitted in replies or direct messages.
6.1.7. Sellers are responsible for paying all transaction fees except those the buyer could have avoided or the buyer chooses to pay. Sellers should take fees into consideration when choosing sale prices or starting bids. Multiple sale prices and multiple starting bids may be set based on specific criteria. Learn why. No hidden fees may be assessed on a deal or sales listing by either party.

More importantly: I'd think this sort of bait and switch, with a "recommended/suggested" paid service (appraisal / brokerage) might be better off to be in the rules considering it's prevalence in the industry and the significant damage it can do to newcomers. Maybe take the sentence I highlighted for 6.1.7 and make it a separate point with a bit more detail that includes a rule against the requirement for a seller to pay for appraisals and brokerage services in order for a possible deal to proceed.
Excellent feedback, the highlighted text has been moved to Rule 6.1.13 regarding transparency, Rule 6.1.7 now emphasizes its association with Rule 6.1.13, and Rule 1.9 has been updated to include this specific example.

Hope that helps,

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back