discuss Fake and Wasteful Domain Buyer Requests

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haroon Basha

Service.xyzTop Member
Impact
I find Domain Buyer Requests column is misused by some fake entities, making our time and energy waste. Their Buy request posts seem something fishy.

For example, I saw one post requesting for crypto-related domain names.
He posted this thread on March 8, 2018. As of today, in two months time, there were 2,457 views and 75 replies. So many of hopeful Namepros members have sent him their offers. What is most surprising is the fact that still his Feedback shows ZERO. This means, in two months time, he was unable to close any deal here at Namepros. What is his motive? To buy his required domain names or something else in his mind? The moderator should take note of these kind of wasteful and fake requests and save our time and energy.

I hope other affected members share their experiences here. Thank you very much.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GrantP. is also same didnt have any feedback but have budget of 5k usd lol

•••
I agree it's annoying but who knows what was offered by people who responded? Maybe it didn't meet his expectations which could very well be the case.

I don't think it's a waste of time either. Sending some domains to someone on NP takes a couple of minutes (compiling list etc) at most. If they don't respond, not much effort lost. If they do and are interested, quick and easy sale. Worth the risk/hassle imo.

•••
I agree it's annoying but who knows what was offered by people who responded? Maybe it didn't meet his expectations which could very well be the case.

I don't think it's a waste of time either. Sending some domains to someone on NP takes a couple of minutes (compiling list etc) at most. If they don't respond, not much effort lost. If they do and are interested, quick and easy sale. Worth the risk/hassle imo.
Agree & True Bravo (y)

•••
I would like a pm from anyone that has a 3 letter .com for around 250 bucks please :xf.wink:

•••
I would like a pm from anyone that has a 3 letter .com for around 250 bucks please :xf.wink:
Yes in 250 usd i will buy if i like the letters right??lol

•••
•••
May be sellers should be allowed to comment on the thread if the buyer had bought from them. Just to give other sellers some level of confidence Or expose fake buyers. Otherwise, this will not stop

Last edited:
•••
I have had roughly 5 transactions that did not receive feedback and I was the buyer. Not everyone bothers to use the feedback system.

There have been many threads claiming massive budget and their number never goes up so I get it but to point one person out by name seems a little unfair.

On the other side of the coin, request threads receive alot of nonsense and spam that does meet the criteria and that can get really annoying fast.

Are there request threads fishing for ideas? Sure especially regarding crypto names when there were more available.

I think they should remove threads where the seller doesn’t come back for 7 to 10 days to give an update of some kind.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Too many people trying to be cool by posting names wanted with big budget in fact they never spent more than $20 in the past.
I don't see anything sold here anymore unless it's in the $1 auction which will end up closing cheap.
The rest are just a bunch of junk names - like CryptoCancer ??? What the hell is that?

•••
I have had roughly 5 transactions that did not receive feedback and I was the buyer. Not everyone bothers to use the feedback system.

There have been many threads claiming massive budget and their number never goes up so I get it but to point one person out by name seems a little unfair.

On the other side of the coin, request threads receive alof of nonsense and spam that does meet the criteria and that can get really annoying fast.

Are there request threads fishing for ideas? Sure especially regarding crypto names when there were more available.

I think they should remove threads where the seller doesn’t come back for 7 to 10 days to give an update of some kind.
Exactly my point

•••
Preferably t
Complete agree with this. They should archive posts on which buyer doesn't gives an update for more than 7 days.

•••
Also it is not healthy to point out a single user. I think the user reference should be removed in good faith.

•••
I think you should have a feedback rating of at least 50, or 1000 posts to place a want ad, to many people fishing for names, at the time expense of others.

$300K budgets, for people with 0 feedback, I bet majority of those people don't even have 10% of that available for a purchase.

•••
I understand the dissapointement felt after not receiving a reply from a buyer in " Wanted domains" section but it's part of this business, & i see nothing can be done here as long as the buyer respect the rules he mentioned!

•••
This works both ways too, as buyers looking for certain names with specific criteria always receive names outside the parameters of their search, but in those cases, the submitter can be reported on. I even saw today where someone was looking for 5L to 8L names and someone posted in the thread a 12 letter domain not even close to the buyer's specific genre'. It's just part of the business! You can always simply not submit names if you think it's going to waste your time!

•••
When I post to buy names 99.9% of what I get is pure garbage. I am specific in what I am looking for and I get nothing close. I get 2 words slapped together that mean nothing. I do buy once in a great while - I bought get apps.com and hatred.com and I think that is it. Maybe people should start adhering to what the person is looking to buy? Not saying its always the case but it is for me.

•••
We should post names in the thread and not in the PM so if any other buyer is interested can contact the seller.

•••
We should post names in the thread and not in the PM so if any other buyer is interested can contact the seller.

It is a good idea. At least the buyer will know that he is not the only buyer now for this domain name.

•••
Hello,

Unfortunately, there's no way for us to know ahead of time how serious a potential buyer may be before they create a wanted ad in Domain Buyer Requests. However, we hope the majority of members are sincere.

Please keep in mind that sellers can decide for themselves which threads are worth their time. If you don't think that anyone should be able to post a wanted ad unless they have a specific number of posts, trade reviews, etc., then you're free to ignore those threads that do not meet your criteria. Each member will have a different criteria of which threads are worth their time.

We hope that helps.

•••
dont forget some evil and greedy person could act as brooker, by opening WTB thread he/she will get a lot of data (domain name and price) and you can imagine the rest of the story LOL

•••
The offers to buy on here are ridiculously low, and most are not worth responding to, but can be worth a good laugh.

I am sure what happens is that someone posts an offer to buy and then people send in garbage domains that they WOULD be willing to sell at those ridiculously low prices, and the buyer keeps hoping that someone will offer him a great one or two dictionary word dot com domain for 50-250 but of course this never happens.

You see these posts where they click bait the title with "$10,000" but then it turns out that their budget per domain is 50-100. For something like a three or four letter dot com domain, or a one word dot com. lol

I haven't tried to sell anything on here. First of all, we are all resellers here, so obviously anyone buying here needs to buy so that he may re-sell for a lot more. I respect that, but I'm not selling wholesale, but even if I were selling wholesale, I feel like people here are trying to buy for well below wholesale.

And then...these offers to buy (n):stop: posted on here, such as for example offering to pay 2% of estibot which estibot is notorious for underpricing domains in the first place. So someone is offering to pay just 2% of an already very low appraisal? I could post a sarcastic comment on almost every single Want to Buy (WTB) thread on here clowning the buyer, I mean, Are you kidding? but then it's not my place to comment on something if I'm not interested in participating in the offer anyway. But still I shake my head when I see what sort of "offers to buy" are posted on here, I hope I'd never sell any of my inventory that cheap. I assume that the sellers who do PM the buyers are offering some garbage that is not even worth the minuscule ridiculously low offers that the buyers are offering to pay - I doubt too many sales are concluded. More like, the namepros buyers are trying to trick the namepros sellers, and the namepros sellers are trying to trick the namepros buyers, and nothing gets done.

Last edited:
•••
I think that some members post buying requests only to create a demand that will eventually lead to the sale of their own domains. Just like it happened in case of vege.us

I fully agree with @Haroon Basha , it's a waste of time sending messages to most of those who post buying requests.

A good idea would be to force them to deposit the funds they are willing to spend, to deposit the budget with namepros, and only then make their post public. Or at least give them the option to deposit the funds, and if they do, show it in the thread, in order to increase credibility.

•••
I've posted many WTB threads ranging from pronounceable 4L.com, 5L.com, BrandBucket approved, CVCV.com and majority of people do not read the requirements, don't care, or think they are selling to an end user. I used to reply to everyone but now I just ignore messages I'm not interested in.

I'll get random 4L.coms that aren't even close to being pronounceable. Or my favorite are low quality BB approved names priced at half price for a quick sale. For example BB approved for $1500 but I'll sell it to you for only $750 for a quick sale. The kinds of names that sell for about $15 to $20 here on NP.

Any name I like always gets a response. If the price is reasonable, I've always made the purchase.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back