Dynadot

discuss Domains scammers here in field

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AboGamil

Senior Web DeveloperTop Member
Impact
Most of the requests in the domain requests section are fraudulent. Just dinner set out for a boast that does not buy or sell anything. They are really scammers after sending your domain to them. They don't reply, and even their response is bad and they tell you that they don't want to buy it.
Some people say that it does not meet the criteria, so you do not have that feeling. I am satisfied with sending messages to these fools who do not buy anything even after agreeing with people and tell me that they will buy, and in the end, nothing is the ideal solution for this nonsense, they are away from offering any domain name to them and displaying them only on sale sites
In the end, my personal opinion is the addition of the domain in the market, whether Sedo, Dan or others, with some messages sent to companies or trusted persons only.
don't waste your time to send your names to some
Do not waste your time in sending your domains to people who ask for names and put prices and do not buy anything. I have noticed that a lot and the best solution is to get away from this section and focus only with people interested in the field.
I have taken the principle from now, don't to send you domains to foolish people at a very low price, nothing equals that if you entered this field to sell your domain at a very cheap price, I advise you to get away from it better. I was completely wrong with this point my point here in request section Some people do not buy anything, I do not say that all of them, but most do not buy anything

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some no intention buy, just want to see market

Someone wise; “trust ones lower budget more”
Those are the ones more serious, likely buy,

How many times 500K+ spent anywhre close?
Why u allow blatant satire request budgets?.
will heard or seen again? after doesn't buy.. Na

Until next time appears with $1M budget, ofc!
think you are right, but it’s a complicated issue

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Or someone wanting Cvcv and vcvc domains with a total budget of $250

•••
Buyers: "it's a waste of time, most offered domains are crap and don't even meet the listed criteria"
Sellers: "it's a waste of time, they never buy anything anyway and don't even bother to reply"
Oh well... ;)

•••
Buyers: "it's a waste of time, most offered domains are crap and don't even meet the listed criteria"
Sellers: "it's a waste of time, they never buy anything anyway and don't even bother to reply"
Oh well... ;)

Really cool, easily fixed by when they add:
“will report if u send name doesn meet criteria.”

This is biggest non-issue. thank anyone for adding that, even if they dont buy your names.
More people should add that avoid waste time. It’s sad that it’s come to this to meet “filter”

Last edited:
•••
Oh well... ;)
I have noticed that many times. I am not saying that my names are distinct and there is no higher one, even if I reply to you that he will buy. He does not buy anything. Just a waste of time. Very little in the department.

•••
I have bought a few names here. I have had exact match to sample request with no reply. Many requests hope to find gems from newbies.

•••
no scammers.. just regular domaining folk looking for best deals... the problem is of course that when both buyers and sellers are looking for best possible deals (which is the case here) then most of the time, both parties end up with nothing... nothing but wasted time as op said.

so yeah.. deals are possible.. deals are made in that section.. but odds are certainly not on buyers/sellers side... so i personally gave up posting/responding there long while ago.

cheers

•••
Too much supply is the main issue. One of the scenario is - (potential?) buyers want to take advantage of that. As said earlier, they are looking for 'gems' . But what happens that they get bombarded with so many replies, that they give up soon and they even stop looking at the threads. Even people with realistic budget run away. With so many sellers around, sellers just do not care. It does not hurt at all to send a DM and put a note 'DM sent'. Moderators in the forums cannot effectively manage that - they would need about 3-4 moderators working on this full time. Obviously, when there is so much supply, there needs to be some 'regulated/moderated' system.

1. All the needs posted by (potential) buyers are validated (to match with with realistic pricing - recently had a request to find 2 L for $100-$110 - obviously person is just testing the system or really does not know the prices of domains - so had to cancel that request).
2. All the names are moderated before being passed on to the buyer. That is based on their needs (project specifications) and 'kind of names' that buyers have liked / rejected. That really filters out 90%+ of the submissions. Also the sellers have opportunity to see what names were not passed on to the buyers and what names the buyers have preferred/rejected. Also, buyer has option to rank the names they like - that gives sellers the better idea what buyer is looking for. Depending on the settings of the domain, the buyer has option to make a counter offer on the domain as well.

Hopefully, we are approaching it right to develop a system where buyers and sellers can come to a common ground.

•••
Too much supply is the main issue. One of the scenario is - (potential?) buyers want to take advantage of that. As said earlier, they are looking for 'gems' . But what happens that they get bombarded with so many replies, that they give up soon and they even stop looking at the threads. Even people with realistic budget run away. With so many sellers around, sellers just do not care. It does not hurt at all to send a DM and put a note 'DM sent'. Moderators in the forums cannot effectively manage that - they would need about 3-4 moderators working on this full time. Obviously, when there is so much supply, there needs to be some 'regulated/moderated' system.

1. All the needs posted by (potential) buyers are validated (to match with with realistic pricing - recently had a request to find 2 L for $100-$110 - obviously person is just testing the system or really does not know the prices of domains - so had to cancel that request).
2. All the names are moderated before being passed on to the buyer. That is based on their needs (project specifications) and 'kind of names' that buyers have liked / rejected. That really filters out 90%+ of the submissions. Also the sellers have opportunity to see what names were not passed on to the buyers and what names the buyers have preferred/rejected. Also, buyer has option to rank the names they like - that gives sellers the better idea what buyer is looking for. Depending on the settings of the domain, the buyer has option to make a counter offer on the domain as well.

Hopefully, we are approaching it right to develop a system where buyers and sellers can come to a common ground.
yes,good move

•••
Hi

often i'll check the trader rating, of those in need of checking... to see if any recent deals.
some will say, "bought some, looking for more", but you might not see any new updates to tr.

then too, there are some legit buyers there and i know they get bombarded with piles of :poop: before something comes along that's worthy and of course there are plenty of unrealistic expectations as well.

but still, I feel what you're saying and touched on similar subject before:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/i-am-a-re-seller-not-an-end-user.1025597/

imo...

•••
Hi

often i'll check the trader rating, of those in need of checking... to see if any recent deals.
some will say, "bought some, looking for more", but you might not see any new updates to tr.

then too, there are some legit buyers there and i know they get bombarded with piles of :poop: before something comes along that's worthy and of course there are plenty of unrealistic expectations as well.

but still, I feel what you're saying and touched on similar subject before:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/i-am-a-re-seller-not-an-end-user.1025597/

imo...

Yes when you see TR rating of 0 it's a bit odd, some people don't leave feedback so there are exceptions.

•••
Back