Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sap.cc. $523 on Godaddy 7 day auction attempted multiple times to sell on Namepros.com no offers

Congrats on your sale!

Knowing such situations just too well. Once I wanted to sell a domain with a fixed 1 figure BIN under reg-fee, no one was interested/offered a bid, even when I had bumped and advertised it that many times. In that case I pushed that domain into some auction then and people were going crazy for it.

However, this can also happen in the other way, - just to avoid misunderstandings - I have to say that I experienced both versions.

•••
Although I like the idea of tracing e-mails, I personally don't use it. Thats because I noticed e-mails sent with tracking code could be received as a message with attachment icon, so that could demotivate potential buyer to open that specific e-mail (e-mail from unknown sender with attachment icon could be considered as potential virus)

I never use gmail - looks unprofessional and could be thought of as spam mail.

•••
I never use gmail - looks unprofessional and could be thought of as spam mail.
Oh well... many guys I know, use Gmail to sell their domain names. The email service you use wouldn't amount to much if your domain is not worth it.

The domain name is the MOST important factor, quite primary and while other things are just secondary.

•••
Oh well... many guys I know, use Gmail to sell their domain names. The email service you use wouldn't amount to much if your domain is not worth it.

The domain name is the MOST important factor, quite primary and while other things are just secondary.
I thinks he means the email @gmail.com .You can setup @yourdomain.com at Google apps.

•••
I thinks he means the email @gmail.com .You can setup @yourdomain.com at Google apps.
I know what he meant bro and I feel whatever email you choose to use is not WHY someone will cough out $$$$, but because the domain is really worth it. In essence, use whatever email service you like, just make sure you have the right domain name. That is what count bro, not the type of email service used. Nitin, a fellow member here, sold series of 4 figure domain names using his gmail and there were cases in between where he REACH OUT to the end users.

You domain name bring you sales bro, not the email or sales letter that you use.

•••
I thinks he means the email @gmail.com

I did.

You domain name bring you sales bro, not the email or sales letter that you use.

I totally agree with you on this, I am just saying an email seen as coming from a gmail address might not get opened in the first place and so the name for sale would not matter.

If the email is unknown to the person getting it and they look at the address it is possible it will never get opened.

Sure, the next guy may open it and not care, but some people will not even open it if it looks spammy.

I think using an email from your website is more professional.

I am not saying it is impossible to sell using gmail, and I am sure many here do so all the time.

I just think using your website email is better - that is all I am saying!

Anyway, I think this discussion is for another thread, not here.

•••
I did.

I totally agree with you on this, I am just saying an email seen as coming from a gmail address might not get opened in the first place and so the name for sale would not matter.

If the email is unknown to the person getting it and they look at the address it is possible it will never get opened.

Sure, the next guy may open it and not care, but some people will not even open it if it looks spammy.

I think using an email from your website is more professional.

I am not saying it is impossible to sell using gmail, and I am sure many here do so all the time.

I just think using your website email is better - that is all I am saying!

Anyway, I think this discussion is for another thread, not here.

I have my way of pulling them to open my email emails bro. Some people don't read their emails not because an email coming from a gmail is the reason. Yeah, you might feel well this age, hardly will anyone not read their emails but truly, there are still a hand full of those who hardly check their emails.

•••
Interesting I have Gal.cc. Did you have a reserve? Start at $20? Do any promotion?

I have tended to think GD 7-day is a bad way to sell anything but the most liquid names.[/QUOTE

I 5hink it sold for 2 reasons...one SAP is searched 21 million times literally...plus my description of the search info was in Chinese and honestly the previous two times there were no bids. I did have a reserve of 299 I believe on the 523 sale

•••
Sold earlier today 788875 dot com @ $1800 :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Dallas Camera R/e/n/t/a/l

$215
Picked up via closeout and reached out to end users
dotcom

•••
Dallas Camera R/e/n/t/a/l

$215
Picked up via closeout and reached out to end users
dotcom
What did you write in the initial email and your asking price was 215$?

•••
Sold 865503.com. & 101378.com. @gd auction for low xxx. payment completed.

Listed here for 60 , no buyer, I felt lucky.

Last edited:
•••
•••
DownloadDirect dot com

$260 flippa

Was hoping for more but didn't really spend much time promoting the auction. Had some renewals to pay so the funds helped with that.

Judge

•••
DownloadDirect dot com

$260 flippa

Was hoping for more but didn't really spend much time promoting the auction. Had some renewals to pay so the funds helped with that.

Judge
Would have paid to have it as I am seeing lots of gems on namepros lately.Nice name and worth more.Congrats

•••
What did you write in the initial email and your asking price was 215$?

Didn't include price in the first email. Just said the name was available could be of value to their business.

•••
DownloadDirect dot com

$260 flippa

Judge
Agree, for Flippa auctions promotion is needed.
Still good number, Congrats!

•••
DownloadDirect dot com

Wow, that is a good name!

Too bad you had to let it go so cheap.

You could have gotten much, much more for that one.

•••
DownloadDirect dot com

Wow, that is a good name!

Too bad you had to let it go so cheap.

You could have gotten much, much more for that one.
the market determined the price, I was happy as I had renewals to pay.

•••
S T A R D O S E . C O M

$450 here on NP

•••
DownloadDirect dot com

$260 flippa

Judge

Congrats, but I am sure this is worth more then what you get on flippa

•••
•••
In April:

VN.GY $69
--- at NP auction

Totally/Geared.com $69 --- at NP auction

R/e/v/o.agency $69 --- Afternic BIN..
.agency Previously sold for $149 at GD but the buyer didn't paid and I reported the sale here before receiving payment.. Shitty domain sold twice.

Few $x and low $xx sales at NP and one 6N.net $35 at Bido auction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back