IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
- Does this apply only to sales that occurred here at NP?

- What if the price is 'private' between seller/buyer?

And of course, it's not required. A voluntary thing. ;)

•••
Reported sales can be either on or off of NamePros, and if price or domain name is private than do not use this thread to report it. Participation is completely voluntary.

You can also use this thread to publicize sales that don't qualify for DNJournal's weekly top domain sales.

•••
Whats.in $30
EternalMemory.org $12 (was pr3 parked and getting asian traffic)

•••
Last sale:
RatedHost.com - $45 - sold at NP.

•••
Exercise.co.in - $250
Investor.co.in - $250

Mind you they made DNJoural's page ;)

•••
Recent sales:

SteelCube.com: $150 (on sedo)
LeadsPage: $595 (on sedo)
ExpressDialup.com: $4,000 (never advertised)
TripleAdvantage.com: $12,000 (never advertised)

•••
Last sale

creditcardt.com $100

•••
Mind you they made DNJoural's page

Wow, wish I had done that when mine were sold!

Appliances.co.in $250
Robots.co.in $50

•••
My last sale:

Myzc.com $40
DownMovies.com $15

•••
Webmaster.uk.com £1300 + Pro site design :P (to a design firm)

•••
-RJ-, Grrilla, and I have discussed this thread for quite some time now after I suggested it a few weeks ago. We've decided that once a week (haven't decided day yet), I will make a post with all of the sales mentioned and the major ones recognized (hopefully similar to DNJournal's). Try to post all of your sales that took place during the week and if you rather not have your username mentioned, you can PM me the sale and I will just mention the domain name without your username.

We hope this thread will help people get a better idea of what kinds of names sell and help the marketplace.

-Addy

•••
Remember, you can also post where you sold the domain. If it was sold at NP, please try to mention 'Sold at NP'. If elsewhere, it would help to also mention such as Sedo, Afternic, etc.

-Addy

•••
This is a great idea Addy! Thanks for staying with it until it came to fruition.
I think this will be one of the more popular features here at NP. I mean, who can resist checking this out, at least, a couple of times a week?

March/Apr Sales:

RFIDEA.com $250 - Sedo (I let this go for too low a price, IMHO, but you can't win 'em all.)
1IP.Biz $100 -Sedo
Phishzilla.com $1,500 - Direct offer

SteelCube.com: $150 (on sedo)
LeadsPage: $595 (on sedo)
ExpressDialup.com: $4,000 (never advertised)
TripleAdvantage.com: $12,000 (never advertised)

Hey Geno! Congrats! Nice names, (obviously). Do you offer any sales negotiating seminars? :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
-RJ- said:
As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at the bare minimum please include the domain name(s) and sale price.

Is this fair to the buyer? Or is selling a domain considered public info, like buying/selling a home?

I know, as a trader, I don't want anyone really knowing what I paid for a domain. why would a non-trader buyer think any differently?

•••
Is this fair to the buyer? Or is selling a domain considered public info, like buying/selling a home?
I have one name that I didn't list, because of that concern. That's a good question.
I hope Duke passes through here and sees your question. He might have some interesting insights/perspectives as to the advantages and disadvantages of publicizing sales and why traders list sales at DNJournal.
The exchanges all list recent sales, and unless the whois is cloaked, it isn't difficult to find out or, at least surmise, who the purchaser is.

Last edited:
•••
Very intersting post. Never had to negotiate yet, but hope to soon -_-

•••
SucksForYou.com $40 Private Sale

•••
•••
Midano said:
Gene, thanks for the lesson.
Question. When did the $12k sale happen? The only odd thing falling out of "major corporation" theory is that TripleAdvantage.com is still inactive. No "coming soon", no placeholder, no nothing.

It was about 4 months ago. It has never been used since it was sold. Based on the nameserver listed which is owned by Experian, I'm led to think that they may have a banking program by the name of TripleAdvantage. It's just speculation, but we'll see what becomes of it.

Gene

Update: I just did a quick Google and I believe I've found the evidence to prove my theory... Experian DOES have a product known as "TripleAdvantage". See the Google result here:
Click Here

Last edited:
•••
The only odd thing falling out of "major corporation" theory is that TripleAdvantage.com is still inactive. No "coming soon", no placeholder, no nothing.
Not sure, but this might not be uncommon. I had a $xxxx++sale late last year to a major corp and just checked it and it still isn't resolving. It may be a conscious plan on the part of the marketing dept to keep it under wraps until it is ready. In my case, I am fairly sure that the company plans to make a splash w/ a new product ID and is coordinating the site opening w/ the rest of their advertising plans and release dates. (One of the reasons I have declined to go public w/ this name sale, although I'm not contractually obligated to do so.)

Oh, BTW, Gene. This is not a reflection/judgement on your decision to list your sale. Our situations are different, in that your company already has an existing product that is public. Just wanted to clarify my post.

Last edited:
•••
Gloriouslord.com $70, private offer.

•••
•••
Thank you all for posting the sales. I am very optimistic about this thread -_-

•••
Grrilla said:
Not sure, but this might not be uncommon. I had a $xxxx++sale late last year to a major corp and just checked it and it still isn't resolving. It may be a conscious plan on the part of the marketing dept to keep it under wraps until it is ready. In my case, I am fairly sure that the company plans to make a splash w/ a new product ID and is coordinating the site opening w/ the rest of their advertising plans and release dates. (One of the reasons I have declined to go public w/ this name sale, although I'm not contractually obligated to do so.)

Oh, BTW, Gene. This is not a reflection/judgement on your decision to list your sale. Our situations are different, in that your company already has an existing product that is public. Just wanted to clarify my post.

know what you mean Mike....

A lot of it is obviously down to luck. I sold gogive dot com for $700ish (which i was clearly happy with). Same deal as Gene's post and approach "Im starting a charity site and am interested etc etc". Anyway, as if by magic, a large corp has since created a limited Co here in the UK of the same name...

Nothing resides as yet... But I did mail the guy later saying he could have the dot info for free as Enom had regged it on my behalf... But, guess what, the freemail acct he originally contacted me on now no longer exists....

I could contact the Ltd Co owners but cant be bothered now....

•••
Back