NameSilo

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
OfertasDeAutos.com $1000. Spanish domain purchased by BIN at Afternic :). Hand reg 5 months ago.

•••
•••
Just sold a landscaping brandable for $1200 on Brandsly.
Cheers!

How long has the site been up??How often do you receive order??I like the overall feel of the site.Just stumbled upon this sale (and site) which IMO is a great earned sale considering the development/promotion of the site.

•••
•••
4dprinter.net sold for $8k =/ Someone got a steal with the .com.

I think Flippa is becoming too risky a place to list domains that have obvious worth.You get so little viewing and watchers for even liquid domains

•••
I think Flippa is becoming too risky a place to list domains that have obvious worth.You get so little viewing and watchers for even liquid domains

Anywhere you list a domain name, especially at no-reserve, it becomes risky. The only thing you can do is market the living #$^& out of your auction and hope for the best. No matter which platform it's on.

The whole purpose is to drive traffic, views, and garner interest. Too many people expect a marketplace to do all the work for them. Anyways, this is the report sales thread, I won't go all "opinionated NP'er" on the thread.

But since I'm here...

D/i/S/S (in le com) for $15,534.77

Been working on that deal for a very long time and we finally agreed on a price. Closed, and now forwards to their other domain ;)

•••
•••
Anywhere you list a domain name, especially at no-reserve, it becomes risky. The only thing you can do is market the living #$^& out of your auction and hope for the best. No matter which platform it's on.

The whole purpose is to drive traffic, views, and garner interest. Too many people expect a marketplace to do all the work for them. Anyways, this is the report sales thread, I won't go all "opinionated NP'er" on the thread.

But since I'm here...

Been working on that deal for a very long time and we finally agreed on a price. Closed, and now forwards to their other domain ;)
Nice Sale Zandibot.

•••
•••
•••
XIJW.COM $350 @GD.Think got a good amount for a non chip 4L

•••
After selling my first .xyz earlier in the month, I followed with my first .me sale. Reiki dot me. Sold for $360, bought for $50 on GDA a month ago. Sold through my own landing page.

•••
...But since I'm here...

:) Ali, Ali, Ali, you again? Congrats buddy.

•••
A tiny ebay sale: Udiba dot com for $25, bought here on NP for $5.

•••

But since I'm here...

Congrats on the sale!

With all due respect Ali, I think it is the market's job to drive traffic, views and garner interest. If I am supposed to market the living #$^& out of my auction, why sell it on the marketplace and waste 10% on Commissions?

Just my 2 cents.

•••
r/o/l/l/i/n/g dot t/o/p sold to an end user for 900 USD.

•••
Congrats on the sale!

With all due respect Ali, I think it is the market's job to drive traffic, views and garner interest. If I am supposed to market the living #$^& out of my auction, why sell it on the marketplace and waste 10% on Commissions?

Just my 2 cents.

Valid question for sure. I'll answer from my own opinion as briefly as possible (perhaps this would make for good topic on my next post).

Essentially, I am someone who enjoys running my domains at auction. That being said, and since I don't have my own marketplace, I choose from one of the industries options.

Now, most of these options have hundreds of thousands if not millions of visitors to their sites monthly. If I list my domain name on their platform, I "gain access" to not only those visitors and a whole slew of other features that I personally do not have. So I'm happy to pay a commission to the auction house. Because it would take me millions of dollars in development, marketing and maintenance... I rather they worry about that ;)

So now to your question. I can list a domain name on a marketplace, and sit on my hands.. only to hope that every potential buyer on the platform is around, and can find my domain in a swarm of thousands of other domains. So why wouldn't I do marketing on my end too? The time I put into marketing, and the added competition it brings to auctions allows for higher sales prices. Why wouldn't I? I'm going to pay them 10% anyway, might as well make that 10%+ some out of my marketing efforts, no?

Plus, the more people that hear about the auction, the higher your chances of creating a bidding war. Right?

So then it really comes down to how much time you want to put into it. I've listed domains before with no marketing, and they still did alright. But I've also listed domains with some very extensive marketing (including end-user outreach and auction invitations) and they've always(almost) outperformed every other auction that I've ran without marketing.

Just the way it is brotha. At least from my experience with auctions and marketing them. It always helps.

:) Ali, Ali, Ali, you again? Congrats buddy.
Haha, thanks!

And, since I'm here again... and since @bonavee inflated my ego ;)

p/o/m/p/e/i/i in com $22.5k

c/a/n/d/l/e/l/i/g/h/t/ in org $1.9k

k/a/n/y in com $5k

t/e/s/o in com $12.5k

Last edited:
•••
Valid question for sure. I'll answer from my own opinion as briefly as possible (perhaps this would make for good topic on my next post).

Essentially, I am someone who enjoys running my domains at auction. That being said, and since I don't have my own marketplace, I choose from one of the industries options.

Now, most of these options have hundreds of thousands if not millions of visitors to their sites monthly. If I list my domain name on their platform, I "gain access" to not only those visitors and a whole slew of other features that I personally do not have. So I'm happy to pay a commission to the auction house. Because it would take me millions of dollars in development, marketing and maintenance... I rather they worry about that ;)

So now to your question. I can list a domain name on a marketplace, and sit on my hands.. only to hope that every potential buyer on the platform is around, and can find my domain in a swarm of thousands of other domains. So why wouldn't I do marketing on my end too? The time I put into marketing, and the added competition it brings to auctions allows for higher sales prices. Why wouldn't I? I'm going to pay them 10% anyway, might as well make that 10%+ some out of my marketing efforts, no?

Plus, the more people that hear about the auction, the higher your chances of creating a bidding war. Right?

So then it really comes down to how much time you want to put into it. I've listed domains before with no marketing, and they still did alright. But I've also listed domains with some very extensive marketing (including end-user outreach and auction invitations) and they've always(almost) outperformed every other auction that I've ran without marketing.

Just the way it is brotha. At least from my experience with auctions and marketing them. It always helps.

Haha, thanks!

k/a/n/y in com $5k

t/e/s/o in com $12.5k
Wonderful Candlelight.org was a purchase from a GoDaddy closeout if my memory serves me right?

•••
Wonderful Candlelight.org was a purchase from a GoDaddy closeout if my memory serves me right?
Nope. It was acquired from another investor :)

•••

Haha, thanks!

k/a/n/y in com $5k

t/e/s/o in com $12.5k
Nice sales

•••
@Zandibot , Congrats bro... maybe you could make a new post on how to market one's auctions..

•••
4DPrinting.com was also sold shortly afterwards.
great to hear! so u still think turning down $4500 for 4dprinting.co was a bad idea?

•••
And Amro wrote on Zandibot.com:

"Amro APR 13, 2016 AT 1:54 AM
Ali, I own BodyWash.co since you posted here and I did not sell it to anyone and only got $120 offer from a domainer!

I wish it will sell for 5K, but I think someone communicated wrong information to you!

Thanks
Amro"

It is odd that he would buy it not long ago for $4,488 and then wish it would sell for 5k. Buyer's remorse? It's bizarre.
BodyWash.co has Amro Helali as owner of the domain name according to whois.com. This isn't good.

•••
BodyWash.co has Amro Helali as owner of the domain name according to whois.com. This isn't good.
And it's still parked at Sedo

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back