Dynadot
NameSilo
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales or purchases of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:
Sale venue:
Listing type:
Listing upgrades:
Seller:
Asking price:
Sale price:
Purchase venue:
Purchase price:
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now
Listing upgrades: Featured listing
Seller: Me
Asking price: $950
Sale price: $830
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)
Purchase price: $25
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.
Domain name: ThatDomain.com
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction
Listing upgrades: N/A
Seller: Someone else
Asking price: N/A
Sale price: $60
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)
Purchase price: $8
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.com
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
All below sales happened in May and via Afternic.

It was really a roller coaster ride for the last month. For the first 9 days, I’d NO sale but I was confident of having at least a few before the month ends.

The 10th day, I’d my first sale in the shape of Bautagebuch.com which sold for $1,988 via Reseller partner. That’s when things started to change and ended May with 9 sales via Afternic. Seems there is some coincidence that for the first 9 days there was no sale and in the entire month, I sold 9 domains altogether. One more domain was sold via Reseller partner AllSan.com for $1,988.

There were 3 domains altogether which sold via GoDaddy cart:

LemonSoul.com for $3,988.
3Fit.com for $6,888.
ConnectFit.com for $6,888.

There were 4 sales via Afternic cart which many times include negotiation before the sale strikes.

Luxium.com for $7,500 – I believe of selling this domain for lower price just in order to keep the cash flow coming. Not because who the buyer is, as that never really matters to me. I always valuate according to my valuations. I’d a BIN of $9,888 on this domain but eventually sold for the above price after the broker gave his best.

RiverDelta.com – This was another smooth sale with a BIN of $6,888.

RtElectric.com – I’d a BIN of $3,988. Broker came in and presented an offer of $2,392. Strange amount but may be it was a round figure in a different currency. After pushing the buyer to revise his offer, the best and final offer was $3,000 which I’d thought of accepting the minimum as well. And the deal got strike on this one!

WFH.CO – The biggest individual sale of this month for me via Afternic for $9,888. I must admit of forgetting to update the price on this domain and selling it very cheaply. As WFH (Work From Home, Working From Home) term has got super hot these days and I forgot of having such valuable domain sitting in my portfolio.

I came to know when the offer came in where the buyer originally offered $2,500 and then $3,500, $5,500 and finally $6,500 and I was presented the $6,500 on 27th May and I remained firm on $9,888 and also said this BIN is valid until the end of May and I’ll increase the price significantly after that.

In next 48 hours, the domain was sold and buyer got a great deal here. Although I’m very happy with each and every sale but and not shedding tears on this one. But the purpose of sharing all this detail on this specific domain sale is to keep ourselves updated as much as possible and adapt to the change.

Above 9 domain acquisition cost was just under $2,000. Total sale amount was whopping $49,016‬. One of the best thing in last month was there were a good number of domains sold. Another thing was with no 5 figure sale, still the total amount of sales was almost 50K!

After trying Afternic landers for the last 5 months, I can clearly say that their landers are performing very well compare to Uniregistry landers. Also with Fast Transfers enabled for Uniregistry domains, I’m seeing better results for my portfolio. As you can see above, 2 domains were sold via Reseller registrar of Afternic. Also 4 domains via Afternic cart which means their brokers are efficiently working to strike the deal. Overall, I’m satisfied with results. But this doesn’t mean Uniregistry landers or their brokers aren’t good. They’re absolutely one of the best brokers I’ve ever worked with.

On the other hand, I received a little over 650 inquiries in total last month whereas in April I got almost 600 inquiries. This include multiple inquiries for the same domain(s). Also to add one more thing, I've now 3,850 domains in my portfolio.

Joe N

Top Member
Impact
Wanted to share my first five figure sale with you fine folks:

Screenshot_20200416-154208_Email - Edited.jpg

Asking price: $28,500
Sale price: $31,350 over 24 installments (includes 10% markup)
Commission: $3,990
Purchase price: PM me if interested
Hold time: 13 months

This name had received quite a lot of interest in the year that I owned it, including a $4.5K offer and a $5K offer from two separate parties.

Pricing the name proved to be a great learning experience for me, and I'd like to thank @bmugford and @Dave for discussing it with me and helping to give me some confidence in my valuation abilities.

In the end the sale came about thanks to an email forwarding technique discussed here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/an-email.1163416/#post-7500058. Thank you to @Zilla for that.

Thanks also to the entire NamePros community. It continues to be a wonderful place to learn the industry and grow as an investor.

AnthonyD

Optimal Names
Impact
VOICE.io has been sold.

Marketplace: GoDaddy

Sale Type: Inbound -- contacted via GoDaddy broker from "Domain Buy Service"
Sale Amount: $25000 (Initial offer was $5000)
Sale Date: 27-April-2019
Paid Date: 07-May-2019

Reg Date: 13-July-2013
Hold Time: 5.75 years
Reg Cost: $27
Renewals: $222
Reg Type: Hand Registration
Reg Registrar: Gandi.net

$ 25,000 Sale Price
$ -249 Total holding Costs over 5.75 years (including purchase)
$ 3 Lifetime Parking Earnings
=============================
$ 24,754 Net profit

Nametree

Nametree.com
Impact
G/o B/a/g/s (dot com)
DAN, $9188 BIN
Purchase price: high $xxx

Bought this in Feb. on NP as a two-pack with another name. I remember I offered it on Twitter on someone's "post your .com for sale" thread for less than $3k, a few liked it but no one made an offer.

Someone on Twitter did suggest a company that might like it, so I reached out to them on Linkedin, got a reply asking price, offered it for $5k, never heard back. I think I changed prices on Dan several times, a couple of weeks ago I had it at $5k again, but I had just made a sale that gave me some padding, so I went through some of my favorite names and raised the prices.

Well, someone bit and bought it at BIN.

The one other thing that's interesting about this one is I had a $14k BIN at Afternic, which had also been raised recently. I don't do a great job at keeping my prices consistent because I'm a little lazy, but sometimes I intentionally leave a gap between Afternic pricing and Dan pricing - I have a theory that if someone sees a "premium" name at Godaddy, types it in, and sees it's offered for less on the Dan landing page, they're ever so slightly more likely to buy at BIN thinking they're getting a sweet deal. Not sure that was a factor here, but I think I'll try that more consistently from now.

P/a/r/s/l/e/y (dot app)
Dan, $1500
Cost: Reg. fee + 1 renewal

Offer came in at $300, had a $3500 BIN. I tried to get him to get closer, offered installments, highest he got to was $1k so I walked away last week. But today I followed up and asked if he was still interested, he said he could do $1500 but no more. He owns a matching .com so I figured let's squeeze what I can while I have the attention.

Plus, it was a milestone sale for me on Dan...
dan-milestone.png

Thanks to all who share knowledge and are open about their sales and process, it's been immensely helpful and I'm very grateful.

CigarGuy

Established Member
Impact
I Sold TokenFaucet.com for $21,000

I am probably as shocked as you reading this. I have a handful of good " token " domain names that I registered 3+ years ago, before the term was widely used in the crypto-space, but I always thought of tokenfaucet.com to be one of my weakest.

Last Thursday I received the email from Godaddy that my premium listing sold, the money was in my bank account 6 days later (yesterday). I am surprised the buyer didn't reach out to me and try to negotiate. I am curious to see who or what company bought it, and what they will do with it.

Of course I am ecstatic!

57490363_10219215865655898_7438041938218975232_n.jpg

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.com
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
GreenPest.com – I bought this domain from a fellow domainer couple of years back in a package deal. This was sold via Afternic BIN at $3,888.

Younifi.com – Acquired this domain for $xx couple of months back and had BIN of $3,988 at both major platforms Sedo and Afternic. However, got direct inquiry and after I quoted price, got an offer of $2,000 for a quick deal to be done that day itself. I wasn’t tempted to sell it as that wasn’t an acceptable offer. I revised my asking and gave my final price of $3,500. Going back and forth for at least couple of times more and sticking with the same price of $3,500, buyer agreed and bought the name. All in all, it was really nice dealing with buyer. Great person to deal with.

CosmoChem.com – This was an interesting sale completed this month. Acquired the name less than two months back for $xxx, got direct inquiry via Uniregistry lander. Buyer was from Korea and if I remember correctly, I sold my first domain to a buyer from Korea. Funny thing in the entire deal was the buyer kept talking completely in Korean language which I needed to translate every time at Google Translate to understand what buyer says. After which I always responded back in English. It was good the buyer understood English language and I had no problem if he was responding back in Korean language

Initially buyer asked for the price for which I quoted $7,888. Buyer offered with $3,700. I reduced to $7,250. And then there was silence for a week period… I usually don’t follow up unless I sense the seriousness from any potential buyer. In this case, I followed up and buyer improved the offer to $6,000.

I gave my final price of $7,000 and took the entire escrow fee at my end which in almost all my transactions, my buyers pay. Eventually $7,000 was accepted and deal completed through Escrow.com

TheNordic.com – Bought this domain several years back. Afternic broker (Will Black) contacted on behalf of their client with an offer of $5,888. It was having BIN for $6,888 both at Sedo and Afternic. He asked if I’ve any flexibility, would like to counter or accept. I responded to remain stick at $6,888. Few days later, got accepted and payment on the way! Many thanks Will as you’ve done good job in getting the buyer to accept $6,888. It’s been great doing business with you in past and this time as well! Hope to do many more deals with you in future

VELO.org – I’m sharing this particular sale because surprisingly this was my first .org sale and was sold for $5,888 through Afternic BIN.

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.com
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Flome.com – Received direct inquiry via Uniregistry lander and after quoting $2,888 for which initially got $2,250 offer. After giving the best and final offer of $2,500, buyer immediately accepted and made payment via Uniregistry checkout which has been working very smooth for me. As soon as the funds are secured by Uniregistry, they transfer the domain swiftly and credits your account and funds are released per your preferred payment method.

TotalHomeComfort.com – Acquired this domain last year from GoDaddy closeouts. Received opening offer of $1,250 for which I quoted $2,988. To add one thing here, all quoted prices are already set at Sedo, Afternic and their partner registrars so anyone can buy directly from there as well. And the same price is quoted to all potential buyers who inquire directly.

After the usual silence from buyers, got $1,750 as last and final offer. We quoted $2,600 as final price with no more negotiation space left. The buyer came with $2,000 by saying the budget doesn’t allow to move above any more. After around 15 days, out of the blue, the buyer came back and accepted the offer. Once again, we used Uniregistry checkout to complete the transfer and payment procedure.

ChicagoSurgical.com – There have been rare instances where we acquired domain names in bulk deal and this was one of them. Acquired for low 3 figures couple of years back and sold via Afternic BIN for $1,988.

GymMaster.com – Love to have such 2 word brandable domains in portfolio. This took bit too long to close the deal. Got $13,500 opening offer via Afternic broker. The listed price was $19,888 BIN. After going back and forth several times with the broker, we finally closed the deal for $15,000.

HammerApp.com – Sold via Afternic BIN for $1,588.

RegulatoryRisk.com – Sold via Sedo BIN for $1,988. Held this domain for more than 5 years.

CheeseMongers.com – Acquired this domain more than 6 years back. Received direct inquiry via Uniregistry lander and $3,988 was quoted for which initially $3,000 was made. This wasn’t bad offer at all considering the number of years the domain was held and some 3 figs was invested as well. After giving the best price we would accept was $3,750, the buyer immediately accepted. Once again we used Uniregistry checkout which worked very smoothly.

4CEE.com – Creativity and brand-ability is involved in this domain. Acquired this domain several years back and was having BIN of $2,588. Sold at BIN price via Afternic.

GlowupBeauty.com – This was an interesting domain sale. Acquired the domain late August this year for low 3 figures. Put up the domain for $1,988 BIN and was sold via Afternic. With 60 days transfer lock period, domain remained with me for a month period and was later transferred to Afternic.

Kalpavruksha.com – Domain was acquired earlier this year via GoDaddy Auctions for 2 figures and some time back sold for $1,988 BIN via Afternic. During the entire period of holding the domain, got several inquiries via Uniregistry broker and direct lead. However, nothing worked as buyer got stuck at $1,200 and $1,500. I remained firm at $1,988 with no interest to negotiate.

Online-Auto.com – I’m not fond of buying hyphenated domains. However, paying $59 isn’t that bad either for such a domain. Acquired it last year and sold via Afternic BIN for $1,988.

SimplyHis.com – Another domain acquired for $59 last year. And also sold via Afternic BIN for $1,988.

Cloud22.com – This domain was acquired around mid this year for 3 figures. Received direct inquiry and quoted $5,888. The buyer was very nice gentleman to deal with and a good negotiator as well. Buyer initially offered $4,000. We quoted $5,500. After several exchanges of emails, the buyer raised his offer to $4,500. At the end, we both agreed to finalize the deal at $5,000 and sealed the deal via Sedo escrow where the buyer paid the Sedo escrow fee as well.

Mmmore.com – Another domain acquired for $59 and later sold via Afternic BIN for $1,988.

It’s obvious that BIN sales are working the best and the best platform for selling BIN domains is Afternic. Since I’ve been sharing my domain sales and acquisitions, at the same time I would like to share that now the portfolio consists of 3,300 domains. The sale ratio is 2-2.5% per year and targeting towards 3% in 2020.

Impact
Sales for May 2020:

lioness dot co ... $3000
BIN via Afternic

microtek dot co ... $1495
BIN via Afternic

pixelperfect dot co ... $1495
BIN via Afternic

rubrik dot co ... $749
BIN via DAN lander

gosafe dot co ... $749
BIN via Afternic

sosocial dot co ... $749
BIN via Afternic

herbivore dot co ... $749
BIN via Afternic

firstpage dot co ... $749
BIN via Afternic

booming dot co ... $700
MakeOffer via DAN lander

Impact
Some sales for April 2020...

klick dot co ... $5500
MakeOffer via DAN lander

oneclick dot co ... $5000
MakeOffer via DAN lander

seedbank dot co ... $900
MakeOffer via DAN lander

kaufman dot co ... $750
MakeOffer via DAN lander

statiq dot co ... $749
BIN via DAN lander

dolla dot co ... $725
BIN via Afternic

growthmarketing dot co ... $550
MakeOffer via DAN lander

Last edited:

Gene

DomainersUniversity.com
Impact
Lyte said:
Well, because my question would be... how do you arrive/negotiate to $12K!? :| Lyte

Basically, it was a matter of standing strong in my boots right from the start. Here's how the process went...

It was a young lady who first emailed me with a very brief message: "would you consider selling this domain name?" That's all there was. This strongly indicated to me that this was a VERY serious, interested party. Why? Basic human psychology. Most offers that come through ramble on and either made an offer or ask for a price right from the start. I felt this was someone who knew how to play the game -- they wanted ME to make the first move in the price war.

I decided to NOT respond to that first email to test my theory. If they WERE as interested in the name as I suspected, they would ask again soon. Sure enough, 3 days later I received another email with another very brief message asking the same question as before. I waited 2 days this time then replied with "I wouldn't rule it out, but it would have to be a very substantial offer as I'm currently using this domain for my business. Have a nice day."

The next day, an even shorter email from her: "What is 'substantial?'" I replied the next day with "I would not consider any offers of less than $12,000."

Several days later she emailed me with: "Is there any way you could take $4,000 for it?" (Now mind you, I knew I had a serious buyer on my hands at this point, and it was time to really play the game). I waited several days to let them sweat a bit and let them wonder if I dropped the issue because of their low offer. I finally replied to the lady with: "I'm sorry, but as I mentioned last week, I can't consider any offers of less than $12,000 as I am using this for my business".

She replied within hours this time (I sensed she was growing impatient) and said: "Can I have my boyfriend call you? He's better at negotiating".

Now THERE'S a dead giveaway! I gave her my phone number, and the next day I got the call from a very friendly down-to-earth gentleman: "Hi Gene, me and my girlfriend are starting a business and we're interested in your domain name. I could pay you $5,000 right now... and use escrow.com for the transaction -- I'll even pay the fees".

At this point I acted like I was growing very impatient. I explained to him everything I told his 'girlfriend', and nicely said g'bye.

Because of many things he said in our conversation, I suspected that this 'couple' were actually working for a major corp somewhere, acting as a mom & pop business.

He called the next day and left a message on my answering machine (I was expecting this would happen, so I didn't pick up the phone). "Hey Gene, we've been thinking about it and we decided we could go up to $10,000. Please let me know if we can make a deal -- call me as soon as you can".

I waited 2 days, called him back and after a bit of small-talk I said "it's been nice talking with you and I really wish you well in your new venture, but $12,000 is my absolute lowest starting point". (notice the key words "starting point"... I intentionally used those words so as to give the impression that I may even try to negotiate a higher price if you gave me time to think about it!). I got off the phone quickly, and waited for him to make his last move. He called that evening and accepted the $12,000 price. He began the escrow, I transferred the domain and I had the bank-check in hand about 10 days later.

Patience is your best friend in this business!

Gene

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.com
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
I acquired TruthTeller.com privately on 8th October 2020 for $500. I put up $19,888 BIN and Floor price at Afternic and on 13th October 2020, I received an email informing me about the domain getting sold via Fast Transfer for $19,888.

On the other hand, my fastest sale to date remains the same – Textbooks.CO which I sold in 24 hours back in 2013 via outbound marketing.

I’m glad that my second fastest sale also happened to be in the 5 figures range.

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.com
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello and Assalamo Alaikum,

It’s been just couple of weeks coming to Malaysia and right after relocating, I sold couple of domains and that too within 24 hours. It was really surprising and very satisfying to have 2 domain sales and that too of five figures! Having couple of five figures that quickly is a personal record. Credit to the hard working brokers and Afternic team.

Both of them happened via Afternic.

First sale was of DarkWallet.com which I originally listed for sale at $29,888 BIN both at Sedo and Afternic. Usually all my pricing is same at every marketplace. The buyer came via Afternic broker and initially offered $20,000. However, after going back and forth, we settled for $25,000 gross.

Next sale was definitely surprising which happened after DarkWallet.com sale where the buyer simply hit the BIN and paid $19,888 for it. The domain was BusinessChecking.com

The total acquisition costs for both domains was around $1,000.

Looks like the start of this new journey of moving to Malaysia has started fantastically well and hope it continues to keep ticking up only.

Feel free to comment no matter how good or good that is 😉

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.com
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Today I wanted to share another domain sale with complete detail of how it started and the deal was wrapped up successfully.

The domain I sold is Quaestor.com which was the oldest domain by creation date I owned until it sold. It was initially registered in 1994 but I acquired in 2018 for around $1100 via GoDaddy Auctions.

The inquiry came in via Uniregistry lander and I quoted price of $26,888. The buyer countered with $3000. After exchanging several emails and asking to come close to quoted price, the buyer revised his offer to $6,000.

Again after more communication, I said to present an offer of over $20,000 to get into negotiation.

With no response, I gave my final price of $25,000 with 7 days to accept. The buyer came in August and offered $10,000 but only after the 7 days period was over.

Sticking firm to the final price, the buyer came again in October and presented $15,000 offer to which I declined by informing the price is reverted back to $26,888 which was initially quoted because the offer of $25,000 was valid for 7 days only.

There was once again silence until the buyer came again in November by asking if I’m willing to negotiate as they’ve to decide and move on within a week period.

During this silence period of more than a month, I already upped the price at all marketplaces to $29,888 so I informed the buyer new price at all marketplaces but if he is still willing to buy, I can offer $26,000 to you only which is valid until the end of November.

Buyer immediately accepted and we used Sedo escrow and buyer paid the Sedo commission.

At one stage the domain was offered for $25,000 but ultimately sold for $26,000 to the same buyer. Every time you need to grab the offer at the right time, but you’re not always sure what’s that perfect time. We keep learning from our and others experiences. What best we can do is to keep learning all the time and improving ourselves.

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.com
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Kword.com for $3,888

GoDragonfly.com
for $3,988

EastEight.com for $8,888

U-6.com
for $1,888

Kword.com acquired more than 5 years back. GoDragonfly.com acquired almost 2 years ago. EastEight.com also almost 2 years back and U-6.com more than 5 years before. Altogether acquisition cost for these 4 domains was under $500.

All above sales happened via Afternic last month.

Last edited:
fearsale-e1588904116479.png

----------------------------------------------------

Domain name: FearOfMissingOut / com
Sale venue: Afternic
Sale type: BIN

Asking price: $8,337
Sale price: $8,337

Purchase price: $150
Purchased: Namepros
Hold time: 16 months

Really excited about this one. And not just because it was long 4 WORD domain. The more interesting part is that I purchased this name from a NP member a little over a year ago.

This sale is proof that you CAN find great deals here on the forum if you know how to find them. This isn’t the only domain I’ve made a healthy ROI from a NP purchase but definitely the highest yet.

No further details

Last edited:

phelo1

Established Member
Impact
Sold: PlanetNFT.com
Sale venue: Landing page (epik.com)
Listing type: Buy-It-Now
Listing upgrades: none
Seller: Me
Asking price: $49999
Sale price: $49999
Purchase venue: handreg Jan 2021
Purchase price: $8.49
Details: registered around 14 keyword +nft domains when I first heard the term. Some great ones were available so I guess I was early. This is my first keyword+nft domain sale.

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.com
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Simplifire.com – Acquired last year and total cost was in $xx. Had put up BIN like I’ve set up on over 95% of my domains. Sold via Afternic BIN for $4,888 so nothing much to share in detail. But what I can is the ROI was fantastic. I love to buy such type of brandable domains.

Claira.com – Received inquiry via Uniregistry lander and I quoted $2,988. Got an offer of $1500. I responded with $2,800 as the minimum to be accepted. Buyer immediately accepted. I set up escrow at Sedo to use their service and see how it goes. Everything went smooth but the only issue with Sedo escrow is they don’t let you set up escrow by yourself. I need to submit the required detail and Sedo initiates transaction during business timings. That’s where they lack and need to give the right to any one to start transaction and they can look after once it’s started. Acquired this domain in 2014.

RedAccess.com – Another BIN sale via Afternic for $2888. Acquired this domain in 2014. With BIN sales, there isn’t much to share but in my opinion, any sale is something to learn from.

ChapterSix.com – Coincidentally this domain was also acquired in 2014. It looks like I’m making some sales for the domains I acquired in 2014
This domain originally had an asking price of $1,988. Got counter of $1,000. I countered with $1800 for a quick deal and was accepted.

Used Uniregistry checkout system and it worked great! They’ve improved their checkout system as in past sellers were forced to pay the PayPal/Credit Card fee of 3.88% and no option to select buyer to pay that fee. Now it shows both option for seller to opt who’ll pay the fee. Although the Service Fee of Uniregistry is paid by seller which is touch higher but with smooth and small deals I would prefer to use them instead of Escrow.com who asks you lot of stuff to verify your account. During that time, there are chances of buyers getting disappear.

BioFidelity.com – Received inquiry via Uniregistry lander and quoted $6,888. The buyer offered $2,000. After going back and forth with buyer several times, we settled for $2,200. I rarely go that low but since I needed to invest in other and better domains, I went ahead and took it. Deal was completed via Uniregistry checkout.

JhMiller.com – Acquired this domain last year with total cost in low 3 figs. Received inquiry via Uniregistry lander on behalf of their client along with an offer of $113 by mentioning https://www.freevaluator.com/ and did a quick check for jhmiller.com and it returned $113.62.” While researching about their client, I found they own JhMiller.CO. Anyhow, I quoted the same listing price of $1,988.

It was real fun dealing with this buyer as he gave an offer of $113. In his next response, he revised offer on the automated valuation of another crappy site Estibot.com which according to him gave $1,200. But he was giving an additional $150 above that appraisal.

My excerpts from the next message “We don’t believe in any automated appraisals as none of them is trustworthy. I’m sure you’re aware of the biggest registrar in the world GoDaddy.com which appraises the domain for $1,781 – https://www.godaddy.com/domain-valu...eckAvail=1&tmskey=&domainToCheck=jhmiller.com

Even if it appraises double than that, it won’t affect our asking price as we don’t set our prices based on automated appraisals.

You may want to check weekly reported domain sales – http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm to get an idea about current domain market.

Since you operate designing company, I’m sure you understands very well about the value of quality domains.”

And there goes the most common silence we domainers face :-D

After around a week later, I countered with $1,850 and gave 48 hours to accept. The buyer got back saying his client is willing to pay $1,750 which is final offer. I took it and deal completed via Uniregistry checkout.

Last edited:

Pazu

Established Member
Impact
Domain name: EarthXR dot com
Sale venue:
Inquired through GD auctions, then Efty, then Epik :wacky:
Listing type: Make offer (Negotiated for a month)
Asking price: $6000 net (later raised to 10k which motivated buyer)
Purchase venue: Epik
Purchase price: $5800 minus 9% fee = $5278
Cost: $12 Godaddy Auction + renewal + Epik transfer
Hold time: Less than a year
Details: Company purchased the .org 7 months ago and wanted upgrade. Will be used for earth education VR video. Also used Efty Tawk.to chat a couple times, thanks @Doron Vermaat (y)

Last edited:
Impact
Purchase Price : $1560

Hold time : 3+ years

Sell type : Negotiation

Had few offers between $5K to $9K in past which I rejected graciously.

Was listed for $29995 and then $39995. Settled for below price.

Humble request : Please do not use name in discussion thread anywhere.

Thanks

IPPA.PNG

Top Bottom