NameSilo

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
just finalized a smaller sale for first time with DN.com (thanks to free promo code) as Escrow.. been very fast & smooth experience

Grow Up Smart dot com to Enduser from Denmark for € 2500
took 1 day to negotiate (initial offer € 300), Whois should be updated in the next days (was wire transfer)

ps: handregged on 4th feb 2014 for $1.99, so took roughly a year to sell passively

Last edited:
•••
just finalized a smaller sale for first time with DN.com as Escrow.. been very fast & smooth experience

GrowUpSmart dot com to Enduser from Denmark for € 2500
took 1 day to negotiate

€ 2500 is not a small sale.
It is a nice sale.
congratulations :)

•••
just finalized a smaller sale for first time with DN.com as Escrow.. been very fast & smooth experience

Grow Up Smart dot com to Enduser from Denmark for € 2500
took 1 day to negotiate, Whois should be updated in the next 1-2 days

ps: handregged on 4th feb 2014 for $1.99, so toook roughly a year to sell passively

Congrat - Nice sales in particular to a Dane;) (I'm from Denmark and here people are very reluctant to pay for domains)

•••
i noticed that already with that guy, that's why didn't push it too much and settled for that lower amount, lol..
prefer to take some nice ROI home, not asking for an arm and leg for each of my domains..

•••
I sold 9 domains to Danish startups last year and all started with shameful lowball offers and most took several months before we agreed.

•••
A few more sales:

PokerAnalysis()com $1,000
StopAdware()com $600
Mark()et $2,500 (through broker)

Moving on and GL

•••
P*i*v*o*t*P*l*a*c*e dot com - 1500 $
afternic

•••
Sold a .science domain for mid XXX , via Sedo , Just received funds in my PayPal :)

Can't disclose the name as per sale agreement.

•••
•••
Forgot to post in this thread that I recently sold:

ImageVR (.com) - $2500
VRwonder (.com) - $2000

•••
Forgot to post in this thread that I recently sold:

ImageVR (.com) - $2500
VRwonder (.com) - $2000

Awesome sales man, may I ask where you sold them at?

•••
•••
•••
That's awesome..did you do a home page or category featured listing or just have them parked there?

I just listed them straight for sale, no category featured listing or anything like that.

•••
I just listed them straight for sale, no category featured listing or anything like that.

Nice man! Did you list them with a Make Offer only option or did you have a price with a make offer option?

•••
Nice man! Did you list them with a Make Offer only option or did you have a price with a make offer option?

I usually don't bother with make offer, BIN only :)

•••
I usually don't bother with make offer, BIN only :)

Thanks for the tip man! I have tried the make offer option and haven't much luck with it on Sedo. Did you sell these names pretty close together?

•••
Thanks for the tip man! I have tried the make offer option and haven't much luck with it on Sedo. Did you sell these names pretty close together?

No problem mate, both names sold the same day :)

Have a few more VR deals waiting to be completed as well.

•••
Sold this handreg (Bought on 8th of Feb) for $1,500 (Under Escrow).
Contacted end user and they were interested. I ask them to make offer and they offered that amount. They are also a new startup company and I guess helping them would be good.

Since, this is my first x,xxx sale, I might as well accept and show to my friends and family in Asia that there is yingsome money to be make from domaining :)

I would like to thank all those who has teach me and help me learn the ropes of domaining.

Cheers and never give up
please how can i contact the end users?.I have been trying to contact .net and .org end users of gjtrz but their emails are just rejecting mine.Please kindly share how you contact them without getting postmail problem.

•••
Sold this handreg (Bought on 8th of Feb) for $1,500 (Under Escrow).
Contacted end user and they were interested. I ask them to make offer and they offered that amount. They are also a new startup company and I guess helping them would be good.

Since, this is my first x,xxx sale, I might as well accept and show to my friends and family in Asia that there is yingsome money to be make from domaining :)

I would like to thank all those who has teach me and help me learn the ropes of domaining.

Cheers and never give up
please how can i contact the end users?.I have been trying to contact .net and .org end users of gjtrz but their emails are just rejecting mine.Please kindly share how you contact them without getting post mail problem.

•••
E*B*I*T*D*A () info

$700 on sedo

•••
Closed today finally. .com with no spaces. Hand reg in Oct

interactive / / / / drones

$700

•••
sand /// sucker /// dot com
Closed today. End-user contacted via whois. Picked this in goDaddy closeout for $18 few months back.

$1500
my first XXXX sale.

•••
•••
Closed today. End-user contacted via whois. Picked this in goDaddy closeout for $18 few months back.

$1500
my first XXXX sale.
Congrats on your first XXXX Sale

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back