IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats on your 1st sale of 2015

•••
Vojx_com - $488
nzzh_com -$99
xsga_com - $99
Lqat_com - $99

all sold on Brand Seekers :)

Last edited:
•••
Droneswoop.com = $140

Thank you Johname and Iowadawg, you guys are top notch in my book.

•••
•••
•••
Vojx_com - $488
nzzh_com -$99
xsga_com - $99
Lqat_com - $99

all sold on Brand Seekers :)

Awesome work Chetan!!

Just a suggestion, rather than placing BIN prices at your listings on brandseekers, put them up as make offer listings so that you dont leave money on the table with enduser sales.

If these were reseller sales, than thats fine.

Good luck and to your success!

•••
2 small sales:

P a r i s E s c o r t s dot f r - 250 Euro ( I know Veerryy cheap!) - courtesy
E n e r g y G a z e t t e dot c o m - 150 $

sedo

•••
Well done zibero, you already have 1000e+ sold in March....good job

•••
Micro sale this. Jwle.com for $35

•••
I made over $3000 last 3 month making small sales here and there total.

•••
r*e*a*d*y*f*i*t dot com sold for $2,500 with Afternic.

•••
My spelling error .com, expiredomainnames.com sold today for $150 to a Member here. Thanks and Good Luck to them!

Last edited:
•••
HealthCentral.net sold for 350$ in Flippa

•••
•••
My spelling error .com, expiredomainnames.com sold today for $150 to a Member here. Thanks and Good Luck to them!

Congrats - did you sell through the Domain Sales forums?

•••
Congrats - did you sell through the Domain Sales forums?

No it was somebody that saw my post about the domain asking for an appraisal on it. I bought it thinking it was EXPIRED DOMAIN NAMES .com but it was actually EXPIRE DOMAIN NAMES, but they still had a use for it

•••
A*r*t*i*z*e, purchased as a drop catch for $52, sold via Afternic for $2,488

G*r*i*t*e*c*h, purchased at GD auctions for $32, sold via Afternic for $1500

C*a*r*b*o*n*C*o*u*n*t, purchased as a drop catch for $49, sold direct via my lander for $2,488

C*h*e*v*e*u*x*B*e*a*u*t*e, purchased at GD closeouts for $9, sold via Sedo for $8K

B*C*h*e*f, purchased at GD auctions for $14, sold via Sedo for $1,840

All dot coms

•••
A*r*t*i*z*e, purchased as a drop catch for $52, sold via Afternic for $2,488

G*r*i*t*e*c*h, purchased at GD auctions for $32, sold via Afternic for $1500

C*a*r*b*o*n*C*o*u*n*t, purchased as a drop catch for $49, sold direct via my lander for $2,488

C*h*e*v*e*u*x*B*e*a*u*t*e, purchased at GD closeouts for $9, sold via Sedo for $8K

B*C*h*e*f, purchased at GD auctions for $14, sold via Sedo for $1,840

All dot coms

Great sales. I don't know how you do it guys to sell on SEDO and Afternic. I listed a few but no interest. Must be the domain names :)

•••
Those (like listed by discobull just now) are mostly not just 100% passive sales, there is often some outbound marketing via emails to drive traffic to these listings.. just sometimes it takes weeks or months until someone of the emailed potential targets finally gives in and clicks the "buy now" button..

•••
Those (like listed by discobull just now) are mostly not just 100% passive sales, there is often some outbound marketing via emails to drive traffic to these listings.. just sometimes it takes weeks or months until someone of the emailed potential targets finally gives in and clicks the "buy now" button..

I understand. I have parked my domain names by SEDO and have send some email to potential end users. You can see the names in my signature. I never send end user to the listing I just mention they are for sale.

•••

In my case, they are 100% passive. I don't do mailings anymore. Mailings work, but I hate doing them so I don't. :)

•••
"I never send end user to the listing I just mention they are for sale."

Then you are definitely missing out on some potential sales.. providing a direct link to your listing never hurts, just make sure to send your email through a spam checker first to see if your link triggers any spam filters..

•••
In my case, they are 100% passive. I don't do mailings anymore. Mailings work, but I hate doing them so I don't. :)

How do you get interest from SEDO and Afternic listings. Do you use any promotions?

•••
In my case, they are 100% passive. I don't do mailings anymore. Mailings work, but I hate doing them so I don't.

That's amazing.

•••
How do you get interest from SEDO and Afternic listings. Do you use any promotions?

I just list them, nothing else.

But, in two of those cases ( naturally, the two highest priced ones), listing on Afternic and Sedo actually cost me money because those buyers had contacted me directly first just hours before purchasing on those marketplaces. I screwed up. Up until recently I'd always listed my domains as "make offers", but have recently started switching over to BIN. Anyway, I forgot to think about the fact that I already had prices published when I gave out my quotes and since my quotes were the same as those in the marketplaces, they purchased them there instead. Apparently buyers do research before purchasing. :) An expensive lesson learned.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back