Dynadot

Question about Ebay

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I don't understand why people are trying to sell domains for such ridiculous prices on Ebay. Is it some kind of weird sales strategy? A lot of people are doing it too. Any ideas?

Thanks,

mtzkheta

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I notice that some are really rich people that have too much time on their hands or the web site is developed and its a way to advertise the site. Another reason would be to hope that the domain interests someone that someone would make a smaller offer.

•••
eBay is crazy to begin with... Did you know people list crap on there all the time and people buy it? Its true!

•••
Originally posted by Anthony
Did you know people list crap on there all the time and people buy it? Its true!

Thats the joy! Where else would I get my collection of 60s and 70s used and worn and wreaked American licences plates at!? B-)

I'm curious to know how people get away with the eBay fees, on domains they have listed for ridiculous amounts of money... I've never bothered dealing with domains over eBay, because each story I hear about domains on eBay keeps getting worst. :(

•••
probably the "buyer" of ridiculous price worthless domain is also the seller :P

•••
And I also figure that most of the sales with super bad domains and a high selling price is purchased by someone who never makes a payment to that auction, hehe

•••
Originally posted by .edu
I notice that some are really rich people that have too much time on their hands or the web site is developed and its a way to advertise the site. Another reason would be to hope that the domain interests someone that someone would make a smaller offer.

Alot of the people that view ebay are rich people with a computer and dont want to go out and find what they want.
Thus, spending a couple 100 on a domain isnt that much to them, especially if its really interesting to them.

•••
A couple hundred I can maybe understand, but 45 million, or 200,000?

•••
umm I've never seen a domain on ebay go for that much :P

•••
•••
Originally posted by csmaster2005
umm I've never seen a domain on ebay go for that much :P

I think this thread was started about the domains that we see on ebay everyday for over $100,000. The listing fee alone must be outrageous when you are listing 10 of these every week.

•••
heh, I see that, but I havent seen any on ebay go/list for over 100

•••
•••
Eh, wow, you're right :P
Also, if I wasnt clear about earlier, by 100 I meant 100k

•••
Maybe they think of it as a lottery...I mean why do so many people buy lottery tickets? Becuase the chance is there! Each time they list a domain they are playing the lottery hoping, that by chance, some fool who has alot of money and no knowledge will just dive for the domain...thats my opinion

•••
yea, thats kinda what I was thinking

•••
it's an advertising ploy. also, if someone happens to bite, then that's more for the better for them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back