IT.COM

discuss Decade domainers: What was domaining like when you started? (TRENDS)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jv1999

Hopeless Fighter: Desolate Knight of Exo TowersTop Member
Impact
It's interesting to learn how domaining has progressed! I've been curious about what domaining was like in the early days if nP and beyond.

I'll go first:

When I started in '16, 4Ls were all the rage, along with CHIPs. No one ever knew 4L coms were valuable until they randomly boomed along with CHIPs. There were stories about people mass selling 4Ls on eBay and making alotta cabbage.

For those of you who don't know, CHIPs are Chinese-flavor domains that are either all numbers up to six length and don't contain 0 or 4 (unless they're at the ends or in a pattern). 4L chips don't contain vowels or v.

There was some self-driving trend too that happened along that time... with one person spending 2k on fresh hand regs. Idk what all happened with that ^_^ as I haven't kept up.

What about you guys in the 00s and 10s?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I started around 1999
Mostly buying my country domains which I still own
In 2002/2003 i started collecting LLL.com as it was hobby for me to collect domains and never sell them still until today 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

I sold few around 2009 and still have few great names
I took break until this year I came back to domaining again
"Collecting 3Ls" 😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵

Collecting Porsches

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back